• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Matoyak

Story: Tuesday, March 1st, 2016

2016-03-01 Comic

Hah. Y'know, with as much of a deal that Dan's made of where Elliot's keys and other assorted items go when he transforms, this should have been predictable...
I totally didn't predict it.

(Also, Panels 3 and 5 are BEGGING to be taken out of context. Panel 5 in particular with that pose and blush...)

EDIT: Playing around with tags. Interesting. I like that we can have one called out. Also, I love that we can FINALLY edit our topic titles. About freaking time.

Edited by Matoyak

14 hours ago, Matoyak said:

2016-03-01 Comic

Hah. Y'know, with as much of a deal that Dan's made of where Elliot's keys and other assorted items go when he transforms, this should have been predictable...
I totally didn't predict it.

Well, it MIGHT've been only Dan being nerdy and wanting to nitpick that noone else cares about stuff like that  ...

(Also, Panels 3 and 5 are BEGGING to be taken out of context. Panel 5 in particular with that pose and blush...)

I think they look risky even IN the context. They suggest alternative explanation about what happened with the phone ... although if that would be true (and Dan is not likely to do that) Elliot would definitely notice sooner.

EDIT: Playing around with tags. Interesting. I like that we can have one called out. Also, I love that we can FINALLY edit our topic titles. About freaking time.

I still think we lost more that we gained, but it may be only that I'm used to how it worked ...

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I still think we lost more that we gained, but it may be only that I'm used to how it worked ...

Until and unless all the previous posts come back, we defiantly lost more than we gained. The forum software doesn't matter nearly as much as the content it contains.

On March 7, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Howitzer said:

Until and unless all the previous posts come back, we defiantly lost more than we gained. The forum software doesn't matter nearly as much as the content it contains.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Robin is working on it. Some of the material may be recoverable. Give him time.

Venting a bit is natural, but I don't think anyone means to complain about Robin, or Ben or Thom.  We all know they're doing everything they can, and if/when they need help many of us will be happy to contribute!  I'm just glad they were able to restart the forums and give us a place to hang out together again!

BTW, I see you got your definite article back! :-)

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Venting a bit is natural, but I don't think anyone means to complain about Robin, or Ben or Thom.  We all know they're doing everything they can, and if/when they need help many of us will be happy to contribute!  I'm just glad they were able to restart the forums and give us a place to hang out together again!

BTW, I see you got your definite article back! :-)

I actually ended up with two accounts. I'll ask Robin to delete the other one.

Buzzing Cheerleadra is still a huge surprise. Now where are his keys?

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Robin is working on it. Some of the material may be recoverable. Give him time.

With all the "broken" HDDs, I am less bullish about recovering a lot of data. More so for the sibling comics. :(

Paging HoC...

It may come down to money....I've heard there are ways to recover from pretty bad physical damage, but it has to be done in a clean room, and is very delicate work, and is thus expensive.  Depending on how expensive, we might be able to do a GoFundMe to raise enough, but I assume we'd need to know the less expensive routes were fruitless and how much and how likely to succeed the next step was.

On 3/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, hkmaly said:
On 3/6/2016 at 2:21 AM, Matoyak said:

I think they look risky even IN the context.

Heh, yeah, this is true.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

It may come down to money....I've heard there are ways to recover from pretty bad physical damage, but it has to be done in a clean room, and is very delicate work, and is thus expensive.  Depending on how expensive, we might be able to do a GoFundMe to raise enough, but I assume we'd need to know the less expensive routes were fruitless and how much and how likely to succeed the next step was.

If the HDDs are in THAT bad shape, it would mean that some data would be completely lost. Then it's question of format: some formats are extremely hard to recover even partial data from if the file is not complete.

But based on the lack of details about the HDD damage and recovery process, seems that they don't consider getting help from us. At least not yet.