• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Sketchbook Tuesday April 5, 2016

I can't help but think I've seen either Grace in that outfit or Tedd in that outfit before in a sketchbook page, but I can't find it.

Oh yeah, derp, I guess it's not the exact same outfit, Grace's is more magenta than pink and has the bow (plus an acorn clip-thing) on the front instead of the back. And shows more skin.

Grace would make a good Magical Girl.  I wonder if we can get her into the Lunar Mariner's troop?

And as for Greg?  He was probably in some power-up sequence in which his steam powered equipment would increase the force of his martial arts attack exponentially.  Then as the power up was reaching the dramatic point, Grace walked over and used the pointy stick to knock out some valves and hoses.  This caused Greg's apparatus to violently decompress and blow him across the room.

Notice that Grace did not celebrate the win until she saw Greg getting up on his own.

17 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Greg doesn't look defeated so much as he looks confused.

I don't blame him.

Well, it wasn't said that Grace defeated him in physical combat (which, frankly, seems unlikely - she would have the strength but wouldn't be likely to use it). Maybe getting him confused WAS the defeat?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And as for Greg?  He was probably in some power-up sequence in which his steam powered equipment would increase the force of his martial arts attack exponentially.  Then as the power up was reaching the dramatic point, Grace walked over and used the pointy stick to knock out some valves and hoses.  This caused Greg's apparatus to violently decompress and blow him across the room.

Notice that Grace did not celebrate the win until she saw Greg getting up on his own.

... that might work.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace would make a good Magical Girl

Don't magical girls usually have ranged attacks?

Grace would definitely LIKE being magical girl, she has the personality for that, but her abilities don't match and she can't even use magic items.

Grace's Telekinesis could make a great ranged attack, IF she could learn to use it for offense, defense, levitation, and propulsion simultaneously.  Of course, she just beat up the guy who could best help her learn to do all that.

And don't get too hung up on the "magic" title.  Just because she can't use magic according to the strict definition the Verres family needs for professional purposes, she can still do things and produce effects that a mundane human might well call "magical".

Oh, and the "wand"? It may not be magical or even Uryuom. It might be an artifact from the knife-fighting space sharks.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace's Telekinesis could make a great ranged attack, IF she could learn to use it for offense, defense, levitation, and propulsion simultaneously.  Of course, she just beat up the guy who could best help her learn to do all that.

It's not like she killed him. The defeat might actually be part of her training.

But she would definitely need lot of training to be able to effectively use her telekinesis offensively. And even after that, she would still be more effective if using physical force (and claws).

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And don't get too hung up on the "magic" title.  Just because she can't use magic according to the strict definition the Verres family needs for professional purposes, she can still do things and produce effects that a mundane human might well call "magical".

The things she does are technically magic (I like that definition). Doesn't change the fact that her options are limited. Well ... ok, Tedd MIGHT be able to make a TF gun looking as wand, which would provide her with nice ranged attack, but that's ONLY thing we know about that she can use. Human magic is much more versatile.

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Oh, and the "wand"? It may not be magical or even Uryuom.

It might be just a toy.

Given how much of a cosplay fan Greg is, I would not be surprised if it was a prop and he told Grace that if she's going to wear a magical girl outfit then she needs the entire ensemble.

Guys, this is not canon. Anything is possible. This is probably an AU with steampunk-using humans and Grace is a princess from another dimension sent to Earth to train with her extremely powerful wand she inherited from her mother on her 14th birthday. :)

7 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Guys, this is not canon. Anything is possible. This is probably an AU with steampunk-using humans and Grace is a princess from another dimension sent to Earth to train with her extremely powerful wand she inherited from her mother on her 14th birthday. :)

She looks good for her age then. She would be what, 36 now? On the other hand, if she's magical girl, why not?

(If she's not Seyunolu, she's not Shade Tail alternate, but original Grace alternate.)