• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

2 hours ago, Red Regent said:

This statement from a Facebook post:

"So the next Olympics is going to be set in Japan. Well, I'm sure that the games will take a long time to finish; all of the athletes will be having flashbacks before they start playing!"

Wait, doesn't the media already do the flashbacks for the athletes?

2 hours ago, Red Regent said:

This statement from a Facebook post:

"So the next Olympics is going to be set in Japan. Well, I'm sure that the games will take a long time to finish; all of the athletes will be having flashbacks before they start playing!"

The flashbacks are called "NBC Feature Stories." Used to be called "Up Close and Personal" when ABC did the Olympics.

While I was watching a review of Angels of America just after watching another review of Gerry (which the content creator said was an artistic tribute to video games), I noticed this:

Crw1Q-0UsAAYdp3.jpg

What's more amusing is that the twitter thing happened again, since I tweeted this same image to Kyle Kalgreen, and he retweeted it saying it was the "Play of the Game"

On September 9, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sign in the restaurant.

"IF YOU ARE DRINKING TO FORGET, PLEASE PAY IN ADVANCE."

Sign in a shop: "Unattended children will be given espresso and a free puppy"

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm not going to spoil why they are doing this, but yeah, the last few days if "The Whiteboard" have been pretty good.

<spoilers>Team Cara for the win!

autotwb2190.png

Roger must still be upgrading the RAID on the jukebox</spoilers>

Sorry, but I think that very much counts as a spoiler for anyone who's been following the story but is a couple of strips behind.  It was not hard for me to guess what inspired those looks.  Please, when in doubt, use spoiler tags!

I know that Monday is the comedic "talk like a pirate" day, so I'm declaring today as "talk like a modern pirate day"

Waxaan leeyahay hub badan . Baryayaaye, i sii qiimaha leh oo dhan.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Waxaan leeyahay hub badan . Baryayaaye, i sii qiimaha leh oo dhan.

I have a lot of weapons . Please give me all the valuables .

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

"Fortunately, buckshot is universally accepted currency." -- Gordon Freeman, Freeman's Mind

Buckshot is also a negative currency, since people will pay you to not give it to them.

22 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

I'm not sure how a Bard crit-failing would lead to that.

I love crit fails. They lead to the most hilarious situations. I remember when one of the players in our online D&D game had the brilliant idea of trying to intimidate the chieftains of the united Orc tribes into participating in an attack on the local Lich Queen. He rolled a crit fail.

The 'diplomats' sent to negotiate had to leave very, very quickly at that point, dozens of angry elite Orc warriors baying on their tails. And we did not get much help from the Orcs in the subsequent battle against the Lich Queen.

My latest bank statement amuses me. Due to the way it employs abbreviations, it states that Christ just withdrew about a hundred dollars from my account.

(I don't really mind. Guy has an impossible job and he is supposed to do charity anyway.)

The local public radio station gives thanks to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation fairly regularly.  Now, I'm not so juvenile as to find that name amusing on its own, but every time I hear it, I am reminded of fond memories of the days of newsgroups, reading rec.arts.startrek.  A guy who'd post there was named Brian Woodcock, and his .sig file at the end of each post declared, "Yes, splinterlips, that *is* my real name!"