• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Crispy and Original Recipe?

I was thinking Original Recipe and Hot and Spicy. Original Recipe made Plan A, Hot and Spicy made Plan B which was then named Plan CM.

48 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Hmm, his line in the last panel does point in the direction of him acting on someone else's plan.

Or maybe he is acting on a plan from himself... from before a reset.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

OK new theory, Pandora and Magus aren't the reason Helena and Demetrius have been following Elliot...

This guy is.

He referred to Elliot as "the Pawn of Chaos," which implies Pandora.

If Magus returning to the physical plane is an important step in Pandora's plan, or was prior to her argument with her son and the others haven't realized things have changed, then colonel whoever may think the most expedient way to derail her plans is to take Elliot out of the equation. he may be trying to work against her but operating on out of date information.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Are you sure trying to tell Pandora there is difference is safe? I mean, I'm sure she doesn't see any.

Sure. If Pandora doesn't believe there's a difference, then my feeble attempts to convince her might convince her that I can be amusing in a not-under-attack situation. But how are you so sure she doesn't see any difference?

48 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

If Magus returning to the physical plane is an important step in Pandora's plan, or was prior to her argument with her son and the others haven't realized things have changed, then colonel whoever may think the most expedient way to derail her plans is to take Elliot out of the equation. he may be trying to work against her but operating on out of date information.

Another option is he's assisting Lord Tedd, the goo was sent to kill Tedd but after the first attempt was thwarted by Elliot the goo needed to kill Elliot first, after the second attempt failed, maybe Lord Tedd called in a favour with the colonel here.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

The only thing I can think of, and this goes back to speculation of who he could be back when we first saw him, is that he's Pandora's alternate from Magus' reality. This would of course be partially confirmed if his name also turns out to be Pandora Chaos Raven or a variation of it.

Dibs on the bet that he's called Cassius Lawful Pelican.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Another option is he's assisting Lord Tedd, the goo was sent to kill Tedd but after the first attempt was thwarted by Elliot the goo needed to kill Elliot first, after the second attempt failed, maybe Lord Tedd called in a favour with the colonel here.

Alternatively, if he is planning to make Tedd and Grace become more like Lord Tedd and General Shade Tail, then there are fewer better ways to send them on a slide down the slippery slope to the Dark Side than a Roaring Rampage of Revenge triggered by Elliot getting murdered.

Maybe he knows exactly what Tedd's "dangerous rarity" is about and is trying to manipulate it.

Well, Pandora knows as well or at the very least knows there's something special about Tedd because of her one-sided "conversation" with Luke about warning him not to look at Tedd with his ability. I'm not sure if any other Immortals are aware of it, if they are, they don't seem concerned.

I am wondering if a plan involving a single murder might be regarded as a nonviolent solution?

At least among a certain group of immortals who may well see humans as disposable and view removing an undesirable or unneeded person the same way we would treat removing a weed from a garden.

19 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I really don't like that prick.

Yeah, Dan did a good job making this guy unlikeable. It will make his eventual (hopefully) downfall all the more satisfying.

Albeit, I must admit that his little monologue here is amusing.

I have a very bad feeling about this. This white immortal really gives me the creeps. Our only comfort is that Plan CM is apparently very complicated, so I assume there's a lot that could go wrong and it could even backfire on him. What I'm really wondering about is whether he is connected to Pandora at all. At first, it seemed like he was working independently, but now it appears that he's doing some sort of job for someone. I don't see why Pandora would hire him instead of doing things herself as she has always done. This makes me think that there's someone or something else pulling the strings. In any case, I suppose it'll take a while until we actually see his plan in action.

19 hours ago, Stature said:

Oh well, time to bring out the Pandora scanner. Still retroactively wondering why the Colonel has beef with Elliot. (Still liked calling him Colonel, though)

A, B, CM, Z. So not all immortals have morals.

Funny, I was just thinking the opposite, that the fact that he preferred a plan with "only" one murder was the first sign we'd had that this Immortal might actually have a conscience.  After all, we've seen Pandora engage in plans involving murder, too.  She tried to get Edward to kill Abraham, and she almost had Dex kill everyone in the dojo.  The white immortal has acted like a jerk, but I am not yet convinced that he'll turn out to be truly and completely evil -- there could be broader plans and/or motives we haven't seen yet.  Not my first bet, but not off the table either.

OK so The Colonel is working--more or less--on the side of the angels.  Or at least working at cross-purposes to Pandora.  But in an unprincipled manner.

But he didn't recognize Helena and Demetrius so he may not have been working with them, even though they, too, are a bit unprincipled in the way they uphold the good.  It's possible they look and/or feel sufficiently different as to fool "immortal senses" whatever those are.  While they are interested in Elliot's welfare, they don't seem interested for the reason Pandora would be.

So we have a minimum 3-sided conflict of Immortals mixed into this.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am wondering if a plan involving a single murder might be regarded as a nonviolent solution?

At least among a certain group of immortals who may well see humans as disposable and view removing an undesirable or unneeded person the same way we would treat removing a weed from a garden.

I wouldn't call jerking around a very powerful griffin and making her enraged enough to kill Elliot a "nonviolent solution". There's a pillar at the mall that needs to be repaired now because of this guy.

Yep, now it's certain that this guy is not on Pandora's side. If I had to guess, I'd say that he and some other immortals are working together to bring Pandora down because they're tired of her constantly bending the rules and trying to cause an apocalypse and junk. Elliot is clearly essential to Pandora's master plan, so killing him really would have been the easiest way to slow Pandora down and force her to think of something else. I'm guessing that by removing her players or otherwise making her plan more difficult, they're hoping that they'll make Pandora eventually lose control and break the immortals' rules in such a way that they'll finally be able to confront and stop her.

I'm also guessing that Jerry, Helena and Demetrius don't want anything to do with this guy and his lot. They probably don't even know what he's trying to do in the long run and just assume that he wants to kill Elliot for some reason. In other words, poor communication kills.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's an interesting theory. It's certainly possible, but I personally think that immortals and Lord Tedd's group are completely different sets of villains and are not working together.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This, exactly. I think the white immortal and his friends don't care about humanity much, but they still have the decendy to kill as few humans as possible while trying to stop Pandora. However, this was only their Plan A. Plan CM might cause a massive bloodbath for all we know and if that's the case, then one thing is for certain - they want to stop Pandora's apocalypse by any means necessary. I'm sure they think they're doing everything for the greater good.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:43 PM, Scotty said:

OK new theory, Pandora and Magus aren't the reason Helena and Demetrius have been following Elliot...

This guy is.

19 hours ago, Wildcat said:

He referred to Elliot as "the Pawn of Chaos," which implies Pandora.

The two are not incompatible. It's possible Helena & Demetrius are following Elliot because of Pandora & Magus plans, because of the "Kentucky Fried A-hole", and/or some other reason entirely. At the same time, "Lucifer went down to Georgia" here clearly is after Elliot because he has a mad on over Pandora and her plans.

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

I'm also guessing that Jerry, Helena and Demetrius don't want anything to do with this guy and his lot. They probably don't even know what he's trying to do in the long run and just assume that he wants to kill Elliot for some reason. In other words, poor communication kills.

Helena did something, I still think my original statement in this thread about the Colonel being the reason that Helena and Demetrius were following Elliot around in the first place is the most plausible, his connection in all this is still pretty speculative, if his reason for killing Elliot is to prevent Magus from getting back into the mortal realm, then it's possible the Colonel is the reason Magus is in his current predicament to begin with and the "pawn of chaos" remark would refer to Pandora originally aiding Magus in Ellen's creation and subsequent attempts to get her to zap Elliot.

Then again, we have no evidence that he's been around that long, Tara was only searching for Elliot for a couple months, "plan A" obviously sounds like this was the first attempt to kill Elliot. So there must be some other reason. People suggest that because he said "Pawn of Chaos" that means he's against Pandora, but Elliot isn't the only "pawn of Chaos", you have the entire main eight, Dex, Rhoda, Catalina, Luke and his friends, and lord knows how many others that Pandora has been manipulating. Why just kill only Elliot, "plan CM" implies killing more that just Elliot, but that could just be referring to the Meddling Teenagers and Ashley now, probably even Tara and Andrea if "plan CM" is attempted when the group meets up with the griffins again in 4 weeks. Still the original goal was specifically 1 murder, Elliot, why? If the Colonel isn't going to tell us, the only other ones that possibly could are also the ones with memory issues.

19 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Things changed? What makes you think Magus returning to the physical plane is NOT an important step in Pandora's plan anymore? (Just because she scared him a little? Can be part of plan.)

19 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Are you sure trying to tell Pandora there is difference is safe? I mean, I'm sure she doesn't see any.

Sure. If Pandora doesn't believe there's a difference, then my feeble attempts to convince her might convince her that I can be amusing in a not-under-attack situation. But how are you so sure she doesn't see any difference?

It's the age and clairvoyance.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

OK so The Colonel is working--more or less--on the side of the angels.

No. What angels? There doesn't seem to be any angels in EGS, although this guy might try to pretend being one.

I suppose Immortals have more side than average parliament. Remember that Jerry is not exactly on Helena and Demetrius's side ...

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Well, if stopping Pandora is really that important like the white immortal seem to think, then good communication might've killed Elliot.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
19 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Things changed? What makes you think Magus returning to the physical plane is NOT an important step in Pandora's plan anymore? (Just because she scared him a little? Can be part of plan.)

I dunno, i just get the feeling that her objectives, after the argument with Adrian, shifted. Like before it was 'causing chaos for funzies' nonsense, but after she had an actual goal.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I suppose Immortals have more side than average parliament. Remember that Jerry is not exactly on Helena and Demetrius's side ...

I'm not counting Jerry as being on anybody's side, actually.  My side count for Immortals:

1. Pandora's 
  2. Demetrius and Helena (I am SO glad my browser spellcheck knows how to spell "Demetrius")
  3. Now we have the Colonel

OK so The Colonel is working--more or less--on the side of the angels.  Or at least working at cross-purposes to Pandora.  But in an unprincipled manner.

But he didn't recognize Helena and Demetrius so he may not have been working with them, even though they, too, are a bit unprincipled in the way they uphold the good.  It's possible they look and/or feel sufficiently different as to fool "immortal senses" whatever those are.  While they are interested in Elliot's welfare, they don't seem interested for the reason Pandora would be.

If we hadn't met Jerry, I'd think all immortals are pretentious jerks that think they can do whatever they please to further their goals

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Helena did something, I still think my original statement in this thread about the Colonel being the reason that Helena and Demetrius were following Elliot around in the first place is the most plausible, his connection in all this is still pretty speculative, if his reason for killing Elliot is to prevent Magus from getting back into the mortal realm, then it's possible the Colonel is the reason Magus is in his current predicament to begin with and the "pawn of chaos" remark would refer to Pandora originally aiding Magus in Ellen's creation and subsequent attempts to get her to zap Elliot.

Then again, we have no evidence that he's been around that long, Tara was only searching for Elliot for a couple months, "plan A" obviously sounds like this was the first attempt to kill Elliot. So there must be some other reason. People suggest that because he said "Pawn of Chaos" that means he's against Pandora, but Elliot isn't the only "pawn of Chaos", you have the entire main eight, Dex, Rhoda, Catalina, Luke and his friends, and lord knows how many others that Pandora has been manipulating. Why just kill only Elliot, "plan CM" implies killing more that just Elliot, but that could just be referring to the Meddling Teenagers and Ashley now, probably even Tara and Andrea if "plan CM" is attempted when the group meets up with the griffins again in 4 weeks. Still the original goal was specifically 1 murder, Elliot, why? If the Colonel isn't going to tell us, the only other ones that possibly could are also the ones with memory issues.

It's possible that killing Eliot was intended to scare the main 8 and friends into not getting involved in the situation, or leaving.

12 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:
18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno, i just get the feeling that her objectives, after the argument with Adrian, shifted. Like before it was 'causing chaos for funzies' nonsense, but after she had an actual goal.

I think she PREDICTED Adrian's reaction and had the plan already in progress. Just like she actually predicted that Magus won't make Edward to kill Abraham. It certainly seemed she already knew exactly what to do after the argument ...

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
20 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

It still seems to me like Pandora's involvement with Magus that the whole "egg" challenge she sent to Edward was merely just Pandora wanting to have some fun because she was bored. And her current plan to "destroy the world" is a completely different goal she's set out to complete for her son. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Pandora has some expectations that Magus will be a part in this new plan.

10 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not counting Jerry as being on anybody's side, actually.  My side count for Immortals:

1. Pandora's 
  2. Demetrius and Helena (I am SO glad my browser spellcheck knows how to spell "Demetrius")
  3. Now we have the Colonel

Jerry's on Susan and Nanase's side, Nanase's involved, and Susan will be soon as well. Helena and Demetrius are trying to protect Elliot. There's a possibility of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" coming in to play because of this, I really hope to see Jerry meet Helena and Demetrius face to face.