• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story: Friday April 8, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2178

Interesting Elliot wants to ask Edward if he knows whether Susan is adopted. I know Edward's a big player in the paranormal but I wouldn't have expected him to know about the circumstances of a person's birth.

Unless of course it was a birth involving paranormal circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Unless of course it was a birth involving paranormal circumstances.

Twins with very similar magical potential and magic running in bloodlines? It seems likely there might have been. Mind you, I think it may be a case of Elliot simply having very strong faith in Mr. Verres' knowledge database. After all, the man is basically Dumbledore.

Now this became a double-edged sword.

Why do I feel it is not a case of the paranormal but a case of the situational (aka dramatic situation)?

even if it's not a paranormal issue directly, he's already shown he still has access to quite a few databases. I doubt anyone would bat an eye at him looking up info on one of the kids they know he keeps tabs on.

41 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I believe Elliot is assuming that Edward and DGB have done background checks on all of Tedd's friends who are in the know about the paranormal. Way back in one of the early comics Tedd warned Elliot that their phone conversations probably were bugged.

That's very logical assumption. In fact, they should've done background checks on other people who possibly might find out about magic as well. And all family members. Probably did Diane and Charlotte after the New-Year incident.

1 hour ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I doubt anyone would bat an eye at him looking up info on one of the kids they know he keeps tabs on.

You mean someone would NOTICE he's doing that? He seem to have all sort of secret informations ON PAPER.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:
47 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I believe Elliot is assuming that Edward and DGB have done background checks on all of Tedd's friends who are in the know about the paranormal. Way back in one of the early comics Tedd warned Elliot that their phone conversations probably were bugged.

That's very logical assumption. In fact, they should've done background checks on other people who possibly might find out about magic as well. And all family members. Probably did Diane and Charlotte after the New-Year incident.

Or just everybody at the party. In case they need to keep watch for potential side effects down the road.

9 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Or just everybody at the party. In case they need to keep watch for potential side effects down the road.

They didn't seem to make list of who was there. Of course, Cranium might be THAT good.

... or they already have the list because they started working on it when Nanase mentioned she was invited.

(Speculation mode ++: Mrs. Kitsune insisted they do it.)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

They didn't seem to make list of who was there. Of course, Cranium might be THAT good.

... or they already have the list because they started working on it when Nanase mentioned she was invited.

(Speculation mode ++: Mrs. Kitsune insisted they do it.)

pffthahaha paranoia mode?

3 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I predict a One-Pannel page that's mostly text and only slightly on topic, with him standing infront of a half dozen charts and diagrams, atleast one of which is a satelite-view shot of her house.

I'd say the last bit is creepy but I know google maps are a thing. I searched my house on it once.

Considering how much Nanase and Ellen already know about Diane, and the fact that Diane has already been attacked, Edward should definitely agree that she'll need help. He might even think that Nanase would be the best choice considering her abilities and the fact that Diane would trust her, rather than assigning agents to watch over her. As for Susan, if it turns out that Edward knows she's adopted, heck even if he can't find anything to say she is, he might be against telling her for the same reason Ellen was against it, the fact that her mother should be the one to tell her, and then we're back at Nanase having to talk to Susan's mom. If it turns out that Susan isn't adopted (and Edward got the idea for Ellen's cover story from Diane's situation) then it shouldn't be too much of an issue telling Susan.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

If it turns out that Susan isn't adopted (and Edward got the idea for Ellen's cover story from Diane's situation) then it shouldn't be too much of an issue telling Susan.

Even if her mom is her birth mom, it's still an awfully important secret to keep from Susan, that she has a sister, a twin, and for some reason they not only separated them, but never told either of them about the other!  They stole an incredibly important relationship from her, years and closeness which can never be reclaimed, and I have a very difficult time coming up with any sort of adequate justification for doing that to both of them.  Her mom would have been lying to her her whole life.  That sort of revelation irrevocably damages a relationship, and she'll never look at her mom the same way again.

(By the way, folks, let's be careful about using terms like "real mom" in our discussions.  If you have to make a distinction, use "birth mother" and "adoptive mother" or something else descriptive rather than judgemental.  We try hard to use the right terminology in regards to gender, sexuality, and identity; we should show the same sensitivity and accuracy here.)

I'm a bit confused - I was under the impression that it is more common for only signing up one half of a pair of twins for adoption, keeping one of the two children for yourself. At least, I can imagine parents thinking "we didn't sign up for this" when they are told they will have twins.

Tedd talked himself, Sarah, and Grace into not sharing information with his father.

Pandora put a lot of effort into convincing Sarah not to talk to Tedd's father.

Ellen and Nanase talked themselves into circles justifying a decision to withhold information from anyone.

It would be the hopelessly honest Elliot making a talk with Agent Verres the first option.

Nanase always had the option of asking Edward for more information, so that she could at least better understand why he feels Tedd shouldn't be told about his mother.

Same with Susan's situation, Nanase suggested that if they weren't going to tell Susan she might be adopted, her and Ellen should at least talk to Susan's mother. They were likely waiting for a good moment to do so, but recent events are kinda forcing the issue.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Nanase always had the option of asking Edward for more information, so that she could at least better understand why he feels Tedd shouldn't be told about his mother.

Same with Susan's situation, Nanase suggested that if they weren't going to tell Susan she might be adopted, her and Ellen should at least talk to Susan's mother. They were likely waiting for a good moment to do so, but recent events are kinda forcing the issue.

Susan's mother may not have any reason to to tell her now - she wouldn't know about the vampire-issue, would she?