• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Um, so what is he "doing wrong" in this scene?

He's supposed to be just running to a bunker, not doing a song and dance number with a top hat and cane.

The Plan:
autotwb1805.png

The "Doing it wrong"

autotwb1818.png

Just now, mlooney said:

He's supposed to be just running to a bunker, not doing a song and dance number with a top hat and cane.

The Plan:
autotwb1805.png

The "Doing it wrong"

autotwb1818.png

I dunno, I think I'm with Swampy here, if he can go tip-toeing through the tulips and still not get hit, he can't be the one at fault.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I dunno, I think I'm with Swampy here, if he can go tip-toeing through the tulips and still not get hit, he can't be the one at fault.

Oh I agree with you there, it's the top hat, cane, dance pose and ha cha cha bit I find funny.

42 minutes ago, Zorua said:

So my mom made the mistake of inviting me to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit... 

Did she surprise you or something?

I ask because my parents saw the original trilogy back when it was first shown in theaters, though they haven't seen 1-3 and 7.

My son once asked Mrs. Prof and me to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, back when he was still in high school (I think) and a total Star Wars geek. He was absolutely sure he'd win.

I gave him the absolute ass-whoopin' he deserved. ;)

You should have seen the look on his face when I won. It was priceless.

March Madness (again). I want less upsets this year, darnit.

20 hours ago, ijuin said:

Heh. Teenagers so often think that their parents don't know anything about "cool" stuff.

That depends on who stays cool, and who tries to be cool.

3 minutes ago, Stature said:

That depends on who stays cool, and who tries to be cool.

Trying to stay cool can cause poor life choices.

47 minutes ago, Stature said:

I disagree.

The best thing about the tournament format is that every game is someone's last game.  No matter how much better one team should  be, anyone can have a bad game and anyone can have a great game.

Unless the team you pick to win the whole thing is upset in the first round by Mulligan State University.

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

Depends on how you're trying to stay "cool."

This true, but within my family, other than my youngest niece, trying to stay cool has been problematic.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:
12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Trying to stay cool can cause poor life choices.

Depends on how you're trying to stay "cool."

Well, right now, I can open a window. it's currently -10C with a windchill making it feel like -18C. I'd say opening a window would be a poor life choice right now. ;)

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, right now, I can open a window. it's currently -10C with a windchill making it feel like -18C. I'd say opening a window would be a poor life choice right now. ;)

Can't fault your logic there dude.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Baseball and Pi

Just another of my pet peeves.  If you say "what are the chances of X" of something that did, in fact, happen, the answer is "unity," because it did, in fact, happen.  The question should be "who would have guessed X" or "I would have said the odds were against this," or something else indicating that the question or statement about odds was in the past tense.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just another of my pet peeves.  If you say "what are the chances of X" of something that did, in fact, happen, the answer is "unity," because it did, in fact, happen.  The question should be "who would have guessed X" or "I would have said the odds were against this," or something else indicating that the question or statement about odds was in the past tense.

I disagree.  If I were to flip a coin five times, getting heads each time, and exclaim, "What are the chances of that?" the answer would be easily calculated as 3.125%.  The reason "chances of that" isn't appropriate here is because it's clearly a contrived situation rather than a crazy random happenstance.  The odds of it happening at random are infinitessimal compared to the chance that someone deliberately created the image, which is not possible to calculate mathematically.

7 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

If I were to flip a coin five times, getting heads each time, and exclaim, "What are the chances of that?"

No, it happened. Therefore the chance of that incidence is unity.  The expected odds and what happens are not the same.  Once you collapse the wave function, the expected odds have no bearing on reality.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Also, while the odds of the team having enough player numbers to fill out Pi to that many decimal places are low, I'm pretty certain the placement of the players didn't just happen by accident. I just posted it because I thought it was amusing the team went to the trouble of lining up that way.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I just posted it because I thought it was amusing the team went to the trouble of lining up that way.

That is true, and somewhat awesome of the team to do that.  The players (or their manager or PR person) aren't who I have a problem with; it's the "what are the odds" people.  Given that you can assume they (the players) did that on purpose, that is another thing that raises the odds to unity.