• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I love how often this happens.  Cats that people used to write off as "He's just getting old" now get diagnosed and treated, and live for years longer!  And if you catch diabetes early enough, and give them the right diet and insulin, cats have a pretty good chance of going into remission and not needing the insulin anymore.

This happened to my friend Elizabeth's cat Haile Selassie, so named for being an Abyssinian and fondly nicknamed His Imperial Majesty. He developed diabetes but it was caught in time and eventually he went into remission and didn't need insulin anymore. :)

Here is a picture of Haile in action, in a manner of speaking:

haile.jpg

I have "Amalgam" from Undertale in my head right now. Don't know why. Gonna try and drown it out with something else.

There we go. "Vs. Legendary Beasts" from Pokemon Crystal.

Edited by Zorua
found music

On ‎07‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:03 PM, CritterKeeper said:

A cockatiel who can whistle "If You're Happy And You Know It" and the Imperial March from Star Wars.

Now I have those tunes trying to play in my head simultaneously.

It's not that I WANT to hear it.  But until the John Williams Sunday School Score is performed, I will not get this out of my head.

Rush, (the band, not the right wing radio host.)

Lots of bands do songs about "being a rock star sorta sucks"

Rush has done, at least, 2.   Either one of them is the best of that type of song every done.  Yeah, I know,  I just made a paradox.  it's cool, it's about Rush.  After all, what other band1 is the bassist the one that every one thinks of when they talk about the band?

Limelight

The Spirit of Radio

1OK, I'll give you the Beatles. Paul was sort of notable.

Edited by mlooney
Reasons

Also, The Warning, another 3 person metal band.  Unlike Rush, they aren't from the history of rock, they are part of the future of it.  That's right, the future of crunchy rock is 3 teenage girls from Mexico.  Listen to this and tell me it's not metal as hell.

On August 10, 2016 at 9:31 PM, mlooney said:

Lots of bands do songs about "being a rock star sorta sucks"

Now you've put me in a Tom Smith mood....

Soon, however, I expect I'll be listening to one of the Big Finish Doctor Who audio dramas I just checked out from the library.  Yes, my library is cool enough to not only have most available episodes of the TV series, but to also be adding the audio dramas too!  I now have both The Diary of River Song series one and The War Doctor: Only the Monstrous and the only question is when I'll be able to make the time to listen to them.  (Which will require buying a new charging cord for my Nook if I want to listen to it anywhere other than home or in the car....)

Just got back from listening to five hours worth of Drum & Bugle Corps performances at the DCI World Championship Prelims simulcast held at my local movie theater. Ohmydearlord, the Canton Bluecoats were INCREDIBLE tonight. Best show Mrs. Prof and I have seen/heard in years.

Nimbasa City! It's just so catchy!

Most of Pokemon Black and White's soundtrack is awesome. Driftveil City is the only one I outright dislike.

Edited by Zorua
Broken video. Fixed.

The people up stairs.   Something about "Mother's china ware" and who did or did not wash it last.  Sounds like the younger daughter is on the bad end of this. Just for the record, this is the first time I've heard them talking/yelling. Thumping noises, sure, voices I can understand, not so much.

Undertale fan music: "Alphys Takes Action".

Combines elements from the following Undertale tracks: Alphys, Stronger Monsters, Heartache, CORE, Memory, and Spear of Justice.

Thor OST - "Science and Magic"

Very tranquil.

Recommendation: Type the name of the song. If you just use a hyperlink or an embedded video, and the video gets taken down, nobody will know what song it was. This way, though, people can look for it even if the linked video doesn't work anymore.

The bathroom on the other side of the building.  seems they have an issue with one or more of the things that use water.  I've been hearing water run though pipess for about  hours now.  I just hope it doesn't end up flooding my area.

This place is trade off.  It's very cheap, but damn it's noisy.

R.E.O. Speedwagon
"A Decade of Rock and Roll" in particular.  It bothers me more than it should when I figured out that "Decade" is old enough to have children that can have a drivers license, and almost old enough to drink (That would be 16 and 21 years, at least in Oklahoma).  I feel older than normal today.

I should know better, but I looked up when "Golden Country" was written. 19 freaking 72. It's just a strong (and saddly true) statement about American poltics today as it was then.

But then again, I am a Son of a Poor Man who is just Riding the Storm Out until It's Time for Me to Fly

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

R.E.O. Speedwagon
I should know better, but I looked up when "Golden Country" was written. 19 freaking 72. It's just a strong (and saddly true) statement about American poltics today as it was then.

Huh.  Shouldn't finding out something is older than I am make me feel young, not old?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Huh.  Shouldn't finding out something is older than I am make me feel young, not old?

My boss took us out to dinner, a tour of a new winery in the area and then to see Mama Mia at the local country theatre, the lead female character Sophia is 20 years old born in 1979, I'm 37 years old born in 1979, I do realize that the play would have been set in 1999-2000 but still I wasn't sure if I should have felt young or old.