• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

40 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hairballs or Pea Soup.

Which one is really worse?

Oh, man. We gave him his monthly flea-ear mite-worm-whatever treatment yesterday. It's in the form of a gel that you put between their shoulders, where they can't scratch it or lick it. Well, Mrs. Prof must have missed this zone by just a tad, because he went over to the water fountain and started sucking down water as fast as he could before running off down the hallway. Next thing I heard was a "splat!" sound like a bucket of water hitting the ground, not your usual cat hairball or horking sound. He'd gone and just projectiled everything that was in his stomach. Not as bad as a hairball, but much more dramatic. ;)

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Oh, man. We gave him his monthly flea-ear mite-worm-whatever treatment yesterday. It's in the form of a gel that you put between their shoulders, where they can't scratch it or lick it. Well, Mrs. Prof must have missed this zone by just a tad, because he went over to the water fountain and started sucking down water as fast as he could before running off down the hallway. Next thing I heard was a "splat!" sound like a bucket of water hitting the ground, not your usual cat hairball or horking sound. He'd gone and just projectiled everything that was in his stomach. Not as bad as a hairball, but much more dramatic. ;)

Sounds like Revolution.  It's my favorite for cats because of its broad spectrum of protection (including heartworms!), but if you don't get it up on the back of the neck where they can't lick it, apparently it tastes terrible and the kitties can end up drooling like crazy.  Upset stomach might possibly be just a plain old side effect, or it could be the poor thing tasted a little and was smart enough to dilute it.  ;-)

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought cats could rotate their heads a full 360O

That's just those cats that DO need an exorcism.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought cats could rotate their heads a full 360O

They can turn quite a ways to either side, giving full coverage, but they can't go from dead center, through 360°, all the way back to dead center.  And to lick between their shoulder blades, they're doing more than just rotating their necks, they're twisting and bending in other ways too.  The back of their necks is too close to the back of their heads for the tongue on the front of their heads to reach it no matter how they bend and twist.

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Much use was made of the "Amen break" in this song.

It's "come on and break." except for the first instance it was "go on and break"

4 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

No, no, I mean the musical element called the "Amen break" ...

Further info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen_break

ahh yeah, I remember in Grade 6, our teacher had us listen to the song a number of times and taught us about it's heavy use of sampling, I didn't remember where the samples came from if he had even mentioned it at all.

"The Appropriaton of Cultures", an excellent short story by Percival Everett which I first heard read aloud on public radio years ago.  At the time, I went hunting for it but couldn't figure out what show it had been on and couldn't find it anywhere.  This time, Google came through first try!

I am so making this into an "Edge of Imperial Space" Adventure.

Actually, I'm thinking of doing a set of adventures based on various rock songs.  Suggestions are open.