• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Friday April 15, 2016

My best guess for Sirleck's most probable spy is Colonel Sanders pretending to be mortal. Whitey wanted Elliot dead, and Sirleck needs him alive, but this could all be part of plan "complicated mess."

My second guess is Ashley. One, she seems just too perfect for Elliot. Two, she just happened to be by the stairwell when Elliot needed to transform. Might she have been following him? Three, she has been careful to act in ways to gain people's trust, showing great control in her lack of nosiness. Has she, perhaps, been too careful?

I think that Ashley is probably the red herring, and Colonel Sanders is the spy in a dog's breakfast of a plot he doesn't like, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley really is the spy.

7 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

My best guess for Sirleck's most probable spy is Colonel Sanders pretending to be mortal. Whitey wanted Elliot dead, and Sirleck needs him alive, but this could all be part of plan "complicated mess."

My second guess is Ashley. One, she seems just too perfect for Elliot. Two, she just happened to be by the stairwell when Elliot needed to transform. Might she have been following him? Three, she has been careful to act in ways to gain people's trust, showing great control in her lack of nosiness. Has she, perhaps, been too careful?

I think that Ashley is probably the red herring, and Colonel Sanders is the spy in a dog's breakfast of a plot he doesn't like, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley really is the spy.

Didn't Dan say that such twists would have more foreshadowing than "this would be a twist"? I haven't seen anything to foreshadow any possibility that Ashley is in league with Sirleck.

1 minute ago, partner555 said:

Didn't Dan say that such twists would have more foreshadowing than "this would be a twist"? I haven't seen anything to foreshadow any possibility that Ashley is in league with Sirleck.

I donno.  The fact that Ashley has literally asked no questions of anyone when given a chance could be a clue that she already knows everything.  That said, I do feel the theory is farfetched.

1 minute ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I don't know if Gospodin Shive has said that. My best case for Ashley is my second paragraph above.

He said it in a recent Twitter post from yesterday or the day before.

Looking at the Twitter entries, I see that El Shive said that he would foreshadow some character pretending to be some other character. Note that the person on the other end of the telephone from Sirleck might not be pretending to be anyone. They could simply be an already established character acting as a spy.

I believe he would also foreshadow when a character is pretending to be something they're not. We've seen too much of Ashley's background (her interactions with Liz for instance)  and her thoughts and feelings. And nowhere has there been any indication that she's got any hidden agenda for dating Elliot. Heck, Luke's introduction had indicators that he had other motives for wanting to talk to Justin, the first time we saw Luke talking to his friends,  we thought he was part of something bad, but then it just turned out Luke and his friends are just fans of Cheerleadra. When Ashley found Elliot transformed, she initially followed him so she could talk to him about Susan, why would she be so worried about the possibility of Susan dating Bad Tom, the look Ashley had after seeing Bad Tom talking to Susan the first time was not a look of "perfect, I can use this to get close to Elliot".

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Except the phone voice specifically says the Immortals (plural) aren't watching "your boy" 24-7 anymore.

Why possess magus when Magus would be in his debt?  Sure it's a backup plan, but why *not* possess Elliot?  Win-win.

If Sirleck is considering Elliot, or anyone known to be a close friend of Elliot, as a possible next host, he's a complete idiot. There are several fairly-high-power magic users in there - just among the human teenagers, and Sirleck should be aware of a minimum of one and possibly four or more. At least two of Elliot's friends have family connections - one of them extremely obvious - to DGB and full-blown wizards, There are three Immortals involved that we know Sirleck is aware of. That's a firing squad already assembling itself; stepping in front of it and yelling FIRE! would be Darwin-Award-worthy.

So what does Sirleck want with Elliot? To get rid of Magus.

Having Magus with a possess-able body is Sirleck's goal as indicated by his response when Magus said he'd have a powerful wizard his debt. Possessing a powerful wizard would be more enticing that possessing someone who could turn into a girl, even if that girl had enhanced strength and could fly.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Having Magus with a possess-able body is Sirleck's goal as indicated by his response when Magus said he'd have a powerful wizard his debt. Possessing a powerful wizard would be more enticing that possessing someone who could turn into a girl, even if that girl had enhanced strength and could fly.

There's also the part that the number of people who knows Magus in THIS dimension can counted on one hand and you would still have a finger left. If Sirleck possesses Magus, no one would notice anything because few know he even exists and even less know what he's like.

That's just Magus though, but Magus not only looks like Elliot, but if his plan works, he'll be in Elliot's body and the number of people that know Elliot can at the very least be counted on both hands and feet, and I'm thinking that those around Elliot when Ellen zaps him will notice an immediate change in Elliot's behaviour.

44 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Wait, where did Magus in Elliot's body come from? I would have thought his revival needing a diamond-born would imply another split like the one the diamond initially caused.

Magus needs to have Ellen zap Elliot while Magus is between the two, presumably the beam would push Magus into Elliot's body. Magus would then need to touch the diamond to get split from Elliot. Magus was responsible for Ellen's creation because he made Tedd zap Elliot, I think the reason why he did that was because the TFG is Uryuom technology using a different energy type, Ellen's beam mimics the TFG beam but uses Earth based magic energy so it would be compatible with what Magus needs.

But we're talking about Magus being in spirit form at the moment, which in theory would be carried by a beam a lot easier. In the link I included in the previous post, Magus refers to Ellen's beam a a conduit, it's likely that he would intend on becoming part of the beam (hence the reason why the beam needs to hit him as well) and then be infused into Elliot.

20 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Colonel directly pretending to be mortal or "guiding" Sirleck's spy to "correct" conclusion might be possible. But I'm sure Sirleck is not aware of any immortal helping him.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

I believe he would also foreshadow when a character is pretending to be something they're not. We've seen too much of Ashley's background (her interactions with Liz for instance)  and her thoughts and feelings. And nowhere has there been any indication that she's got any hidden agenda for dating Elliot. Heck, Luke's introduction had indicators that he had other motives for wanting to talk to Justin, the first time we saw Luke talking to his friends,  we thought he was part of something bad, but then it just turned out Luke and his friends are just fans of Cheerleadra. When Ashley found Elliot transformed, she initially followed him so she could talk to him about Susan, why would she be so worried about the possibility of Susan dating Bad Tom, the look Ashley had after seeing Bad Tom talking to Susan the first time was not a look of "perfect, I can use this to get close to Elliot".

Agree. This is not "foreshadowing", this is exact opposite. If Ashley would be spy, it would mean that there were scenes in comics where Ashley actively pretended she's not despite noone except us looking.

19 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If Sirleck is considering Elliot, or anyone known to be a close friend of Elliot, as a possible next host, he's a complete idiot. There are several fairly-high-power magic users in there - just among the human teenagers, and Sirleck should be aware of a minimum of one and possibly four or more. At least two of Elliot's friends have family connections - one of them extremely obvious - to DGB and full-blown wizards, There are three Immortals involved that we know Sirleck is aware of. That's a firing squad already assembling itself; stepping in front of it and yelling FIRE! would be Darwin-Award-worthy.

And that's assuming Sirleck is not aware of Raven being around. Just entering Moperville is dangerous for Sirleck, and he doesn't seem to like personal risk.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's just Magus though, but Magus not only looks like Elliot, but if his plan works, he'll be in Elliot's body and the number of people that know Elliot can at the very least be counted on both hands and feet, and I'm thinking that those around Elliot when Ellen zaps him will notice an immediate change in Elliot's behaviour.

He will be in Elliot's body and sprinting to Dewitchery diamond, hoping he can keep margin from all those dangerous people going after him. Then he touches the diamond and leaves Elliot behind, hoping that his friends would be satisfied with un-possessed Elliot. And just when he would think he can finally rest, Sirleck will get him.

( ... possibly with diamond still near ... what will happen when Sirleck touches the diamond?)

21 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, do you also have the feeling that the information might actually be outdated? I mean, they certainly didn't watched Elliot all the time when there were guiding Andrea, but now Andrea is going home, so ...

Not necessarily, even though Tara and Andrea are gone, there's still the threat of aberrations in Moperville, so I would imagine Helena and Demetrius would try to find someone else to help deal with them. I know Immortals hate aberrations, but it also seems obsessive compulsive with Helena and Demetrius that aberrations must be destroyed when found. I wonder if Jerry has noticed the increase in aberrations in Moperville. I'm sure the Colonel is aware but I'm not surprised he doesn't seem bothered by it.

Uh ... not to underestimate number of potential vampire hunters in Moperville, but I suspect with Tara gone Helena would try to recruit MAIN EIGHT to do that. Which would keep them relatively close to Elliot.

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
22 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 4/15/2016 at 4:49 PM, hkmaly said:

BTW, do you also have the feeling that the information might actually be outdated? I mean, they certainly didn't watched Elliot all the time when there were guiding Andrea, but now Andrea is going home, so ...

Not necessarily, even though Tara and Andrea are gone, there's still the threat of aberrations in Moperville, so I would imagine Helena and Demetrius would try to find someone else to help deal with them. I know Immortals hate aberrations, but it also seems obsessive compulsive with Helena and Demetrius that aberrations must be destroyed when found. I wonder if Jerry has noticed the increase in aberrations in Moperville. I'm sure the Colonel is aware but I'm not surprised he doesn't seem bothered by it.

Uh ... not to underestimate number of potential vampire hunters in Moperville, but I suspect with Tara gone Helena would try to recruit MAIN EIGHT to do that. Which would keep them relatively close to Elliot.

Unless they already have picked someone, by 'guiding' a train engineer to reach a certain crossing a few minutes early, ensuring a certain teen who was doubting her potential would be mostly alone and see first hand a situation where that potential is needed, motivating her to train and unlock it when an upcoming family reunion gives her that opportunity.

Who says Pandora and colonel are the only ones allowed to do things in roundabouts ways?

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Helena: "Hey uh, Nanase? Sorry to bother you again after 2 years, but Elliot's in danger and we need you and Susan to help protect him"

;)

My best guess would be that Colonel Sanders, or someone informed by him is the one on the phone; but that this is directly related to Magus. If It was Magus somehow on the phone, he would not refer to Elliot as "Sirleck's boy". It would therefor make sense that it was someone aside from Magus doing the talking, and beyond introducing another new character the most likely person would be Colonel Sanders. 

This scene with Liz does make make it hard to think Ashley is a spy, as does this scene with her concerned mother's voice. I can rationalize most of Ashley's other actions and reactions as being those of a smart spy, but not those. I had forgotten them when I made my first post in this thread.

The calculator is the equivalent of a lady dropping her handkerchief in front of a gentleman. All of the ultra-goodness is an act to appeal to Elliot. Making friends with Liz is part of her infiltration. Trying to save Susan from bad Tom is part of her cover story. Heck, even briefly dating Tom could be part of her infiltration. Saving Elliot from Tara would be self-interested in that her employer needs Elliot alive. Even if that isn't strictly the case, it only shows that she isn't a monster, not that she isn't a spy. She might not even know her employer is a real monster. The book addiction could be real.

Alas, I can't see a real super-spy having trouble choosing an outfit and still living with her concerned mother. I have failed.

Everything said, Ashley still seems too perfect for Elliot.

Ashley comes off as relatively normal, if surprisingly open minded.

if anybody's impossible it's Elliot. the only reason he's not a mary sue is he has internally consistent limits, and his 'too perfect' personality and history are balanced out by his becoming a walking doormat around certain types of people.

case in point most people will never have even one amicable breakup, he's had two, and is still close with both his exes. how do you even DO that?!