• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So apparently my headcanon is that Ms "I don't have a name yet, maybe Suzi?" NPC talks with a cockney accent, was that your intention? :D

Sorta.  Aiming for The Moon is a Harsh Mistress pseudo-Australian.

2 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Okay so where does this fall?

Well, he seems not to have been salvaged but does appear to have the results of someone else being salvaged.  I think that make him part of the grey market.

Also, the idea of waking up in that bathtub, filled that way?  Pure 100% Nightmare Fuel

On 5/16/2017 at 2:22 PM, mlooney said:

So, Ms "I don't have a name yet, maybe Suzi?" NPC is talking to the player about looting and salvaging and why salvaging takes longer.

Her name is Bonnie, for the famous pirate pair of Mary Reade and Anne Bonney.

Your next NPCs shall be named Ginger, Wilberforce, Teddie/Teddy, Maizie, Nicholas, Chuck, and Lee Anne.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Her name is Bonnie, for the famous pirate pair of Mary Reade and Anne Bonney.

Your next NPCs shall be named Ginger, Wilberforce, Teddie/Teddy, Maizie, Nicholas, Chuck, and Lee Anne.

Right after I posted that I remembered that I wanted to have an NPC that passed a particular sort of test.

Everyone, meet Maria Suzanne Spieler.  That's right, Mary Sue, the Player.  She goes by Suzi most of the time.

I'll keep your names in mind for the rest of the crew.

at 20:55, May 18:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
 at 20:57, May 18:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes and 23 seconds. Thank you for your patience.
 at 20:59, May 18:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes and 23 seconds. Thank you for your patience.
 at 21:01, May 18:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 4 minutes and 14 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

21:53, May 18:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 0 minutes and 30 seconds. Thank you for your patience.

Three minutes and 23 seconds is just about at the one hour mark.  I would have left already but I'm kind of curious whether they'll actually pick up eventually.

And the crowning glory, the piece de resistance, the final insult....

21:55, May 18:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 0 minutes and 30 seconds. Thank you for your patience.
 at 21:57, May 18:
There are currently no agents available to chat. Please try again soon.

Guess they have too much money and need to annoy any more potential customers into going away!  Seriously, at least be honest about whether you'll get to talk to someone!

18 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Three minutes and 23 seconds is just about at the one hour mark.  I would have left already but I'm kind of curious whether they'll actually pick up eventually.

For total chaos, imagine 'All agents are currently assisting one another. One will be available to assist you as soon as they have broken free of their current endless loop.'

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

For total chaos, imagine 'All agents are currently assisting one another. One will be available to assist you as soon as they have broken free of their current endless loop.'

Thanks.  Now next time I call up or try to chat with customer service, I'll be picturing the agent orgy going on while I'm on hold!

Just for the record, way back in the day when I wrote voicemail applications and other IVR sort of things, VSSI never wrote one of those types of frontends, I know I can say without any question it's Not My Fault.

I have to remind family members of this from time to time.

Early prepaid cell phones?  Maybe

Cell phone voice mail as in leave a message?  Highly likely 20 or so years ago.

Small phone company's land line voice mail user option?  Near unity, in the 1990-2005 time frame.

Voice mail with a pager?  Again, near unity of that one.

autotwb2372.png

It's amazing how Jinx can be so mature that Doc is comfortable leaving him in charge of the shop, yet so innocent when it comes to relationships and the things Swampy and Sandy do in the closet. ;)

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

autotwb2372.png

It's amazing how Jinx can be so mature that Doc is comfortable leaving him in charge of the shop, yet so innocent when it comes to relationships and the things Swampy and Sandy do in the closet. ;)

I personally think that Sandy and Swampy are kind of unusual. In fact, they are the only heterosexuals I know of that keep themselves closeted.

On 4/8/2017 at 11:39 AM, mlooney said:

Of course like most double ended weapons, the Bat'leth is rather silly.  Weapons that you hold at that center of mass mean that you are going to smack it into your self.  Yes, I know there are methods of using it so you don't, but some one with a traditional sword of the same length is going to out range the Bat'leth user by several feet.  And let's not even get into the range advantage some one that uses a pointy bit as it's offensive end.  Some one with a rapier would nail a Bat'leth user before they could get their first "Your mother has a smooth forehead" off.

And, yes, I've seen some one that claimed he was a "master" of a Bat'leth vs a middle of the road SCA light weapon user "spar".  If spar is what you call a fencer using a fanboi as a moving target.

Okay, so this is really old…

Reminds me of the argument I had about this yeeears ago back on StarDestroyer.net. Jeez. Looking for that has reminded me why I left.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

For this trick, I need a special keyboard and at least one extra hand.  And sorry, some of you might have to leave the internet for a while.

I honestly did not know that Ctrl-F5 trick. Useful for debugging HTML.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I honestly did not know that Ctrl-F5 trick. Useful for debugging HTML.

That depends on how you have the "advanced" setting set on you browser, of course.  Back when I gave a damn about a select set of web sites, I had my browsers1 set to "do not cache, anything, any time, any where".  Drove other people nuts when they tried to, oh, play a youtube video on my machine.  You didn't get a video as much as a slide show.  The Pointy Haired Owner once told me to turn the cache back on because I was using another machine to watch some mandatory "training" videos.  When I explained why, he grunted.  Next day I fond I had a 2nd machine on my desk and a note attached that I was not to muck with the settings on it.  Of course it was a G4 iMac, so it wasn't that big of a win.

1I had every browser that would run on OSX Tiger loaded on that machine.  Something like 15.  And another dozen or so in virtual windows machines.  Ah, good time.  No, wait, not good.  Strike that.

I finally found something my smartphone couldn't do and for some reason I find that ridiculously amusing. I was walking home this evening and met a guy who asked me for a light for his cigarette. I reflexively reached for my iPhone, then thought 'duh' and told him sorry but I couldn't help him.

Of course, now I have put this on the Internet, I am not sure I have the nerve to bet that there won't be a lighter in some coming generation of smartphone. I doubt it, admittedly. But I wouldn't like to guarantee it. :icon_eek:

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I finally found something my smartphone couldn't do and for some reason I find that ridiculously amusing. I was walking home this evening and met a guy who asked me for a light for his cigarette. I reflexively reached for my iPhone, then thought 'duh' and told him sorry but I couldn't help him.

Of course, now I have put this on the Internet, I am not sure I have the nerve to bet that there won't be a lighter in some coming generation of smartphone. I doubt it, admittedly. But I wouldn't like to guarantee it. :icon_eek:

Not so much the iphone itself having a lighter built in, but you can get an iphone case that does. also has a bottle opener.

http://worldofnovelty.com/built-in-cigarette-lighterbottle-opener-iphone-case/