• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Monday, April 11, 2016

27 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It's a clear sign of a blown mind. Tedd would be proud.

Susan would be prouder <_<

Speaking of which, how much did he interact with Diane?

5 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Also kinda funny that Elliot is trying to cheer her up by pointing out Murphy's law will kick in sooner or later. Isn't that usually a bad thing?

If its regular enough, there could be a certain sense of comfort in its predictability.

6 minutes ago, partner555 said:

If its regular enough, there could be a certain sense of comfort in its predictability.

The perversity of the Universe does indeed tend towards a maximum. If we were to one day discover that this is not the case, it would result in a case of sociological upheaval not unlike the effect it would have on science and mathematics in general were the second law of thermodynamics to be disproven.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

I suspect Diane is going to need to get smacked a little to get along with Tedd. Kinda not looking forward to that, cause I think he's still a little fragile. Though it could be funny to watch Diane get death glares from basically everyone.

7 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Also kinda funny that Elliot is trying to cheer her up by pointing out Murphy's law will kick in sooner or later. Isn't that usually a bad thing?

Elliot has a tendency of invoking Murphy. He did so earlier in the story when he was trying to decide whether or not he should tell Ashley about him being Cheerleadra and then figured something would happen that would render that moot anyway. So yeah, way to foreshadow, Elliot. ;)

31 minutes ago, Wildcat said:
6 hours ago, Stature said:

I suspect Diane is going to need to get smacked a little to get along with Tedd. Kinda not looking forward to that, cause I think he's still a little fragile. Though it could be funny to watch Diane get death glares from basically everyone.

If you're talking about Edward, he didn't really react in any way to Diane looking like Susan on New Years, and that makes me wonder if he does know about Susan having a twin sister probably from any background check. He's probably expecting Diane and Susan to meet eventually. The question is, does he know the circumstances of why they were separated?

Here's a wild question, but what are the chances that Edward was there when Susan and Diane were born?

*sings One In A Million* *gets clobbered with boots and fruits*

Bah, I am talking about Tedd's amount of interaction with Diane

Nanase began this evening researching the mysterious cloaked figures in Moperville and then forwarding that information to her Uncle.  This is a vital update to that research and she is now reluctant to share that information?

And I know horror film standard operating procedure would demand that the young people face the danger without assistance from the authority figures.  But I think the relationship between the main eight and Edward Verres has progressed beyond that stage.

38 minutes ago, Stature said:

0, as it should be until Diane learns matures a bit more, and gets told not to discuss Noriko. 

20 minutes ago, Stature said:

Ahh, I don't think Tedd's met Diane at all yet. He might be aware of her existence from Grace talking about her, but Grace might not have mentioned how she looks like Susan or we probably would have seen him trying to get DNA samples or something to find out if they were related.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Nanase began this evening researching the mysterious cloaked figures in Moperville and then forwarding that information to her Uncle.  This is a vital update to that research and she is now reluctant to share that information?

Nanase was likely going to give Edward an update on the cloaked figures, She would certainly feel he needs to know about the energy clog and the fact that all the energy building up around Moperville is attracting not just other magic users, but aberrations as well and relay Andrea's concern that the aberrations may be organized. I don't see her as being against telling Edward about Diane and Susan, but I can see her feeling annoyed about constantly going to Edward for help whenever something bad happens, she doesn't want to have to rely on him for protecting Diane after she took it upon herself to protect her, doing so would mean admitting that she failed. She doesn't seem to be too stubborn about it though considering she's agreeing with Elliot about it, but she doesn't have to be happy about it.

29 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And I know horror film standard operating procedure would demand that the young people face the danger without assistance from the authority figures.  But I think the relationship between the main eight and Edward Verres has progressed beyond that stage.

Yeah that's also why I see Edward being initially upset that all this happened, but ultimately do what he can to help the main eight deal with stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

If you're talking about Edward, he didn't really react in any way to Diane looking like Susan on New Years, and that makes me wonder if he does know about Susan having a twin sister probably from any background check.

Possible, but remember, Nanase knew diane for a while and did not realize the resemblance until Ellen and Grace pointed it out on their first day of school, but both had seen Susan with blond hair first.Though there is also elliot's reaction to meeting Diane : http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1687

People pick up on things differently, Ellen, Elliot, Grace and Rhoda all saw the resemblance while Nanase and Justin didn't, even Diane herself initially dismissed the idea of looking like Susan.  Edward comes off as a stickler for details and wouldn't likely miss the resemblance.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

People pick up on things differently, Ellen, Elliot, Grace and Rhoda all saw the resemblance while Nanase and Justin didn't, even Diane herself initially dismissed the idea of looking like Susan.  Edward comes off as a stickler for details and wouldn't likely miss the resemblance.

I discount the importance of Diane dismissing the idea of a resemblance. It seems to me that quite a lot of teenagers who aren't aware they have an identical twin would have that reaction even upon meeting that twin. Particularly relatively egotistical ones like Diane. "NOBODY's quite like me!"

For reference I suggest either version of the movie The Parent Trap. (Link is to the 1961 version which I think was better.)

10 hours ago, Stature said:

At first I assumed by "he" you were referring to Elliot, but now I see you could have meant Mr. Verres.  In which case, it's a little bit freaky to realize he likely *knew* exactly who Diane was at New Year's, and that she was Susan's twin.  In which case, it's also a bit irresponsible, knowing Susan's history, not to have given Diane any warning or protection....

8 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I discount the importance of Diane dismissing the idea of a resemblance. It seems to me that quite a lot of teenagers who aren't aware they have an identical twin would have that reaction even upon meeting that twin. Particularly relatively egotistical ones like Diane. "NOBODY's quite like me!"

For reference I suggest either version of the movie The Parent Trap. (Link is to the 1961 version which I think was better.)

Still, I would think that for someone who knows they are adopted, being told someone looks like them should trigger a "Do I have biological family nearby?". Of course Diane eventually did come to that realization, but it took a few more clues.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Still, I would think that for someone who knows they are adopted, being told someone looks like them should trigger a "Do I have biological family nearby?". Of course Diane eventually did come to that realization, but it took a few more clues.

Denial is a powerful thing and both Susan and Diane reacted reflexively with it when initially hearing of their possible double.

Susan's reaction is more understandable since she's had no reason to think she could have a sister, plus at the time, she was in a bad mood after failing to gain support for changing the school dress code. I guess Diane could have been more focused on learning as much about Elliot as possible that there wasn't any room for thoughts of long lost relatives.

11 hours ago, partner555 said:
17 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Remember that if you rely on Murphy's law, it won't happen.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Elliot has a tendency of invoking Murphy. He did so earlier in the story when he was trying to decide whether or not he should tell Ashley about him being Cheerleadra and then figured something would happen that would render that moot anyway. So yeah, way to foreshadow, Elliot. ;)

... right.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She's not reluctant to share. She just doesn't like they don't have other option.

8 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

and gets told not to discuss Noriko. 

The fact she have no idea about Noriko might help Diane not discuss her.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
16 hours ago, Stature said:

At first I assumed by "he" you were referring to Elliot, but now I see you could have meant Mr. Verres.  In which case, it's a little bit freaky to realize he likely *knew* exactly who Diane was at New Year's, and that she was Susan's twin.  In which case, it's also a bit irresponsible, knowing Susan's history, not to have given Diane any warning or protection....

He might not expect that Diane is in any danger in city as full of magic users as Moperville. I'm sure Adrian is allowed to kill aberrations who get near school. (In fact, he might've killed several in last year and not consider it noteworthy.)

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

He might not expect that Diane is in any danger in city as full of magic users as Moperville. I'm sure Adrian is allowed to kill aberrations who get near school. (In fact, he might've killed several in last year and not consider it noteworthy.)

I disagree, 1 aberration every couple years or so, maybe, it's bound to happen, but several in a year would be worrying, either implicating that there's a rise in the aberration population, or a large migration event. What's going on now could be considered a large migration event if they're drawn to the magic in the area, but if they really are being organized by someone or something, then that's even more worrying.