• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

"What It Shall Be" now has a high-resolution 96KHz/24-bit download available on Bandcamp! Grab it for $1 at this address:

https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com/track/what-it-shall-be-96khz-24bit-version

EDIT: Got my first listener review...

Fantastic "in the box" fusion track. Also very well balanced. You can't really tell it's all from a synth! (seriously, that's not a real guitar?!)

Lots of Blue Oyster Cult.

Like a lot of bands, some songs make more sense if you know the back story.  For example "You're not the one (I was looking for)" makes much more sense once you understand it's about their manager, not a girlfriend.

How to Train Your Dragon OST.

Keep your Star Wars and your Pirates of the Caribbean and all the rest. This is flat out the best movie soundtrack I've ever heard.

I've never played Persona 5, and I don't have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate yet, but damn if "Last Surprise" isn't catchy.

Lyrics, if the ones in the video are hard to read:

You try to run me through
Hold on
Think again
Don't you know
What you're starting
But... you sure ain't got a clue
How bad
This will go
Don't you know
Know my art
(Art of war)

And as you look to the horizon
Not a cloud
But then stormy weather's caught you cold
Seems like it crept up out of nowhere
All around
You it's not quite what you foretold

You'll never see it coming!
You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes
You're done in!
By the time it's hit you, your last surprise

Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo

You think you got your game
Planned out
To a T.
Yet I'm two
Steps ahead yeah
So... you step into my way
Stand down
It's a trap
One more step
And you're dead
(Yeah you're dead)

Why just a picosecond ago
Clear blue skies
But now lightning's struck your last resolve
It's not an accident that no one
Hears your cries
As your last strength seems to dissolve

You're done in!
I'm coming
For you
My games always so fast, so fine
You're spun in
By the net you didn't catch it in time

Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo

Better think
About your game
Are you sure
Your next move's the right one for you?
Are you sure
You won't get out maneuvered again
and again my friend?

You're done in!
I'm coming
For you
My games always so fast, so fine
You're spun in
By the net you didn't catch it in time

Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo
Oooohoohoo

Kinda nervous about this one. I've just submitted my latest single for Grammy consideration:

It's in the Record of the Year and Best Instrumental Composition categories. Probably has a snowball's chance in hell of getting nominated, but it was worth the try.

In an odd twist of fate, I've heard Rod Stewart's Maggie May twice today.  Can't say when I heard it before today, but it played on the radio while I was at the drug store and then on my ride back home roughly an hour later it came on again on another radio station.

On 1/6/2020 at 0:59 PM, mlooney said:

In an odd twist of fate, I've heard Rod Stewart's Maggie May twice today.  Can't say when I heard it before today, but it played on the radio while I was at the drug store and then on my ride back home roughly an hour later it came on again on another radio station.

Quoting the Wiki article:

The song was released as the B-side of the single "Reason to Believe", but soon radio stations began playing the B-side and "Maggie May" became the more popular side.

I now have 8 songs complete out of a 10-song-long second album, and I could use some help in deciding on a title. My first album's title was Calibrations. I'd like to stick to that theme, so I've got two candidates for my second album's title:

1. Derivations
  2. Derivatives

Which one do you like best - number one or number two? I'm sorry, but no sneak peeks at the album contents. :tongue: Thank you!

Note: There's a high probability that someone has already used option number two as their album title before me. Just saying.

Another vote for Derivations; it emphasizes the theme by sounding similar.

By the way, I've really enjoyed your previous work, and am looking forward to the new album!

Guessing what the next few album titles might be...

Equations

Incantations

Justifications

Libations

Mitigations

(I also thought of one you'd probably want to avoid, but if you're working in alphabetic order you're already past it.)

I have finished mastering Derivations and am in the process of having a CD cover designed. I've got a couple of other things I've got to wait for before I can release the CD, like toe amputation surgery and so on. In the meanwhile, I'm going to release a digital single in the upcoming weeks. Would anyone here be interested in nabbing a copy?

54 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have finished mastering Derivations and am in the process of having a CD cover designed. I've got a couple of other things I've got to wait for before I can release the CD, like toe amputation surgery and so on. In the meanwhile, I'm going to release a digital single in the upcoming weeks. Would anyone here be interested in nabbing a copy?

I would. :)