• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 7/29/17 - Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce

ComicNumber678.png

Seems that Cannon, of all people, has stumbled onto Belt Boy's secret...! What grade or comment is on that test? What will he do with this information? Is "Sweet and sour dipping sauce" a good exclamation? Stay tuned, everyone?

While I'm trying to do better with drawing anatomy, I try to balance it out with style. In panel two, I let Gelatin Boy get a little off-model to showcase his rubbery-ness. He is made of gelatin, after all, so I tend to have a bit more fun with "squash and stretch" on him than any other character in the comic.

I love the fourth panel. The lighting, Cannon's facial expression, and (as I have often used in the past), those tiny words in a large word balloon to indicate a hushed, yet anxious tone. I wanted to give him some exclamation to say, and I knew it had to start with "Sweet" (Like any exclamation spoken by Hermes from Futurama). The first thing that popped into my mind was "sweet and sour dipping sauce", and so it went from there. I can't help but wonder if my idea was subconsciously inspired by Gravity Falls' Dipper "Lord Dippingsauce" Pines.