• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Wednesday, April 6, 2016

8 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

wouldn't that make the girls seyunolus? every seyunolu we've seen has had an afinity for shape-shifting, and ONLY shape-shifting. I'm not sure they even can get abilities not related to that.

hammer thing and magic weapon thing would contradict that, wouldn't they?

Given that Noah is also a seyunolu (albeit second generation), has more "traditional" magical abilities, doesn't appear to have any shape-shifting abilities (I'm fairly certain that the "shadow guy form" is little more than a costume change), and this page make it somewhat plausible, if a little bit far-fetched.

51 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

wouldn't that make the girls seyunolus? every seyunolu we've seen has had an afinity for shape-shifting, and ONLY shape-shifting. I'm not sure they even can get abilities not related to that.

Seynoulu are an uryoum thing.  It's the result using an uryoum egg to make a genetic stew.  Lesser Seynoulu can have limited shapeshifting between genetic components, Greater Seynoulu had Uryuom genetics in the mix and can shapeshift much more freely, especially once zapped with a TF Gun.

We have no evidence that Raven has any Uryouom in his background though it's not impossible, I suppose.  We do know Raven is a half-Immortal.  If Raven is a component in Susan's and Diane's genes, whether by magic or Uryouom egg (assume 2 parents here), they're 1/4 Immortal and Pandora's grandchildren.

Raven, like all half-Immortals (elves) cannot have children normally, but nothing short of time travel is known to be impossible for magic...

39 minutes ago, Arcanimus said:

I remember reading it in the old Word of Dan thread, IIRC. Given that he has antennae (normally hidden as his ponytail) it isn't too far-fetched.

If we go back to Ellen's Second Life, we know that Archie was a second-gen Seynoulu with back-of-the-head antennae.  We're also told those are rare.  There's a persistent belief (I share it) that Noah is Archie's dimensional equivalent in our world.  Both have light-colored back-of-the-head antennae...  

Given that we know Grace has no earth-magic at all and Noah does but has not shapeshifted (that we've seen), I'd guess that Noah somehow traded the uruom "magic" that would drive shapeshifting abilities for earth magic.  Remember he tried just about every fast route to power to get revenge on Damien for killing his parents.  One route obviously worked.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1654

This one follows up Nanase going over the reasoning, it's safe to assume that Susan told Nanase everything about her ecounter with Jerry considering Nanase is covered by Jerry's promise. Probably like "So you remember our thing back in France where the two Immortals gave us our magic and had us fight the aberration then buggered off? Well Jerry felt they shouldn't have done that so to make up for it he's promised to help us from time to time."

4 hours ago, Purple Smart said:

Now things are getting really interesting. Of course, most of us already saw this coming, but it's good to see that Nanase has the same idea. It also makes perfect sense. Since Susan's mother divorced Susan's father, she had become a single mother and probably just couldn't care for two children. So she had to make the tough choice of putting one of her daughters up for adoption.

Er... that presupposes that Susan would be able to remember her father's betrayal but not the fact that she has a twin sister. I can't get that to work.

25 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1654

This one follows up Nanase going over the reasoning, it's safe to assume that Susan told Nanase everything about her ecounter with Jerry considering Nanase is covered by Jerry's promise. Probably like "So you remember our thing back in France where the two Immortals gave us our magic and had us fight the aberration then buggered off? Well Jerry felt they shouldn't have done that so to make up for it he's promised to help us from time to time."

Thanks for the memory refresh. :)

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
4 hours ago, Purple Smart said:

Now things are getting really interesting. Of course, most of us already saw this coming, but it's good to see that Nanase has the same idea. It also makes perfect sense. Since Susan's mother divorced Susan's father, she had become a single mother and probably just couldn't care for two children. So she had to make the tough choice of putting one of her daughters up for adoption.

Er... that presupposes that Susan would be able to remember her father's betrayal but not the fact that she has a twin sister. I can't get that to work.

Yeah, the best explaination was the adoption would have happened just shortly after birth. If Susan's dad is her biological father then he probably only agreed to adopt one of the twins and the other was adopted by the same couple that adopted Rhea. I kinda wonder if Mrs Pompoms was even capable of having children. Maybe she had asked Mr Pompoms about the possibility of adopting someday and when Mr Pompoms' got his mistress pregnant it would have been easy to say yes to adopting, especially if the mistress didn't want to keep the children in the first place.

Yep, Susan's mother certainly has some explaining to do. Even if she doesn't know everything, Susan and Diane are smart, I'm sure they could figure out all the missing pieces of the puzzle together if they wanted to. However, that's just it, I'm not sure if they would even want to learn more about their real parents. Susan hasn't seen her father since she was a kid and if she figures out that his mistress was actually her biological mother, there's no telling how she will take it. Besides, the only thing that matters right now is getting the sisters to meet and then trained to hunt vampires by Greg, Raven or Edward. If they're not unhappy with their current families, then I think looking for their parents can wait.

...Unless of course the girls' father/mother happens to be a powerful vampire hunter him/herself and will come back to Moperville only to find his/her daughters doing his/her job. Boy, wouldn't that be an awkward family reunion.

5 hours ago, Purple Smart said:

Now things are getting really interesting. Of course, most of us already saw this coming, but it's good to see that Nanase has the same idea. It also makes perfect sense. Since Susan's mother divorced Susan's father, she had become a single mother and probably just couldn't care for two children. So she had to make the tough choice of putting one of her daughters up for adoption. I wonder how Diane and Susan will react to this. They probably will refuse to believe it at first. Is there any way of actually proving this? I'm not sure if Susan's mother is still able to recognize Diane after all this time. Well, in any case, I hope their reunion will go well.

Didn't she divorce him after the incident were Susan caught him cheating? If Diane got put up for adoption at that point, they should both remember it.

4 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Grace's brothers are purely human/animal hybrids right? I'm pretty sure Grace, the Uryuoms, and seyunolu with Uryuom blood can't get other magic, but is there any reason to think that seyunolu without Uryuom blood can't?

It's possible for (lesser?) seylunolu without Uryuom blood, that the shapeshifting acts like a spell, and they can awaken and get other spells

56 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Grace's brothers are purely human/animal hybrids right? I'm pretty sure Grace, the Uryuoms, and seyunolu with Uryuom blood can't get other magic, but is there any reason to think that seyunolu without Uryuom blood can't?

It's possible for (lesser?) seylunolu without Uryuom blood, that the shapeshifting acts like a spell, and they can awaken and get other spells

The fact that Noah has antennae, there'd have to be some Uryoum DNA in him, so I'm thinking that either it is possible for Seyunolus to acquire the ability to harness Earth based magic alongside Uryuom based abilities, ie: they have 2 separate energy reserves they can draw from, OR, they've learned to mimic Earth based magic using a combination of telekinesis and shapeshifting, this might be more rare and could require specific DNA combinations. Noah might not be your average Seyunolu, just as Grace isn't.

16 hours ago, WR...S said:

Hey, I grew up with Claremont and came of age with Sluggy Freelance.

I used to read Sluggy, but when I got to the comic where the clown flies off hanging from a ladder from a helicopter, I realized that I had no idea what was going on and hadn't for some time. I quit.

5 hours ago, Arcanimus said:

I'm still holding out for my theory that there's an Uryuom egg and Sir Raven's DNA involved in Susan and Diane's birth.

I don't think El Shive was just messing with us when Grace's disguise looked so much like Susan. I believe your expectation of U-egg involvement in Diane and Susan's birth is going to pan out. I also still believe that Noah is Tedd's half-brother through Uryuom egg.

As for Elliot dreading talking to Edward, that is a small problem compared to the mob scene that is going to be at his house now that he's been outed as Cheerleadra. In his situation, I'd give strong consideration to begging Edward to crash for the night on the couch in his basement.

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The fact that Noah has antennae, there'd have to be some Uryoum DNA in him, so I'm thinking that either it is possible for Seyunolus to acquire the ability to harness Earth based magic alongside Uryuom based abilities, ie: they have 2 separate energy reserves they can draw from, OR, they've learned to mimic Earth based magic using a combination of telekinesis and shapeshifting, this might be more rare and could require specific DNA combinations. Noah might not be your average Seyunolu, just as Grace isn't.

That's a good point. Much of what Noah was doing could arguably be trained telekinesis, but there were some odd things, like the deepened shadows and the glowy note thing, that can't by as easily explained that way

24 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I don't think El Shive was just messing with us when Grace's disguise looked so much like Susan. I believe your expectation of U-egg involvement in Diane and Susan's birth is going to pan out. I also still believe that Noah is Tedd's half-brother through Uryuom egg.

It's possible. My question for that would be who the human parent was (or if we're even sure they're human).

If the woman that Susan's dad was cheating on her mother with was Susan's biological mother, than my best guess would be that Susan's mother can't have kids for some reason, so she adopted. The same thing could explain why she has a child from a Uryuom egg.

Why do you think Noah is Tedd's half brother?

31 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

That's a good point. Much of what Noah was doing could arguably be trained telekinesis, but there were some odd things, like the deepened shadows and the glowy note thing, that can't by as easily explained that way

The note could have been done with special ink and paper taken from Adrian's desk. But the ability to be all shadowy and such might support the idea that Greater Seyunolus can harness both types of energy.

33 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Why do you think Noah is Tedd's half brother?

I had theorize a while back about the possibility that Noriko, having been frustrated over Tedd not having any magic potential, might have gone to the facility that Grace was born at and had Mr Guyur infuse one of his eggs with her DNA as well as some of his to make a worthy apprentice for her. That would in essence make Noah both Grace and Tedd's half brother. I would Imagine that Noriko could have left Noah in the care of the scientists until he was old enough to begin training, but Damien's attack probably put a stop to that, I dunno how Adrian becoming Noah's guardian fits here though but maybe Noriko believed that Noah was killed in the attack from Damien. The only thing I can think of that would really support Noah being a child of Noriko is the fact that Not_Tengu not only refered to Tedd as being Noriko's "First born son" but also mentioned "All of Noriko's family will die, her husband, her sister, her children." That could imply that one or more of Noriko's children aside from Tedd is in Moperville.

6 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Besides if there is a genetic relationship it need not be quite that direct. A common ancestor would suffice.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I kinda wonder if Mrs Pompoms was even capable of having children.

I would assume not, considering that's a pretty common motivator for the 'adopted kid who doesn't know' scenario in fiction.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I just hope dan doesn't pull a plotpoint from the tv sitcom playbook and have the blond mistress be their real mother...

that would just be WAY too cliche.

It was kinda already implied just after Grace's Birthday, when Susan was considering leaving her hair half blonde/half black and saw the blonde woman she found her dad with in the mirror, the title itself was "The other woman with Susan's face". It's entirely possible Susan's dad is her real dad but had been having flings with the blonde for several years, he might have got her pregnant, and she might have insisted that he "adopt" Susan.

It may be cliche but doesn't mean it won't happen. There is hardly any non-cliche way to make twins not knowing about each other.

7 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

*sniff* I'm so proud of Nanase. I knew she was smart enough to see the light! Now all we need is Elliot to convince Ellen that they can't keep quiet anymore and that Susan needs to know about Diane.

... why is Ellen's cooperation needed?

7 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

It's not about affinity. It's the fact that every seyunolu can only use Uryuomn magic and not Earth one. ... wait. Except Noah, he seems to have some Earth magic abilities ...

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

If Raven is a component in Susan's and Diane's genes, whether by magic or Uryouom egg (assume 2 parents here), they're 1/4 Immortal and Pandora's grandchildren.

Raven, like all half-Immortals (elves) cannot have children normally, but nothing short of time travel is known to be impossible for magic...

That's true, but it still seems suspicious that Raven have no idea this would be possible. Unless it was another Pandora's surprise ...

3 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

..Unless of course the girls' father/mother happens to be a powerful vampire hunter him/herself and will come back to Moperville only to find his/her daughters doing his/her job. Boy, wouldn't that be an awkward family reunion.

If there would be family history of vampire hunting, the parent in question probably wouldn't be so surprised daughters are already in job.

1 hour ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

As for Elliot dreading talking to Edward, that is a small problem compared to the mob scene that is going to be at his house now that he's been outed as Cheerleadra. In his situation, I'd give strong consideration to begging Edward to crash for the night on the couch in his basement.

It will probably take some time before the mob will form. Perhaps Edward can get there and somehow cause it to disperse ... oh, wait, not his job anymore.

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Not speaking about the summoned weapons.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The only thing I can think of that would really support Noah being a child of Noriko is the fact that Not_Tengu not only refered to Tedd as being Noriko's "First born son" but also mentioned "All of Noriko's family will die, her husband, her sister, her children." That could imply that one or more of Noriko's children aside from Tedd is in Moperville.

Or that Not-Tengu didn't planned to stay in Moperville.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I had theorize a while back about the possibility that Noriko, having been frustrated over Tedd not having any magic potential, might have gone to the facility that Grace was born at and had Mr Guyur infuse one of his eggs with her DNA as well as some of his to make a worthy apprentice for her. That would in essence make Noah both Grace and Tedd's half brother. I would Imagine that Noriko could have left Noah in the care of the scientists until he was old enough to begin training, but Damien's attack probably put a stop to that, I dunno how Adrian becoming Noah's guardian fits here though but maybe Noriko believed that Noah was killed in the attack from Damien. The only thing I can think of that would really support Noah being a child of Noriko is the fact that Not_Tengu not only refered to Tedd as being Noriko's "First born son" but also mentioned "All of Noriko's family will die, her husband, her sister, her children." That could imply that one or more of Noriko's children aside from Tedd is in Moperville.

The only reason I can see for that not to be the case is that Noah doesn't really look anything like Noriko (or what we think she looks like), which would require another parent.

I'm not convinced, but it could work, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for hints of another of Noriko's children being in Moperville itself.

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Didn't she divorce him after the incident were Susan caught him cheating? If Diane got put up for adoption at that point, they should both remember it.

Guinias and Hedge are animal/human.  Vlad(ia) is a greater seynoulu similar to Grace.

You've got to keep straight what EGS effects are due to Earth-magic and which are due to Uryoum-magic.  The two don't work the same.  Uryouom-magic stuff is the TF Gun, Uryouoms and Seynoulu, Grace's shapeshifting and Ellen's FV5 handbeam.  Everything else, including Tedd's watches and gauntlet are earth magic.

Probably Grace's brothers are like Grace.  They have no earth magic in them, so their transforming is not a "spell" by earth magic terms, so they aren't going to get new spells.

A greater Seynoulu like Vladia has more leeway for shapeshift stuff but I'm not sure what it is.  Grace isn't a fair judge because she has the genetics of two shapeshifting races in her (Uryuom and Lespuko) so I'm not sure what a Greater Seynoulu is capable by by themselves.  Vladia has no interest in finding out.  For the first time in her life she's normal and so happy to be such that she has no interest in ever shifting again.

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
8 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

*sniff* I'm so proud of Nanase. I knew she was smart enough to see the light! Now all we need is Elliot to convince Ellen that they can't keep quiet anymore and that Susan needs to know about Diane.

... why is Ellen's cooperation needed?

I think he means the fact that it was Ellen that was against telling Susan she's adopted because Mrs Pompoms should be doing that herself soon now that Susan's 18 and that it'd be better if Susan's adopted mom told her rather than her friends. Of course now that Nanase really wants to get Diane and Susan to meet, Ellen should agree to Nanase's backup plan about talking to Mrs Pompoms first and convincing her that Susan needs to know.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The only thing I can think of that would really support Noah being a child of Noriko is the fact that Not_Tengu not only refered to Tedd as being Noriko's "First born son" but also mentioned "All of Noriko's family will die, her husband, her sister, her children." That could imply that one or more of Noriko's children aside from Tedd is in Moperville.

Or that Not-Tengu didn't planned to stay in Moperville.

Also possible, I did say that it "could imply". ;)

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Guinias and Hedge are animal/human.  Vlad(ia) is a greater seynoulu similar to Grace.

You've got to keep straight what EGS effects are due to Earth-magic and which are due to Uryoum-magic.  The two don't work the same.  Uryouom-magic stuff is the TF Gun, Uryouoms and Seynoulu, Grace's shapeshifting and Ellen's FV5 handbeam.  Everything else, including Tedd's watches and gauntlet are earth magic.

Ellen's beam actually is Earth magic, it's a spell that the dewitchery diamond gave her that mimics the delivery of the curse that affected Elliot, Tedd's TFG. I actually wonder if the fact that Elliot was under the effect of a non-Earth based enchantment that confused the diamond and caused their improper awakenings. Maybe...

Plot twist: Ellen is the original and Elliot's the duplicate and the diamond got the curse mixed up.

Nah. ;)

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ellen's beam actually is Earth magic, it's a spell that the dewitchery diamond gave her that mimics the delivery of the curse that affected Elliot, Tedd's TFG. I actually wonder if the fact that Elliot was under the effect of a non-Earth based enchantment that confused the diamond and caused their improper awakenings. Maybe...

Plot twist: Ellen is the original and Elliot's the duplicate and the diamond got the curse mixed up.

Nah. ;)

Assuming Nioi had any idea what she was talking about, Elliot is definitely the original :P