• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Monday, April 11, 2016

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:
25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

He might not expect that Diane is in any danger in city as full of magic users as Moperville. I'm sure Adrian is allowed to kill aberrations who get near school. (In fact, he might've killed several in last year and not consider it noteworthy.)

I disagree, 1 aberration every couple years or so, maybe, it's bound to happen, but several in a year would be worrying, either implicating that there's a rise in the aberration population, or a large migration event. What's going on now could be considered a large migration event if they're drawn to the magic in the area, but if they really are being organized by someone or something, then that's even more worrying.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I was talking about how the situation looked on New Year. Edward likely wasn't aware about how many aberrations Andrea killed and when he will be told, he is likely to change mind about that, but he didn't EXPECTED Diane is in any danger back on New Year party.

I already mentioned that Edward may say "Damn we need to do something with Diane" upon hearing about the aberrations even before Nanase and Elliot mention her. Or even better: "Damn, we must give Susan and Diane better protection".

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sorry, I disagree with the statement that Adrian wouldn't consider having to kill several aberrations in a year noteworthy.

Oh. Right. (rereading) True. And he might not be on good terms with Edward but he would likely mention it to him. So ... let's say he killed one in last year, between Sisters II and now, and considers it coincidence. :)

(Alternatively: Raven just now, standing over body of aberration: "Hey, this doesn't look like the aberration I was looking for - no spider features at all. Does it mean there are TWO aberrations in city? Maybe I should tell Edward.")

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

The fact she have no idea about Noriko might help Diane not discuss her.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==Except that Diane does know about Noriko. Tengu mentioned her by name (although Diane may have left by then, but Charlotte was there for all the expository shouting, she might even have heard Not-Tengu say that he would kill Noriko's children) she was there when wolf talked about how the one who last took out Not-Tengu was a legendary monster hunter, and we saw that Charlotte filled her in on why Not-Tengu was there. So she knows that Nanase's aunt is a legendary monster hunter who fought a big winged bigfoot monster with mind control powers. She might not draw the immediate connection with Tedd, but since she's likely to be introduced to him as "Nanase's Cousin" she'll probably figure it out eventually once they meet; the comic has shown that she is fairly smart and good at deduction.

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

So ... let's say he killed one in last year, between Sisters II and now, and considers it coincidence. :)

As long it was just between him and the aberration no witnesses, sure, if a civilian was involved, he might be obligated to report it.

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(Alternatively: Raven just now, standing over body of aberration: "Hey, this doesn't look like the aberration I was looking for - no spider features at all. Does it mean there are TWO aberrations in city? Maybe I should tell Edward.")

Yeah, he might be alright with going after 1 aberration in his spare time, but if there's more than one he might not be able to find them in time before they take any victims.

We should also consider what spider vamp said about low profiles, and that the aberrations in Moperville are trying to draw as little attention to themselves as possible, it's obviously not helped some of them as Helena and Demetrius have been able to root some out for Andrea to kill and spider vamp likely hadn't had a fresh meal in a while and let temptation get to him when he sensed Diane (get a meal and prevent a vampire slayer from awakening, 2 birds with 1 stone). Otherwise, and as someone pointed out, Edward and the paranormal divsion don't seem to be aware that there's anything going on. It's almost like even though the paranormal division is supposed to keep the public in the dark about magic and such, Helena and Demetrius are taking it one step further and keeping the paranormal division from finding out about an aberration convention in Moperville, by having them killed before they cause trouble.

44 minutes ago, Alwaysnewguy said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The fact she have no idea about Noriko might help Diane not discuss her.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==Except that Diane does know about Noriko. Tengu mentioned her by name (although Diane may have left by then, but Charlotte was there for all the expository shouting, she might even have heard Not-Tengu say that he would kill Noriko's children) she was there when wolf talked about how the one who last took out Not-Tengu was a legendary monster hunter, and we saw that Charlotte filled her in on why Not-Tengu was there. So she knows that Nanase's aunt is a legendary monster hunter who fought a big winged bigfoot monster with mind control powers. She might not draw the immediate connection with Tedd, but since she's likely to be introduced to him as "Nanase's Cousin" she'll probably figure it out eventually once they meet; the comic has shown that she is fairly smart and good at deduction.

I think that yes, she left by then, and that we readers were only one hearing about Noriko's children. But you have point about Charlotte possibly telling her and definitely that even without the name, she might connect Nanase's cousin and the legendary monster hunter.

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Helena and Demetrius are taking it one step further and keeping the paranormal division from finding out about an aberration convention in Moperville, by having them killed before they cause trouble.

You make it sounds like a bad thing, but are you SURE the paranormal division would deal with them quickly enough under Arthur Arthur's orders? Helena and Demetrius are obviously much better at finding those aberrations.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Helena and Demetrius are taking it one step further and keeping the paranormal division from finding out about an aberration convention in Moperville, by having them killed before they cause trouble.

You make it sounds like a bad thing, but are you SURE the paranormal division would deal with them quickly enough under Arthur Arthur's orders? Helena and Demetrius are obviously much better at finding those aberrations.

It may go further back for Helena and Demetrius, maybe their motivation is to protect people and they feel that the various government agencies move too slow or don't act at all until there's an incident, Helena and Demetrius could rather find the danger before it has a chance to strike. That would also fit why they recruited Susan and Nanase in France, and yeah it's been argued that doing so was wrong and that they should have gone to the government agency for help, but Helena and Demetrius might have felt that doing so would leave Susan vulnerable to a second attack considering the nature of her innate talent.

I guess it depends on how you look at it whether it's good or bad, DGB would probably consider Helena and Demetrius rogue Immortals, Jerry certainly didn't approve of their actions, but Andrea, while she felt killing the aberrations was a job for the people of the main eight's half of the world, was still happy to do it because aberrations are bad and killing them prevented innocent people from getting killed.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It may go further back for Helena and Demetrius, maybe their motivation is to protect people and they feel that the various government agencies move too slow or don't act at all until there's an incident, Helena and Demetrius could rather find the danger before it has a chance to strike. That would also fit why they recruited Susan and Nanase in France, and yeah it's been argued that doing so was wrong and that they should have gone to the government agency for help, but Helena and Demetrius might have felt that doing so would leave Susan vulnerable to a second attack considering the nature of her innate talent.

I guess it depends on how you look at it whether it's good or bad, DGB would probably consider Helena and Demetrius rogue Immortals, Jerry certainly didn't approve of their actions, but Andrea, while she felt killing the aberrations was a job for the people of the main eight's half of the world, was still happy to do it because aberrations are bad and killing them prevented innocent people from getting killed.

Even with the angle of leaving the kids vulnerable, there are better ways they could have dealt with it. They could have armed the kids and gotten someone else for example, or lead the kids to a government agency to be protected while they hunted the vamp for example.

Diane may not have heard Not_Tengu's exact speech, but it's apparent that Charlotte filled her in after she caught up with her. The "So that thing IS here because of Nanase." sounds like a response to Charlotte updating her and answering the question Diane had asked Nanase earlier about the bad guy having some connection to her.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edward and the paranormal divsion don't seem to be aware that there's anything going on.

Just had a scary thought... What if that has nothing to do with the immortals, or with the aberrations skill at hiding?

how do we know Sirlec is the only body-snatcher in the area? Arthur J. Arthur has been pointed out to be acting oddly out of character...

Complex operations have a much greater chance of success if you have an inside man...

While it might be possible that Arthur is being controlled by something, it's probably more like Arthur is working on a more literal interpretation of the paranormal division's duties.  The whole "the accessibility of magic has always been the real secret" bit  supports that keeping magic a secret was secondary to the main mission, and now the the secondary objective is busted open, the primary objective needs to be maintained at all cost.

Yes--the Worst Case Scenario that Arthur is trying to prevent is the sudden rise of a hundred thousand or more people like not-Tengu--jerkasses who find that they have/can get magical power and wish to use it for seriously nefarious purposes. Such a large and sudden flood of would-be aupervillains would overwhelm any attempt to thwart them until an equally powerful force of heroes could be trained.

Way to jinx it, Elliot. Eh, who am I kidding, he's probably right.

On 11.4.2016 at 6:38 PM, Scotty said:

Ahh, I don't think Tedd's met Diane at all yet. He might be aware of her existence from Grace talking about her, but Grace might not have mentioned how she looks like Susan or we probably would have seen him trying to get DNA samples or something to find out if they were related.

Um, why would Grace NOT have mentioned Diane looking like Susan to Tedd, especially when she saw what a big deal it seemed to be to Ellen and Nanase? Maybe Tedd just wasn't interested in finding out if Susan had a twin sister she didn't know about for some reason.

On 11.4.2016 at 6:38 PM, Scotty said:

Yeah that's also why I see Edward being initially upset that all this happened, but ultimately do what he can to help the main eight deal with stuff like this.

Agreed. I admit that those kids have some reasons to not confide in Edward as much as they should, but they really should realize that everything he does is to protect them.

However, I doubt he can do anything to protect Elliot's secret, especially since Elliot was already known as the guy who punches monsters and talks to griffins before tonight. Looks like it's time to "adapt or die" for Edward as well. Let's see if he's better at it than Arthur.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I already mentioned that Edward may say "Damn we need to do something with Diane" upon hearing about the aberrations even before Nanase and Elliot mention her. Or even better: "Damn, we must give Susan and Diane better protection".

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Edward may know about Diane's existence, but I doubt he'd blurt out something like that in front of Elliot and Nanase before he was sure that they know Diane is Susan's sister.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

That would also fit why they recruited Susan and Nanase in France, and yeah it's been argued that doing so was wrong and that they should have gone to the government agency for help, but Helena and Demetrius might have felt that doing so would leave Susan vulnerable to a second attack considering the nature of her innate talent.

17 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Even with the angle of leaving the kids vulnerable, there are better ways they could have dealt with it. They could have armed the kids and gotten someone else for example, or lead the kids to a government agency to be protected while they hunted the vamp for example.

Right. It's one of the things which can make what they did more explainable, but still not best idea. And yes, they might've armed the kids without leading them to the aberration AND if they feared surprise attack, they might help guarding them. Maybe the aberration would attack anyway and the result will be same, but at least they would TRY to solve it better.

4 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Just had a scary thought... What if that has nothing to do with the immortals, or with the aberrations skill at hiding?

how do we know Sirlec is the only body-snatcher in the area? Arthur J. Arthur has been pointed out to be acting oddly out of character...

Complex operations have a much greater chance of success if you have an inside man...

... somehow I find hard to believe noone would notice Arthur Arthur being body-snatched, but there may be less obvious ways how to change his behaviour ... including plain bribe. From Sirlec.

35 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Yes--the Worst Case Scenario that Arthur is trying to prevent is the sudden rise of a hundred thousand or more people like not-Tengu--jerkasses who find that they have/can get magical power and wish to use it for seriously nefarious purposes. Such a large and sudden flood of would-be aupervillains would overwhelm any attempt to thwart them until an equally powerful force of heroes could be trained.

Well obviously. This, however, didn't changed - this was ALWAYS the worst case scenario of informations about magic going public. What changed is that Arthur basically gave up the position he assumed he will be unable to defend and withdraw to position he believes to be better defensible. Which doesn't sound like THAT bad strategy.

29 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
On 04/11/2016 at 5:38 PM, Scotty said:

Ahh, I don't think Tedd's met Diane at all yet. He might be aware of her existence from Grace talking about her, but Grace might not have mentioned how she looks like Susan or we probably would have seen him trying to get DNA samples or something to find out if they were related.

Um, why would Grace NOT have mentioned Diane looking like Susan to Tedd, especially when she saw what a big deal it seemed to be to Ellen and Nanase? Maybe Tedd just wasn't interested in finding out if Susan had a twin sister she didn't know about for some reason.

Tedd is one-tracked enough to not really became interested in DNA samples while working on something else.

31 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Edward may know about Diane's existence, but I doubt he'd blurt out something like that in front of Elliot and Nanase before he was sure that they know Diane is Susan's sister.

I didn't say it would be likely. I said it would be funny. He certainly knows about Diane's existence, he likely know or suspect her talent, but yes, I doubt he'd blurt out something like that unless he already decided that he would need to tell them anyway.

On the other hand, if he would really plan to use Nanase for protecting Diane (due to the fact that as already mentioned, his options are limited now), he MIGHT decide she's in need to know.

54 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
On 4/11/2016 at 11:38 AM, Scotty said:

Probably for the same reason that Ellen never tried to push the subject after her initial attempt. She had no idea of the implications of telling Susan she had a relative she might not have known about or else she wouldn't have texted her in the first place, Ellen could have asked again the next time she saw Susan but I guess it didn't seem that important. I'm guessing they all just came to the idea that it's just a coincidence that they looked alike and forgot about it until New Years.

54 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
On 4/11/2016 at 11:38 AM, Scotty said:

Yeah that's also why I see Edward being initially upset that all this happened, but ultimately do what he can to help the main eight deal with stuff like this.

Agreed. I admit that those kids have some reasons to not confide in Edward as much as they should, but they really should realize that everything he does is to protect them.

However, I doubt he can do anything to protect Elliot's secret, especially since Elliot was already known as the guy who punches monsters and talks to griffins before tonight. Looks like it's time to "adapt or die" for Edward as well. Let's see if he's better at it than Arthur.

There isn't much Edward can do to salvage Elliot's secret that I can think of aside from hope that only a few people actually made the connection between Elliot and Cheerleadra and if those people really care. I fully expect Catalina to offer to "help" salvage his identity btw. Quite possibly even Tensaided as well. ;)

7 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

I think it was in front of Grace too XD

Nah, it was behind her back. Nevertheless, she didn't took it well.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There isn't much Edward can do to salvage Elliot's secret that I can think of aside from hope that only a few people actually made the connection between Elliot and Cheerleadra and if those people really care. I fully expect Catalina to offer to "help" salvage his identity btw. Quite possibly even Tensaided as well. ;)

... that would end even worse than last time.

Edward was referring to a sketch when he mentioned it, he knew about Grace's history because he knew Dr Sciuridae, and the concept sketch he saw would have been of what Shade Tail should have looked like if the egg was given the intended human DNA. And knowing that alternate realities exist, when Edward saw the picture that had a shade tail that looked like what the sketch he saw shown, it was easy for him to assume that the Grace in that reality didn't die so her DNA wasn't used to make Shade Tail.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Remember, Edward Verres is the guy who mused aloud about Grace not dying, in front of Grace's boyfriend....

Yeah for a man whose job is built around operational security, he sure is careless about it in his personal life.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Wildcat said:

I suspect Diane is going to need to get smacked a little to get along with Tedd. Kinda not looking forward to that, cause I think he's still a little fragile. Though it could be funny to watch Diane get death glares from basically everyone.

I've often thought Diane and Tedd might get along. They aren't perfect matches for each other, but have some common ground. If she could get him away from being a science nerd Diane might've been a bad influence on Tedd.

With the character growth they've had since, I still think they might get along well.

As long as no one kicks the bomb.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd is one-tracked enough to not really became interested in DNA samples while working on something else.

True, and he has been working on many things over the past year.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I didn't say it would be likely. I said it would be funny. He certainly knows about Diane's existence, he likely know or suspect her talent, but yes, I doubt he'd blurt out something like that unless he already decided that he would need to tell them anyway.

On the other hand, if he would really plan to use Nanase for protecting Diane (due to the fact that as already mentioned, his options are limited now), he MIGHT decide she's in need to know.

It seems I phrased that rather poorly. Of course Edward knows that Diane exists, but until recently, he's probably never had a reason to worry about her or mention her to the Main Eight. Now that Elliot, Ellen and Nanase (and Ashley) know that she is Susan's sister and needs protection, he might as well tell them everything he knows. I really want to see the entire Main Eight and Edward gathered together to hear each other's stories in the next storyline. It will be cramped and dialogue-y, but I have faith in Dan.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

It would be QUITE amusing for Diane to encounter girl-mode Tedd before boy-mode Tedd . . .

Yes, but I don't think Diane would be very shocked. After all, she already knows one sex-swapping dude.