• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

I once heard a news report about a friend of mine who had been stabbed in a fight.  And there was no information beyond that.

I began to drive up to the campus where he was.  When I turned on the radio, it was James Brown singing I Feel Good.

Yes, my friend got back to the campus from the ER about an hour after I got there.  He was just a little angry, but otherwise OK.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:28 PM, Scotty said:

Today's Grrl Power, new characters just keep showing up, and Sydney's right, why isn't she on Arc-Swat?!?! She totally seems like someone Sydney can chum with.

Also, Konami Code all the way!

As per today's page no one asked, she's not a super, she's a member of Semper Vigilantus (the Shadow Council's equivalent to the FBI), and she feels she's not especially brave. I would have to disagree with her on the last item as her actions so far would indicate otherwise. She might get scared but she isn't just running (though though it wouldn't be an unreasonable response to the situation), she clearly isn't panicking. She is standing her ground and doing what she needs to as well as she can despite it being a scary and difficult situation. That and she's clearly isn't afraid to prank a vampire.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:34 PM, mlooney said:

The Dave Barry 2016 "Gift" guide is out.
Try to guess which of the items listed in this wonderful gift guide are ones I might buy for my self.  Note, I do not own a dog at this time.

TV Viewing Beer Mug

1 hour ago, PSadlon said:

TV Viewing Beer Mug

Don't own a TV and don't normally drink beer...

1 hour ago, PSadlon said:

That and she's clearly isn't afraid to prank a vampire.

Not any vampire, but a Germanic blonde vampire with a sword and a desire to use it.

Well only the TV thing should present a problem there, as you can drink other things from a mug (I don't normal drink much actual beer myself but I'm fond of Sarsaparilla, Root Beer and Birch Beer). That said I'd imagine alcohol could only make living in state like Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas more tolerable. ;p If it's not the mug and you don't currently own a dog, I can only imagine it's  the pizza pouch or strap-on tail.

Also, even without the Germanic blonde with a sword and a desire to use it part, it a pretty ballsy move, with it just emphasizes the fact.

43 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

If it's not the mug and you don't currently own a dog, I can only imagine it's  the pizza pouch or strap-on tail.

The tail is high on the list, but the breakfast cereal takes the prize.  Might fix a few side effects of my drugs.  In my personal experience all psychoactive drugs that work result in you living on the edges of the Bristol stool scale. Normally the lower numbers.

51 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Please to note that is was Denmark that came up with the idea of NOT using English kings on Scandinavian coins. 

Counterfeiting coins can be risky.  You can easily end up using purer gold or silver than the mints that struck the original coins.  For example, the silver penny of Henry VIII was mostly copper.  This made it look like the King had a red nose when the silver would rub off.

To be fair, Henry VIII had problems that went beyond devalued coinage.

It's a bit hard to use purer gold than the originals, given that before the 19th century, every known element which was denser than gold was also more expensive than gold. Thus, any coin containing excess gold would also be denser than the reference coin.

But if the "genuine" coin is gold plate on a lead slug, and you're counterfeiting it with gold diluted by some lighter metal, you'll need more gold to get the same weight.

(In a rather different context I once read of someone using a gold/silver alloy to counterfeit a cheaper silver-colored metal... the purpose was to smuggle the gold across borders.)

December 20th, 2016.  A date for history.
 Some one called Doc something other than Doc or his full name.

autotwb2257.png

Edited by mlooney
Not 2017 yet

To be short Morty is short for Mortimer (his first name) but anything other than Doc is rare and I can only remember his full name being used and used a couple time at most.

Just now, mlooney said:

Oh, yeah, no questions.  Swampy is just your average butt monkey dude.

I think one of my best-loved strips with Roger is the one where he is getting bandaged up after yet another incident with the Do Not Push button. And Doc tells him, "Maybe you should stop pushing that button." And poor Roger howls, "I CAN'T!"

8 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I think one of my best-loved strips with Roger is the one where he is getting bandaged up after yet another incident with the Do Not Push button. And Doc tells him, "Maybe you should stop pushing that button." And poor Roger howls, "I CAN'T!"

The whole button thing is great.  You know that one of the button pushes made the strip into color and back dated the color like 100 strips or so.  And of course there is a EGS crossover in there as well.  Well, Roger became female!Roger after one push.  I assume that Tedd or Ellen zapped him when he pushed the button.  That's my head canon and I'm sticking to it.