• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

On the other hand, the Elder Gods may be more likely to show up on time than a repair man service technician.

Their schedule is kinda vague, though. Precisely when are the stars right? Your astronomers got any idea of that, Pharaoh?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Their schedule is kinda vague, though. Precisely when are the stars right? Your astronomers got any idea of that, Pharaoh?

Or, for certain of the elder gods, precisely when are the stars?

Christopher Robin was slain on the altar,
Where shadows of Innsmouth run deep.
Pooh didn’t hesitate, Pooh didn’t falter,
His master’s in Rl’yeh asleep.
And I'm only a kid, I don't know what he’s doin’,
Let alone why the Great Old Ones want a stuffed bruin.

Help me if you can, I’ve got to stop
Pooh from reviving Cthulhu by one,
You’d be surprised, there’s so much to be done,
Circles to summon and bind,
Color them inside the lines,
Stop the cloth golem we all know as Winnie the Pooh….

-Tune by Kenny Loggins, lyrics by Tom Smith

My upstairs neighbors either doing slow Irish clog dancing or fairly fast sex. Just hearing thumping without any vocals so I can't rightly say one way or another.

Also not sure if this should go here or in the things that irritate you thread.

Something, and it's not Ashley, is scrapping at the wall of my closet and dropping what sounds like a marble.  I could be wrong but I think my dishwasher summoned a small god instead of an elder one.

Also sounds like someone is making very slow saw cuts evey minute or so. TBH it's freaking both me and Ashley out just a hair.

Freaking edit mode.

To be clear, what ever it is is on the other side of the wall, at least right now. Ashley has decided to go hang out on the computer desk, which happens to be the farthest you can get in this apartment from the noise. Don't rightly blame her.

I was recently at a poorly staged performance of Carmen, and even never having seen this episode, I was thinking about it. Members of my family may have sung it repeatedly in my youth.

I'm listening to The Beekeeper's Apprentice in one room, and No Doubt in the other room.

My cat living up to her nickname, "The Cat of Variable Speed".   She is going to run around the living area for about 10 more minutes then go to sleep for a couple of hours.  That is assuming she does the same thing as she has done for the last three years or so.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

My cat living up to her nickname, "The Cat of Variable Speed".   She is going to run around the living area for about 10 more minutes then go to sleep for a couple of hours.  That is assuming she does the same thing as she has done for the last three years or so.

Ah yes. Cats. This is something I've seen so many cats do. My own cats when they were young did just that. They'd gallop frantically around for a while, then get into a massive kitfight with each other, and two minutes later they would be fast asleep on top of one another.

Later, they got more calm and staid, especially the male. My wife used to say of him then that he had two speeds, Stop and Neutral.

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah yes. Cats. This is something I've seen so many cats do. My own cats when they were young did just that. They'd gallop frantically around for a while, then get into a massive kitfight with each other, and two minutes later they would be fast asleep on top of one another.

Later, they got more calm and staid, especially the male. My wife used to say of him then that he had two speeds, Stop and Neutral.

Ashley (my cat) is at least 11 years old.  We got her as a adult stray.  It just been in the last 5 or so years that she has done the charge about then sleep thing.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Ashley (my cat) is at least 11 years old.  We got her as a adult stray.  It just been in the last 5 or so years that she has done the charge about then sleep thing.

We have a cat at the hotel I work at, 13 years old. Was living in my boss' house for a few years till he started marking his territory and pestering the dog so he was kicked out to the workshop out back. The past winter he lost a lot of weight and was just not very active despite eating everything he was given, turned out he developed diabetes  and had to be put on a special diet and medication. Within a few weeks he perked right up and for the past few weeks he'd been catching chipmunks and mice, I've told him the squirrels are off-limits. :)

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We have a cat at the hotel I work at, 13 years old. Was living in my boss' house for a few years till he started marking his territory and pestering the dog so he was kicked out to the workshop out back. The past winter he lost a lot of weight and was just not very active despite eating everything he was given, turned out he developed diabetes  and had to be put on a special diet and medication. Within a few weeks he perked right up and for the past few weeks he'd been catching chipmunks and mice, I've told him the squirrels are off-limits. :)

I love how often this happens.  Cats that people used to write off as "He's just getting old" now get diagnosed and treated, and live for years longer!  And if you catch diabetes early enough, and give them the right diet and insulin, cats have a pretty good chance of going into remission and not needing the insulin anymore.