• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

On 3/15/2017 at 7:31 AM, mlooney said:

My dishwasher.  It's chanting again.  I expect human noticeable  earthquakes within the month.

That's not normal behavior for a major appliance...

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

That's not normal behavior for a major appliance...

Occasionally you will see a Colonel Appliance behaving eccentrically.  But anything truly bizarre from appliances is usually not tolerated until they reach flag officer status.

Watch out for any appliances from Admiral or General Electric.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Worst refrigerator I ever had was from Norge. I swear it was Helheim-bent on some sort of Viking revenge against us.

Oh, that's normal. Norwegians have a deep seated distrust and suspicion of anything not from Norway. Naturally, any products they sell resent being removed from Norway and tend to take this out on the purchasers.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh, that's normal. Norwegians have a deep seated distrust and suspicion of anything not from Norway. Naturally, any products they sell resent being removed from Norway and tend to take this out on the purchasers.

Well, our replacement for it is a Kenmore Elite, purchased from a Sears Outlet (read: scratch & dent) store. I don't think it took too kindly to being scratch & dented, because it's been making the weirdest copper-tinged gurgling sounds ever since we got it ... I swear it might be doing some long distance communicating with mlooney's dishwasher on a higher frequency. It's an unholy conspiracy, I tell you.

Evanescence and AC/DC, with spaceships

The spaceship part here is Goon (aka the bad guys) fleet of battleships getting destroyed by an allied (aka the not as bad guys) fleet, from the point of view of the allies.  Even on my not very good video laptop, Eve does look great.

13 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I swear it might be doing some long distance communicating with mlooney's dishwasher on a higher frequency. It's an unholy conspiracy, I tell you.

Is it making noise right now (6:20 CST)?  Because the dishwasher is chanting again.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Evanescence and AC/DC, with spaceships

The spaceship part here is Goon (aka the bad guys) fleet of battleships getting destroyed by an allied (aka the not as bad guys) fleet, from the point of view of the allies.  Even on my not very good video laptop, Eve does look great.

It's a good thing that Tengu fleet was with the good guys, Nanase and Ellen wouldn't have had a chance against those even with Guardians. See what I did there? ;)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's a good thing that Tengu fleet was with the good guys, Nanase and Ellen wouldn't have had a chance against those even with Guardians. See what I did there? ;)

These are real Tengu, not "Not-Tengu".  Well, not really real Tengu, those are Asian monsters, but these aren't cult making magic using Not-Tengu

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Maybe it isn't actually as sinister as we think. They might just be playing EVE Online together.

The dishwasher has been chanting far longer than I've been playing Eve.  Plus I have my WiFi MAC-port blocked, so yeah, I'm still going with the whole elder gods thing.

Just now, mlooney said:

The dishwasher has been chanting far longer than I've been playing Eve.  Plus I have my WiFi MAC-port blocked, so yeah, I'm still going with the whole elder gods thing.

Eve's been around 15 years, the dishwasher could have started playing long before you, the chanting is it's way of lamenting the memory of B.O.B ;)

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Eve's been around 15 years, the dishwasher could have started playing long before you, the chanting is it's way of lamenting the memory of B.O.B ;)

39 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Why would a dishwasher lament a battery-operated boyfriend?

Band of Brothers, but from what I've read about them, your term may also be applied.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:
41 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Why would a dishwasher lament a battery-operated boyfriend?

Band of Brothers, but from what I've read about them, your term may also be applied.

It was one of the biggest alliances in Eve for several years, then a couple months before I started playing (2009) one of it's top directors defected to Goonswarm, but not before disbanding the alliance and main corp. They were very expansionist oriented and they were essentially trying to conquer all of Eve but they spread themselves too thin and made too many enemies.

A year later, Goonswarm's CEO "forgot" to pay sovereignty upkeep, disbanded the alliance, and then moved the GoonFleet corp into the Band of Brothers alliance that Goons snagged to prevent anyone from reforming that alliance when it was collapsed the previous year.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wait, wait, there's a Goonish team on this game?  :-)

Yes, but not the good kind of Goonish.  Somethingawful.com goons.

I'm going through my video game music list and trying to demote things from the second tier, which is a bit fat; and also categorize them a bit by putting them into secondary themed playlists, and also break up runs of songs from the same game, and otherwise pair things up in a sensible fashion.

5 hours ago, Drachefly said:

I'm going through my video game music list and trying to demote things from the second tier, which is a bit fat; and also categorize them a bit by putting them into secondary themed playlists, and also break up runs of songs from the same game, and otherwise pair things up in a sensible fashion.

I hope you haven't put my stuff on your second tier or lower. ^_^

What have you written, Prof. Tomoe? Most of my stuff is OC Remixes of older stuff, so assuming you're writing actual game soundtracks, I probably haven't got it

Here's the beginning of the top tier (153 in all, I show first 34) (unless marked as OST or another source, all are OC Remixes):

Devil's Advocate  - Touhou (a pretty straight remix neatening up U.N. Owen was Her)
Thanks for Dinner - Uru
FML (If I Could Drift Away) - Gitaroo Man
The Shredder - TMNT 4
Mute Radiology - F-Zero
Trauermarsch (Last Dungeon) - Balance and Ruin album - FF6 <- hilarious if you know your Mahler
Livin' Large! - the imaginary game Cheetahmen II
Magnet Man Goes West - Mega Man 3
Lavos Battle dnBoss - Chrono Trigger
Planet Red Alert - The Precursors Remix Pack for The Ur-Quan Masters
Fierce Battle - FF6 OST
Orbit 1 - The Precursors Remix Pack for The Ur-Quan Masters
Voices Broken - F-Zero
GAUNTLET!! - (one guess)
House Leaves - Crystalis
Pharoah Land - Lifeforce
The Unbroken - Cave Story
Spoiled R0TT3N - Super Meat Boy
When All Hope Has Faded - Chrono Trigger
Dancing Madly (First Form) - FF6
Cleansing Required - The Precursors Remix Pack for The Ur-Quan Masters
Dancing Madly (Second Form) - FF6
Nirvana - Earthbound
Team Making - FFT OST
Space Grind - Delta
Thin Glow - Stunt Race FX
Reich Lake - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Oppression - Cave Story OST
Epitaph - FF6 OST

Edited by Drachefly

3 hours ago, Drachefly said:

What have you written, Prof. Tomoe? Most of my stuff is OC Remixes of older stuff, so assuming you're writing actual game soundtracks, I probably haven't got it

Yeah, I didn't see my stuff on that list. I wrote music for the following games:

• Rise of the Triad
  • Duke Nukem 3D (Original, Atomic Edition, and 20th Anniversary World Tour)
  • Stargunner
  • Shadow Warrior (the 1997 original)

You might have run across them somewhere, I hope.  ^_^