• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

What Are You Listening To?

Verity!, an all-women Doctor Who podcast (named in honor of the original producer of the show).  They've decided on a theme of Firsts for this year, and thus are reviewing both first episodes, old series and new.  It's great hearing the breadth of perspectives on "Rose" and what everyone thought of the idea of a revival of the series at the time.  The sort-of-companion-podcast Radio Free Skaro (which is all guys) often makes for a good contrast to this one, but I haven't caught up yet to learn what the boys have planned for the season off.

One of my favorite review quotes ever came from a Verity! episode, describing Clara's influence on the Doctor.  Something along the lines of, "Donna showed how sometimes, the Doctor needs someone to tell him when to stop.  Clara has taken the brakes off and is going WHEEEEE!!!!"

Currently listening to Rise Against's Endgame album. Great band.

3 hours ago, CritterKeepe said:

Verity!, an all-women Doctor Who podcast (named in honor of the original producer of the show).  They've decided on a theme of Firsts for this year, and thus are reviewing both first episodes, old series and new.  It's great hearing the breadth of perspectives on "Rose" and what everyone thought of the idea of a revival of the series at the time.  The sort-of-companion-podcast Radio Free Skaro (which is all guys) often makes for a good contrast to this one, but I haven't caught up yet to learn what the boys have planned for the season off.

One of my favorite review quotes ever came from a Verity! episode, describing Clara's influence on the Doctor.  Something along the lines of, "Donna showed how sometimes, the Doctor needs someone to tell him when to stop.  Clara has taken the brakes off and is going WHEEEEE!!!!"

My girlfriend got me into Dr Who last year...and the only way I had of watching it was Netflix. This was also the only thing I got Netflix for as well. Now I get to cancel Netflix...but I don't get to watch Dr Who anymore. :/ Bit of a mixed feeling, there.

4 hours ago, Matoyak said:

My girlfriend got me into Dr Who last year...and the only way I had of watching it was Netflix. This was also the only thing I got Netflix for as well. Now I get to cancel Netflix...but I don't get to watch Dr Who anymore. :/ Bit of a mixed feeling, there.

Yeah, I was disappointed when Doctor Who left the streamers, too.  I've been told you can watch some of the episodes on the BBC America website, but I haven't really tried it out yet.  Guessing we should revive the Watching thread if we continue this....

I had bought four Big Finish Doctor Who stories at Chicago TARDIS last Nov, and got through two and a half of them over all my holiday driving, but I felt more like catching up on podcasts than re-starting the third story on this trip.  Started with the show about the Christmas episode and worked my way forward, but I think I'll go catch up with Radio Free Skaro and then alternate in broadcast order on the way back tomorrow. :-)

Currently listening to the UK vs. France women's Rugby 7s game - and the other 7s games being played today.  Just listening because I'm working on something - but Rugby 7s is an awesome game.

Agree

Rugby 7s has nearly all the intensity of the traditional ball games like Football, Fútbol, Ausie Football, or Rugby.   But the games are short enough that teams can play multiple games in a few days allowing for tournaments that last a weekend.  Not a month like the World Cup or half the year like the NFL.

I currently have "Butter Building" from Kirby's Adventure stuck in my head.

Actually, scratch that. It's "Megalovania" from Undertale. Again. It's been stuck there for like two weeks. Butter Building got rid of it for a bit, but I had to open the link in order to put it in this post, and the music started. And it's good music, so it's not like I'm not gonna listen. There are worse songs to be stuck with.

I currently have part of the soundtrack to "Grosse Point Blank" running through my head. Can't remember the title of the song, but it's played when Daddy is jogging and Martin comes along and saves him from Grocer.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The sound of my slightly ill wife sighing.

My sympathies to you both.  I spent an hour or so listening to myself groaning and quietly swearing and going "Ow ow ow ow ow!" tonight.  Thank you to the Mythbusters for giving evidence that it actually does help, so I didn't feel too silly or self-indulgent about it.

13 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

As opposed to you being here on the forums Prof? ;)

Why, never! I would not do such things, yes?

Good. Or these forums would end up being full of suspicious characters. And then I might actually have to work at being a moderator. And I hate to work. :P

Tales from the Borderlands soundtrack, and for good measure

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

And I hate to work. :P

Good sir, are you on your retirement?