• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I want a rocket launcher that shoots flaming chainsaws.

This sort of creative weaponry has always been a favourite topic of my gaming friends. One of my favourites happened the time when, purely by coincidence and in the middle of a large and chaotic combat, a Silence spell, a Darkness spell and a Blade Barrier got plopped down in the same area. As a result, those who charged into the Darkness got minced by the Barrier but due to the Silence spell no-one heard either any death screams or yells of warning. And due to the tactical situation, a lot of NPCs and PCs managed to charge through the 'Darkness' in that combat...

Former head coach for the US Men's National Soccer Team, Bruce Arena, has just been rehired for that position.

The team isn't doing well?  Fire the Coach.
The team still isn't doing well?  Fire the new coach, rehire the old coach.

He is not the coach who will lead the team to a dozen world cup titles.  But in a way, that doesn't matter.  Even if he somehow became the most successful Soccer coach ever, they will never name a stadium for him.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

He is not the coach who will lead the team to a dozen world cup titles.  But in a way, that doesn't matter.  Even if he somehow became the most successful Soccer coach ever, they will never name a stadium for him.

Why not? My wife had a hospital simulator computer game where the hospital was named the Legacy Memorial. We could have an Arena Stadium.

There is a legend that when the US entered WWII, Congress was debating the creation of a rank above General (four star).  In many armies, the rank above full general is Marshal.  At the time the US Army Chief of staff was General John Marshal and he made it clear to everyone who would listen that he did not want to be called Marshal Marshal.  Thus we wound up with the five star General of the Army.

Were-hares that know kick boxing  and were honey badgers that don't give a fork.  Please to note that Clover, the were-honey badger, in panel one, got stabbed with poison that seems to effect were creatures, while still in human form.  Her response?  Pause, light a cigarette, change to hybrid form, then rip the manikin/golems head off.

On November 23, 2016 at 0:31 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Former head coach for the US Men's National Soccer Team, Bruce Arena, has just been rehired for that position.....Even if he somehow became the most successful Soccer coach ever, they will never name a stadium for him.

On November 23, 2016 at 1:06 AM, The Old Hack said:

Why not? My wife had a hospital simulator computer game where the hospital was named the Legacy Memorial. We could have an Arena Stadium.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:

Why not the repetitively-named Arena Arena? :D

The vet school I graduated from had a vet who was a fantastic teacher, administrator, fund-raiser, and alumni liaison.  He knew everyone by name, from new students to long-past graduates, and everyone knew Dr. Erwin Small.  It was a running gag to tell new students that the Small Animal Hospital was named after him.

14 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

The vet school I graduated from had a vet who was a fantastic teacher, administrator, fund-raiser, and alumni liaison.  He knew everyone by name, from new students to long-past graduates, and everyone knew Dr. Erwin Small.  It was a running gag to tell new students that the Small Animal Hospital was named after him.

Reminds me of the at the time director of research at the Danish Nuclear Test Station, Dr. Hiller. Someone had the bad idea of running an annual report from the station through a spell checker and just hitting 'Confirm' to everything found. As a result, the hapless director's name was spelled 'Hitler' throughout the report. He was not pleased.

Why I love Jeremy Clarkson, part XXVII or so.

What Leonardo DiCaprio needs is a good woman with child-bearing hips who will take care of him. But what he chooses instead is an endless succession of stick-thin underwear models.

Context for this quote is in a review of the best cars that Jeremy has driven in 2016.  Because, of course it goes there.  For reasons.

More things I find amusing. -- The Hothouse Flowers released "I can see clearly now" 16 years ago.  They played live as part of the freaking epic intro to the first episode of  The Grand Tour.  Two days later it was the #1 seller on iTunes UK.

On 11/30/2016 at 1:00 PM, mlooney said:

More things I find amusing. -- The Hothouse Flowers released "I can see clearly now" 16 years ago.  They played live as part of the freaking epic intro to the first episode of  The Grand Tour.  Two days later it was the #1 seller on iTunes UK.

I thought that song was older, like early 1980s. It certainly seemed to have been around in my childhood BEFORE 1990 . . .

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Johnny Nash wrote and released the song back in 1972.

Yes, I am aware of that. The Hothouse Flowers released a cover 16 years ago.

I've mentioned it before, but the radio at work seems to have a sense of humor, or at least irony.  I was performing a euthanasia this morning, and realized the radio was playing "...won't always be there, so love me when I'm gone, when I'm gone..."

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I've mentioned it before, but the radio at work seems to have a sense of humor, or at least irony.  I was performing a euthanasia this morning, and realized the radio was playing "...won't always be there, so love me when I'm gone, when I'm gone..."

How very saddening.

Should I have the USGS Earthquake web site handy for when they play "And the walls come tumbling down" or "Shake, Rattle and Roll"?

Hmm, maybe there's a reason certain techs won't let me play Christmas music untl Christmas Eve....

31 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, maybe there's a reason certain techs won't let me play Christmas music untl Christmas Eve....

Welcome the Looney "It's not Christmas yet" rant.  Given that I'm not on Facebook right now, I'm not going to get as many times to use it as normal, so you get it today...

Maybe it's because they are Christians that belong to and follow a liturgical tradition?  We are in "Advent" right now.  The colors you should be showing are not Red and Green, but Purple and White1.  You should not be playing Christmas carols, but Advent hymns.   Here is a nice list from an Anglican/Episcopal point of view.  You can, of course, use the 1st 3 scenes of Handel's Messiah as well.

1Other than the 3rd Sunday in Advent, Dec 11th2 this year, when the colors are Pink and White

2Unrelated fun fact, my birthday.