• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Monday, April 11, 2016

NN1    0

Even in no-kill runs, you often have some weapons, if for no other reason as loot to sell for caps when you find a vendor since they can be valuable (you will need some stimpack/drug/armor money especially if Grace is the type who is reluctant to steal everything not nailed down). You can also use guns to occasionally disarm or hobble an enemy, especially important if your attempts to save people makes a faction dislike you (such as the legion) enough to send regular assassins, unless no harming anyone is in Grace's rules. I still understand having bots count in a no-kill run, just saying that no guns is not common.

Still, I could see selling off most things to the NCR before entering the robot tower of death as well as Grace deciding not to carry guns to blow off kneecaps, fearing permanent injury to her target. 

6 hours ago, NN1 said:

especially if Grace is the type who is reluctant to steal everything not nailed down

... in videogames, anything which is not background is obviously for you to take. Even when nailed down.

(In minecraft, background = bedrock)

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... in videogames, anything which is not background is obviously for you to take. Even when nailed down.

Holy truth from time immemorable, or at least since the days of the avatar PLATO game and the Zork text adventure games. :-)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

In Bethesda games, items can (and often do) have an "owner" tag (Or an "owned by someone other than the player" tag). You can take them, but it's stealing and there are consequences if caught. Mostly the consequences are "Get stabbed or shot to death, or put the law and the former owners to death yourself". In Oblivion you could pay a fine or go to jail. (The latter would then kickstart the Thieves' Guild questline, if you had yet to track them down yourself).

In most Bethesda games it is. from what I've seen with Fallout 4 though, if it's not nailed down, it's free game, I think certain locked containers are still tagged, but for all the bits and bobs scattered about, the NPCs won't bat an eye if you take em. the main issue with FO4 though isn't "do I need this?" but instead because of the whole settlement feature, it's "I need ALL OF THIS!!!"

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Holy truth from time immemorable, or at least since the days of the avatar PLATO game and the Zork text adventure games. :-)

When I played KotOR my character would barge into apartments with the families living there present and go, "Scuse me, coming through, saving the galaxy, you don't need this do you, thank you very much!" as I looted the places for valuables.

26 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

When I played KotOR my character would barge into apartments with the families living there present and go, "Scuse me, coming through, saving the galaxy, you don't need this do you, thank you very much!" as I looted the places for valuables.

That doesn't sound like very noble behavior.  Were you playing a Jedi or a Scoundrel?

17 hours ago, NN1 said:

Even in no-kill runs, you often have some weapons, if for no other reason as loot to sell for caps when you find a vendor since they can be valuable (you will need some stimpack/drug/armor money especially if Grace is the type who is reluctant to steal everything not nailed down). You can also use guns to occasionally disarm or hobble an enemy, especially important if your attempts to save people makes a faction dislike you (such as the legion) enough to send regular assassins, unless no harming anyone is in Grace's rules. I still understand having bots count in a no-kill run, just saying that no guns is not common.

There are also the bean gag rounds for 12 gauge shotguns, they have a hard time killing anything. though not very good against bots IIRC. 

As to stealing, half of the locations are unclaimed. If something is owned the color of its name and the prompt to steal changes in the HUD, pretty much everything is fair game, though allot is guarded by animals, ferals or raiders. 

30 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

As to stealing, half of the locations are unclaimed. If something is owned the color of its name and the prompt to steal changes in the HUD, pretty much everything is fair game, though allot is guarded by animals, ferals or raiders. 

Is this like the chickens in Oblivion who could witness you committing murder and report you to the guards?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Is this like the chickens in Oblivion who could witness you committing murder and report you to the guards?

Geese are usually recognized as the best poultry guards.

From ancient Roman Legions to modern nuclear reactors.  Put a flock of geese  between the inner and outer fences and you will know if anyone enters that area.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Don't know, never stole anything around the Brahmin. though you get a Karma loss whenever you steal an item.

Though what I meant is there are hostiles located at most locations with loot. 

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Like this?

NN1    0
On 4/12/2016 at 6:26 PM, hkmaly said:

But you lose karma if you steal medical supplies from sick people if they're marked in read! ;_;