• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

3 hours ago, Drachefly said:

Where do you recommend I get them?

Depends on what you're looking for. They're all over YouTube. Go to my website for links:

https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/music/

If you're looking for MP3s, OGGs, or FLACs, hmm. I'm not exactly sure where you'd be able to get all of them. Some of them are going to be available shortly after April, I hope.

My youngest brother is in middle school band, playing percussion. I'm at my old high school waiting for the concert to start. His school plays first, so they get to practice in the auditorium. They're doing warm-ups and rehearsals right now. 

So it seems like all three of us are musicians. I play piano sometimes, the middle brother played saxophone, and the youngest plays percussion. We could start a family jazz band! ...probably won't, but still. 

My upstairs neighbors.  They are not normally awake this time of day, but they are doing something that is making all sorts of noise and going up and down the stairs.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

My upstairs neighbors.  They are not normally awake this time of day, but they are doing something that is making all sorts of noise and going up and down the stairs.

Well, I'd never considered that a viable position before, but they must have worked out something new. To each their own ...

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Well, I'd never considered that a viable position before, but they must have worked out something new. To each their own ...

Not that kind of noise. I almost put that in the post.  Looks like I should have.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:08 AM, mlooney said:

Not that kind of noise. I almost put that in the post.  Looks like I should have.

See, I would have gone with the "all sorts of noises" part.  It's hard to play bongo drums while riding a tractor and running fingers across the blackboard all at the same time, let alone while keeping the slinkies going down the stairs and the African Grey parrot in tune with the boys choir....

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

It's hard to play bongo drums while riding a tractor and running fingers across the blackboard all at the same time, let alone while keeping the slinkies going down the stairs and the African Grey parrot in tune with the boys choir

Other than the parrot part, that sounds really close.  And it would be an electric tractor, based on the noise.  Might have just been their garbage disposal unit.

8 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

while keeping ...the African Grey parrot in tune with the boys choir....

Parrots are well known Divas.  And the African Grey is the ultimate Prima Donna.  If it weren't for the feathers, they would be cats.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Parrots are well known Divas.  And the African Grey is the ultimate Prima Donna.  If it weren't for the feathers, they would be cats.

Except for cockatoos, who would be bichon frise dogs.  Very sweet little white things that want to be held and petted 24/7 and get neurotic if they can't be.  ;-)

Hearing one very spoiled outdoor colony cat (who really isn't feral) meow incessantly for attention outside our front door. While common behavior for this cat, whom we've named Loudmouth due to the volume and duration of his meowing, it's odd for a colony cat, because the colony feeding area is in the backyard. For some reason, Loudmouth's decided that he wants extra treats and attention at any hour of the night, and he wants them on the front doorstep.

We let Loudmouth inside as a test once. He took to the house instantly, so it was obvious that he was once someone's pet. Unfortunately, he was also an alpha male, despite being neutered—he tried to bully our indoor cat. That brought that experiment to a hasty conclusion.

31 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

We let Loudmouth inside as a test once. He took to the house instantly, so it was obvious that he was once someone's pet. Unfortunately, he was also an alpha male, despite being neutered—he tried to bully our indoor cat. That brought that experiment to a hasty conclusion.

Sounds like a good candidate to be put up for adoption with someone who only wants one cat at a time.

I don't know. He's claimed us. I don't know what would happen if we tried to take him out of what has really become his home. We keep him fed and monthly-flea-treated. He's happy. He's just spoiled.

Besides, you'd have to ask Mrs. Prof what his age might be. He might be too old to rehome. Besides, she's perfectly happy to spoil him rotten. I'm the only one who rolls his eyes when he starts his monotone meowing. ^_^

Sorry, had to leave for a minute. My inside cat jumped up on the sofa with me and started his loud purr fest. That means one of two things: 1) mischief 2) feed me freeze-dried chicken treats. Today, it meant the latter.

I'm listening to my music collect on random play.  I forget how many political band and songs I have. And how my views have gotten more nuanced over the years.

The Warning is proof that you can write and sing heart felt songs about things you haven't personally felt.  And it not sound trite.  The fact that Daniela doesn't sound like a 16 year old help.  She sounds like a little more metal Meredith Brooks. Paulina does sound the teen that she is.  This is an upgrade from pop singers writing songs about their ex boyfriend and other things from their life experience.  Let's face it, it's not necessary for you to have done something to write a song about it.  Mr. Cash never killed a man in Reno, for example.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

The Warning is proof that you can write and sing heart felt songs about things you haven't personally felt

I dunno, that recent video of theirs that you linked seems like something they personally felt, teens seeing the world where everyone's eyes are glued to their smartphones and such.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I dunno, that recent video of theirs that you linked seems like something they personally felt, teens seeing the world where everyone's eyes are glued to their smartphones and such.

Some of the rest of that album is more what I had in mind.  The content really doesn't jive with the declared history.

Just now, mlooney said:

Some of the rest of that album is more what I had in mind.  The content really doesn't jive with the declared history.

True, but it is pretty common for that. I mean Brian Adams sang about the summer of 69, but he was 10 years when he supposedly had a band, worked at a drive in, and being in love with a girl. Being in a band at 10 might not sound as farfetched now, but in 1969 it would have been an anomaly probably.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

The Warning is proof that you can write and sing heart felt songs about things you haven't personally felt.  And it not sound trite.

You mean that Michael Bundesen from Shu-Bi-Dua didn't actually rob banks, fight in heroic Viking battle a thousand years ago and that he wasn't a superhero? I have been fibbed to :(

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

You mean that Michael Bundesen from Shu-Bi-Dua didn't actually rob banks, fight in heroic Viking battle a thousand years ago and that he wasn't a superhero? I have been fibbed to :(

And I've never tied a blue silk ribbon, or discovered a very busy chandler, or blackmailed a bosun, or gone hunting the bonnie black hare, or asked the miller's son to help find something precious....

I guess that last one adds Darlin' Tom to Good Tom and Bad Tom....  >;-)