• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Arakus

Is EGS:NP becoming too important?

9 hours ago, mlooney said:
14 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Then maybe just don't comment on it?

What, do you need to be under 28 to enjoy video games or to want to help someone understand what the joke in the comic is based around them when someone expresses their lack of knowledge in it? ~rolls eyes~

Because there may be something other than the VG aspect of the comic, you know what the forum is about, that I feel like commenting on.

Doing that is very different than doing this:

On 6/21/2016 at 10:34 PM, mlooney said:

Oh, and for the record, if I say in a reaction to a NP comic that I don't know what this, assume there is an ",and I don't care" following it, unless I say otherwise in the comment.

In one you're commenting on something else. In the other you're saying "I don't understand this and I don't want to."

31 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Doing that is very different than doing this:

In one you're commenting on something else. In the other you're saying "I don't understand this and I don't want to."

And exactly what is wrong with that?  People tell me that all the time when I start to geek out or go into massive details about how some software works.

I took courses with Immerman and Barrington.  Let's geek out over Immerman's theorem and Barrington's theorem, rather than fighting over video games.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

And exactly what is wrong with that?  People tell me that all the time when I start to geek out or go into massive details about how some software works.

The Moderator:

Gentlemen,

I appreciate that there are at times situations where the Internet's lack of tone and gesture may escalate an innocuously-intended if perhaps abrasive-appearing remark into an argument. However, it is also possible to respond to such an event with a more restrained 'dude, that seems a little abrasive' rather than taking the originating party to task for his statements. Therefore, I request of the both of you to please drop this matter or alternately take it to private messages.

Respectfully,

~tOH.

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The Moderator:

Gentlemen,

I appreciate that there are at times situations where the Internet's lack of tone and gesture may escalate an innocuously-intended if perhaps abrasive-appearing remark into an argument. However, it is also possible to respond to such an event with a more restrained 'dude, that seems a little abrasive' rather than taking the originating party to task for his statements. Therefore, I request of the both of you to please drop this matter or alternately take it to private messages.

Respectfully,

~tOH.

Dropped and currently falling at 9.8 meters per second per second.