• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Sketchbook: Thursday, April 14, 2016

Ok, I was right about Ellen being the next one to be done as a Firefly character, wrong about which character she would be, that's still worth half a cookie right? ;)

50 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

At this point the only crew members left to do are Inara, River, and Kaylee.

still hoping for Justin -> Kaylee and Elliot -> Inara, but I can see Elliot -> River happening as well. 

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Makes perfect sense for Elliot to be River.

Hmm, you know, Kaylee once referred to Mal as "Captain Tightpants", Catalina once commented that Cheerleadra should have been named Captain Tinyskirt. That should make Catalina the perfect choice for Kaylee.

Unfortunately, we need 3 males, as all the parts left to play are female. Elliot is defiantly going to be River to preserve the brother/sister thing (notice how Tedd and Grace ended up being Zoë and Wash), which means Justin is going to be either Kaylee or Inara, and one more male will play the part that Justin doesn't. Greg, most likely.

Maybe Catalina could play the part of Mr. Universe.

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

A better choice for Mr. Universe would be Charlotte if you're going outsider the main 8

It's hard to stay inside main 8 if there are more that 8 characters to cover in Firefly ...

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
13 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

A better choice for Mr. Universe would be Charlotte if you're going outsider the main 8

It's hard to stay inside main 8 if there are more that 8 characters to cover in Firefly ...

Well, you could conceivably fit 10 characters in using the main 8 thanks to Nase & Fox technically being extensions of existing characters rather than separate characters...

That might get confusing to label accurately, as the only one that has a name is Heidi, as far as I know. You could probably get away with calling the mild mannered version Jackie, since she's Heidi's opposite (Jackie & Heidi, Jekyl & Hyde? Get it?) Which leaves Goth Chick Eliot & Cat Eliot.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

To quote Spider Robinson....Boy, are you lucky, to have all that ahead of you!

Watch Firefly in shooting order, not the order in which the network aired them.  2-hour premiere movie first.

18 hours ago, Howitzer said:
18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am not familiar with Firefly.

This injustice must be corrected. TO NETFLIX!

I saw few episodes in TV, but even before that I saw Serenity the movie. Still considers Serenity to be condensed Firefly. And Netflix doesn't work here.

... wait, there are only 14 episodes? I though it has several seasons ... that explains why I wasn't able to find the next episode on TV. It ended.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... wait, there are only 14 episodes? I though it has several seasons ... that explains why I wasn't able to find the next episode on TV. It ended.

Yeah, you think Greg's reaction to the Lucky Bunny Bounty Show's cancellation was bad, people were outright baffled and pissed that Fox canned Firefly. Especially considering the competition that Firefly had on Fox was Joe Millionaire.  It seemed like Fox wanted to cash in on the reality TV genre rather that stick to something with actual storytelling.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, you think Greg's reaction to the Lucky Bunny Bounty Show's cancellation was bad, people were outright baffled and pissed that Fox canned Firefly. Especially considering the competition that Firefly had on Fox was Joe Millionaire.  It seemed like Fox wanted to cash in on the reality TV genre rather that stick to something with actual storytelling.

Still better than Crusade. But Crusade had whole B5 in the same universe.