• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Friday April 15, 2016

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah I couldn't find anything that specifically says the diamond was moved. It's possible that it was, but it's just as possible that it wasn't. If it was moved, either Magus saw it get moved and knows where it went, or he didn't see it and would have to rely on getting Edward to help find it.

Even if Magus saw it get moved, wouldn't telling it to main eight be too revealing?

(But yes. Unless someone finds the note I though I remember, we can't rule out that the diamond is still in same facility. Which probably raised security since last time: it got glass in windows at least on first floor and the guard got actual nightstick to supplement his flashlight.)

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(But yes. Unless someone finds the note I though I remember, we can't rule out that the diamond is still in same facility. Which probably raised security since last time: it got glass in windows at least on first floor and the guard got actual nightstick to supplement his flashlight.)

Probably cost Sirleck a little more to bribe the guard a second time too. ;)

I seem to remember Mr. Verres saying something about either security being raised, or the diamond being moved, but I can't find it either. Huh, weird.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... you're right. It is entirely possible that if Magus will omit few details like almost making Edward kill Abraham then main eight will actually try to help him. Although convincing Mr. Verres will be crucial: I doubt the main eight would be able to find the Diamond again on their own.

What? When did this happen? Did we even read the same comic? Magus never even came near to making Edward do that. He flat out refused to do it even when Pandora threatened him. Under terrible pressure and in what amounts to indefinite solitary confinement he retained enough integrity to say, "Blow that." If anything, that moment was what sealed the deal for me and convinced me that Magus was not and never would be a villain -- just desperate and with very very few options left to him in what he could do.

I think it was the fact that making Edward kill Abraham was an option that Magus could have taken is what hkmaly is referring to, but yeah the fact that he didn't even hesitate to consider it say a lot about him. Magus may be desperate to get his body back, but he's not willing to kill for it, even if the person he could have killed may end up causing him trouble later.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think it was the fact that making Edward kill Abraham was an option that Magus could have taken is what hkmaly is referring to

Yes.

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Under terrible pressure and in what amounts to indefinite solitary confinement he retained enough integrity to say, "Blow that." If anything, that moment was what sealed the deal for me and convinced me that Magus was not and never would be a villain -- just desperate and with very very few options left to him in what he could do.

While convincing for us, I don't think it would be good idea trying to explain it to Edward. Especially considering that he will not be able to prove than he didn't "helped" making him angry enough to be fired.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While convincing for us, I don't think it would be good idea trying to explain it to Edward. Especially considering that he will not be able to prove than he didn't "helped" making him angry enough to be fired.

Yeah, no. Mr. Verres arrived angry enough to attack and badly injure a man who had already surrendered and been taken into custody. You are presupposing that Magus had shadowed him all the way from where he got the news, manipulated him into that stage of rage, and then stopped -- and on top of that, that this level of rage would not register as completely out of character for his friends and employees. I am not buying it. They did say "What the Hell, Verres?" but they still accepted it as him. They are not idiots. They must know what he is like when he is angry from previous experience.

19 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
On 04/19/2016 at 0:35 AM, hkmaly said:

Yeah, no. Mr. Verres arrived angry enough to attack and badly injure a man who had already surrendered and been taken into custody. You are presupposing that Magus had shadowed him all the way from where he got the news, manipulated him into that stage of rage, and then stopped -- and on top of that, that this level of rage would not register as completely out of character for his friends and employees. I am not buying it. They did say "What the Hell, Verres?" but they still accepted it as him. They are not idiots. They must know what he is like when he is angry from previous experience.

No I don't. Read what I wrote. I'm saying that Magus will not be able to PROVE that he didn't do it. Of course we know it was not his fault, mainly because we SAW where he was and what he were doing. But Verres didn't saw that, and admitting that he has ability to amplify emotions may easily result in suspicion ...

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

No I don't. Read what I wrote. I'm saying that Magus will not be able to PROVE that he didn't do it. Of course we know it was not his fault, mainly because we SAW where he was and what he were doing. But Verres didn't saw that, and admitting that he has ability to amplify emotions may easily result in suspicion ...

I still don't agree. That would be the act of a man seeking to blame someone else for his own actions, fully along the lines of "The Devil made me do it", and I have a far higher opinion of Mr. Verres than that. If anyone knows the power of Mr. Verres' temper, it is Mr. Verres himself. I think he has enough self-honesty to not do that.

20 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I still don't agree. That would be the act of a man seeking to blame someone else for his own actions, fully along the lines of "The Devil made me do it", and I have a far higher opinion of Mr. Verres than that. If anyone knows the power of Mr. Verres' temper, it is Mr. Verres himself. I think he has enough self-honesty to not do that.

I can see *Tedd*, or possibly Ellen, jumping to that conclusion.  If Mr. Verres isn't there to set them straight, it could become a source of suspicion and distrust.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I can see *Tedd*, or possibly Ellen, jumping to that conclusion.  If Mr. Verres isn't there to set them straight, it could become a source of suspicion and distrust.

To be fair, they would have plenty of other reasons to distrust him as well. I imagine Ellen would not be best pleased should she learn that the whole reason for her existence is that Magus was perpetrating a complicated plot to escape the Phantom Zone...

Yeah, if a "surge of emotion" came up, then either Tedd or Elliot could come up with the old "testosterone rush" theory about why Tedd zapped Elliot.  Then either Tedd or Ellen could recall how out-of-character (to them) Mr. Verres was acting when he showed up and blasted Abraham....."so...many...conclusions...."

I'm not sure why they'd suspect him of it in the first place, even if he told them everything. Mr. Verres arrived hot and gradually got calmer. If anything, they might think that Magus had gone out of his way to calm him, and declined to take credit.

There's also the fact that in both cases of Magus amplifying emotions, there's been a side effect of dizziness and no memory of the incident.

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

My angle is that I don't think he have that much experience of being this angry. Also, the "devil made me do it" excuse would sound much less crazy if you would KNOW that the devil exists and is really making people do things. Like Pandora in case of Dex.

I'm not surprised you don't agree. I just wanted to correct your assumptions about my assumptions.

18 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

True: it would be more likely for others to suspect this.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

There's also the fact that in both cases of Magus amplifying emotions, there's been a side effect of dizziness and no memory of the incident.

Sooo ... if he tells them about both of those cases, which may not be best idea itself, and they will manage to remember how that happened, which they may not, and if Edward confirms that no dizziness and memory lost occurred in his case, it would be argument for why he didn't do it, but still not proof, as the sideeffects may only happen sometimes.

It's much easier to get to the correct conclusion from our point that from within the story.

Also, Magus may want to play it safe instead of risking the bet on honesty.

Yes, I agree he would probably leave some things out. Mainly, association with Sirleck. That seems more likely to hit the level of 'don't mention' than any emotional shoves he never made would.