• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

My second album, Derivations, has been submitted to CD Baby for digital distribution and physical duplication! I did the uploads yesterday.

Right now, the scheduled release date is June 5th. However, if you have iTunes, you can pre-order the album on May 22nd and get an "instant gratification" track to listen to until the full album comes out. The album will be automatically deposited in your account on the release date.

Please spread the word, if you can! Derivations, June 5th!

I've been spending the afternoon listening to the 1962 Indianapolis 500. Been napping occasionally while it's been playing. Quite interesting - the race only takes a couple of hours in modern times, at speeds approaching 230 mph. This broadcast is scheduled to run 4 hours, with speeds between 140-150 mph. The cars sound so different, too, as do the broadcasters - they're so much less chatty and less improvisational than current race callers.

6 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I've been spending the afternoon listening to the 1962 Indianapolis 500.

The great Wiki says Rodger Ward won. Sorry if that is a spoiler for you.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

The great Wiki says Rodger Ward won. Sorry if that is a spoiler for you.

Nah, I hit the Wiki to find out how A.J. Foyt fared before Mr. Hulman uttered, "Gentlemen, start your engines."

Since you are my friends, and since I trust you will not spread this beyond the bounds of this forum, I would like to share with you the following:

https://leejackson.hearnow.com/derivations

A sneak preview of the tracks from my second album, Derivations. They're only brief preview snippets, but they'll give you some idea of what the album is like. I hope you enjoy them.

Release date is June 5th, on streaming, digital, Bandcamp (high-res), and if CD Baby's warehouse reopens, on CD.

Here's something rare - a chance to hear yours truly actually perform on an instrument. Way back in 1984, I was part of the mallet percussion ensemble of the Houston Nighthawk Drum & Bugle Corps. Unlike today's massive pit percussion sections where people multitask, we were a 4-person section playing one instrument each, consisting of a vibraphone, a marimba, a xylophone, and a glockenspiel (a.k.a. a set of orchestra bells).

What I offer here is an MP3 recording of a section rehearsal from the early part of our tour of the southern United States from 1984. I played the bells in it, which you can hear if you listen to the highest-pitched parts of the ensemble, as well as to the melodic line in most places.

A note about the compositions: I wrote the mallet parts for the first piece and contributed to the mallet parts for the second piece.

There are two voices on the recording. The first voice you will hear is me, introducing the ensemble and recording the date and location of the recording. I also introduce the last piece we play, using a rather silly voice (I was shouting to the tape recorder from a distance).

Please feel free to download and keep a copy of the MP3 as a memento of a drum & bugle corps that died a sad, cruel death. I hope you enjoy the recording as much as I did performing the part.

http://www.lbjackson.com/demo/NighthawksMallets1984.mp3

The CDs for my album, Derivations, are loaded onto a UPS truck and are headed to my house as I type this. I'm tracking the truck in realtime on UPS's website. It's tantalizingly close. By the end of the day, my second CD will be in my grubby mitts. I can't wait!

27 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The official video medley trailer for Derivations is up on YouTube now! Please give it a listen/look-see:

Sound good..  

My first Derivations disc has been delivered to its new owner, according to the United States Postal Service. Someone offered an outrageous sum (I won't say how much, but it's more than $199.99) for the "honor" of receiving the first disc shipped. How could I turn that down? I autographed it for him and gave him said "honor," plus I shipped it before the official shipping date. I hope he's not disappointed.

51 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

My first Derivations disc has been delivered to its new owner, according to the United States Postal Service. Someone offered an outrageous sum (I won't say how much, but it's more than $199.99) for the "honor" of receiving the first disc shipped. How could I turn that down? I autographed it for him and gave him said "honor," plus I shipped it before the official shipping date. I hope he's not disappointed.

Good Job! 

I've been hyping the upcoming pre-release sale on iTunes of my new album, Derivations, which begins this Friday the 22nd. Shiat is about to get very real, folks.

Seriously, if you're on iTunes and if you buy the album before the official release date (June 5th), you'll get early access to the first song on the album, "CyberFlight."

Also happening Friday: I'm officially unveiling the Hearnow website that I let you folks in on earlier.

More info, including info on CD availability (as in "will they be available?") in my new blog post.

I posted the above on Facebook, then boosted the post with a "Shop Now" button added. The ad just started running, and already 11 people have clicked on the button. If every one of those equates to a purchase, at $9.49 a copy, that's $104.39 already. I won't see all of that if it's true, since CD Baby and Visa/MC/whatever take their cut, but it's a nice start for an ad that's scheduled to run for 3 days in the USA and Europe.

I hope.

It's finally happened - my album, Derivations, has dropped, at least for digital and streaming sales! You can get it at Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Derivations-Lee-Jackson/dp/B087ZLHH23), Apple Music/iTunes (https://music.apple.com/us/album/derivations/1510247826), and in high-resolution 96KHz/24-bit format with bonus art at Bandlab (https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com/album/derivations). All of this for $10 or less! Please grab a copy today!