• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Dream a little dream.

I thought this might be a fun idea for a thread: a place where we can post about odd or funny dreams we've had, discuss them and/or laugh at them.

And I just had a really funny dream. I'd been using my iPad the whole evening. When I finally went to bed and slept, I dreamed that Apple had just released the thin crust iPizza, a pizza sized and shaped exactly like an iPad. It would initially come in three flavours, mushrooms, meatballs and ham.

I am not entirely sure what, if any, the iPizza had to do with cutting edge electronics. I do know that I would happily eat one of the things if I could get hold of one. :P

Here's a dream I had back when I was a university student:

I dreamed that I was at an exam for history, and I realised I didn't study. While freaking out, I slowly realised, "Hang on, I'm an accounting student. I don't have history classes in the first place!" It's about then I woke up.

Oh dear. That reminds me of a dream I had while attending university. I was just arriving for the day when I saw that people everywhere were busy carrying out all the furniture, books and computers. And they were replacing all of it with massive fish tanks. I am talking really big fish tanks, each of them almost a swimming pool in its own right. I watched in rising bewilderment and finally asked someone who was walking by, "What in the world is happening?" And he replied, "Well duh! It's exam time."

At that point I woke up. I have yet to be able to make sense of this dream.

about 15 years ago I was working in a produce facility that handled silverskin onions, they'd come in off the field and get the greens and roots removed by machines and then be sorted by size onto shaker tables where we'd have to pick out any imperfect onions. Normally I'd be at the ends of the tables handling the barrels for brining or boxes for fresh pack, but there were times when we'd get a load where the majority of the onions are similar size and so it floods one or two of the shaker tables, so I'd get up there and help pick through them, this involved a large amount of arm flailing trying to get all the bad ones before they go into the barrel or box. There were many nights where I'd wake up with my arms going as if I had been dreaming about being at work.

Back when I was recuperating from my broken ankles (in early 2010, after I was finally able to stand while wearing the "moon boots" (and sleep in my own bed)), I had a dream that I was having an argument with my father in my own house. He went too far in the argument, and I dreamed that I threw a right hook at him. I woke up in mid-punch – I was actually punching the air. I rolled left, hit my bedstand with my hand, kept rolling, hit my face against the bedstand, then rolled completely out of bed and onto the floor.

I got somewhat lucky—although the fall was painful, I didn't damage anything except for a slight bruise on my face. My moon boots got tangled up and I was unable to get off of the floor, though. I had to shout for my wife's help in getting back up onto the bed. (She'd thought I'd broken something else at first.)

I don't recommend any part of the experience.

I had this odd dream where I was basically like Captain Marvel (the DC one) where I could shapeshift into anyone if I sad "Project X" (where X is what I'm trying to turn into), and I needed to use it to infiltrate a bunker complex full of angry hostiles. Except for some reason when I said "Project Dreamboy" it turned me into a 5'5 Caucasian woman instead. Apparently it worked on opposites, and frankly that wasn't the weirdest part of the dream. The odd part was when I went around as this woman and rode a jetbike into a giant tower powered by residual solar energy being directly sucked in from the nearby star....

That was about all I could remember but I did save the name "Project Dreamboy" for one of the stories I'm trying to write these days.

EDIT: I wasn't a 5'5 Caucasian woman, instead i was one of the chracters I was writing in one of the stories I had just finished working on at the time. (still female though) 

A My little pony version of 2nd life/minecraft where I was building submarines with working weapons and space craft.  My mother was telling me my designs would not work because that's not how NASA did it.  Had trouble telling her that Twilight Sparkle had magic.

Back to reading my gun book.  About 50 pages and I was out like a light.  First got to do that old man wakes up in the wee hours of the morning thing