• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

I have no idea how I got to this video, but...

"Yakko's World", a slightly inaccurate list of nations as of 1993, sung by one of the Animaniacs.

Yakko's voice actor Rob Paulsen can sing this from memory even twenty-plus years later. And yes, they did eventually make a new verse with the new nations.

Back when Susan the cat was David and April's cat she would come out of hiding to listen to Rosemary play the piano. A few weeks ago she came out of hiding to listen to AC/DC. Today I've had my Chromebook playing random music from my MP3 collection. Based on how Susan has been acting and where she has been sitting most of the day I have come to the idea that she just likes music.

That being said, The goddess of random numbers really like Meatloaf. Just based on what she has served up today on my random play list.

Who here's played any F-Zero game? Remember the music for the Big Blue course?

Well, here's how Mario Kart 8 tackled that.

For most Mario Kart music, the final lap has the track's normal music upped in tempo and shifted up a half-step. For this one, instead we get an epic sax/guitar duel. I'd say it fits better.

My friend, on the other hand, isn't a fan of a saxophone in F-Zero music.

From another Rooster Teeth production comes the Camp Camp Theme Song Song.

(note: the theme song is clean, but if you wanna watch the show itself, profanity warning)

Happy Calling Birds day! Or some sort of bird starting with C, to include Colly, Canary, Collie and colored. Of course a select number of people should have a great Ducks Quacking Day!

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Happy Calling Birds day! Or some sort of bird starting with C, to include Colly, Canary, Collie and colored. Of course a select number of people should have a great Ducks Quacking Day!

And tomorrow we should have FIVE GOOOOLD RINGS?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

And tomorrow we should have FIVE GOOOOLD RINGS?

Which I've seen interpreted as anything from onion rings to curtain rod rings....

Darn it, now I want onion rings.  The good kind, nothing I can get right now.  :-P

My approach to colds for years has been that at the first sniffle I eat something like chicken noodle soup with hot sauce, take cold medicines, then crawl in bed with extra blankets and pretty much stay there for a day.

Usually - not always - I have one-day colds.

31 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

My approach to colds for years has been that at the first sniffle I eat something like chicken noodle soup with hot sauce, take cold medicines, then crawl in bed with extra blankets and pretty much stay there for a day.

Usually - not always - I have one-day colds.

I was about to advise that she do exactly something like that but Don Edwards beat me to it. This is a good strategy. I highly recommend it.

Mrs. Prof is one of those people whose choice to take sick leave is dictated by workload. If she's got stuff to do, she'll grump her way through it, sick or not. Either that or, if she's got nothing to do, she'll steal the remote, put it on Law and Order: SVU (I hate that show and she knows it), and mope for the day on the sofa.

If I can, extra sleep is my favorite treatment too.  Unfortunately, as one of two doctors on duty, if I have to cancel appointments on a busy day, the practice's income is effectively cut in half.  As a small business, we just can't afford that too often.  I doubt many clients realize how much stuff like buying heartworm meds online has cut into their veterinarian's living.  So, if there are few enough appointments that they can be consolidated to one vet, I might ask if we can do that and let me go home early or take a long lunch for a nap, but unless I'm really sick and just can't do the job, I'm not going to call in completely.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

she'll steal the remote, put it on Law and Order: SVU

One of my wife's and my favourite TV moments ever occurred when a hapless TV announcer stated that coming up next was Law and Order: SUV. First we imagined the howl of laughter the poor woman must have faced from the technical staff in the studio. Then we started to discuss what the show might be about. We agreed that it was about police officers and legal staff driving fancy SUVs and only deigning to investigate SUV-related crimes. The climactic trial would always end with a dramatic speech in which the lawyer demonstrated that the SUV of the accused was inferior to the models employed by the police and the plaintiff.

Have a happy Golden Rings day!

Unless you are the type that says "And so on" starting tomorrow, in which case have a great Hares running day!

Have a wonderful Swans a swimming day. Unless you have Squabs swimming, Not sure what to say about that, but have a great day with the swimming birds regardless.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Have a wonderful Swans a swimming day. Unless you have Squabs swimming, Not sure what to say about that, but have a great day with the swimming birds regardless.

Squabs do not swim well.