• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

A thread for sharing jokes, humorous situations or comments from real life, amything you find amusing.

Please try to keep it light-hearted in general -- we want to be amused here, not depressed. ;-)

Went to an event last weekend where a friend of the organizer posted on Facebook that she'd be wearing a Doctor Who T-shirt she knew she'd like.  Well, there must have been a couple hundred Doctor Who T-shirts at the event!  Including on me.  That's what you get when you tell everyone in the Facebook group what the event organizer is into, and everyone wants in on the gag! 

I saw a trio of ducks outside my townhouse this afternoon, two drakes and a hen.  The drakes didn't appear to be fighting or trying to edge the other out, they were just walking in a triangle, the boys leading the way almost side by side, the girl following close behind.  I couldn't help but think a cheery, "You go, girl!"

Which reminds me....why does a chicken coop have two doors?

Because if it had four doors, it would be a chicken sedan!

Several years ago, at the dinner table, when my mother told my little sister to have more veggies, my little sister complained saying she took as much as I did. The fun part is where my mom told my dad to also have more veggies, he said the exact same thing my sister did. It never fails to amuse me when I remember that.

When Mrs. Prof and I were dating in college, back in '81 or '82, she stumbled in a way that made both of us laugh every time it's brought up.

The two of us were walking through her co-op's parking lot when she caught her foot on something and fell. I was scared to death for her, but she didn't have a scratch on her. Neither of us knew what she caught her foot on that caused her to fall, but then we both realized how she fell. She went from vertical to horizontal in one movement. Didn't put out her hands to stop, didn't try and roll, nothing—she just froze and fell like a tree in the forest. We both laughed loud and long over it, and we laugh about it whenever we tell the story to this day.

Well, I guess I don't have to ask whether anyone else watches Game of Thrones!

Ever listen to the Nerdette recap podcasts?  That's my favorite, although I also listen to "A Storm of Spoilers" "A Podcast of Ice and Fire" and "A Cast of Kings" are also good to listen to while driving or walking the dog.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, I guess I don't have to ask whether anyone else watches Game of Thrones!

Ever listen to the Nerdette recap podcasts?  That's my favorite, although I also listen to "A Storm of Spoilers" "A Podcast of Ice and Fire" and "A Cast of Kings" are also good to listen to while driving or walking the dog.

Actually, I don't watch it. haven't read the books either, my mom does though, plus I hear it reference a lot so I have a general idea who Jon Snow is, and so I thought the mashup up Jon Snow and the band Snow Patrol was amusing.

Yesterday, my colleague and I were joking about William, and how he always communicates via letters unless we ask for emails. Not that we liked receiving emails or any other form of communication from him either.

If you don't get the joke, I'll explain if asked.

I'm not sure if this goes here or in things that make you worried.

I sorta want to take the 1928 Book of Common Prayer and convert the 1st and 2nd lessons to the lolcat Bible versions.  And do it daily as a blog feeding into the book of faces.

It's possible that this is an idea caused by sleep deprivation.

I almost put this in "All things Ashley, but decided that just because my cat's name is Ashley that would be pushing it.

We got Ashley as an adult stray.  She hasn't been exposed to kids after we took her in, 11 or 12 years ago. I don't know what her life was before we rescued her, but it didn't seem to involve children.  Or maybe it did and it was a bad thing for her.  Either way, she's dealing with them right out side her window now. There is some where between 2 and 20 kids playing in the court yard between the apartment building.  Being loud, but not too loud, just, you know kids playing out side.  Tag it sounds like.  Sort of comforting to listen to, in a weird sort of way.  At least to me.  To Ashley, not so much.  I've seen her have less of a reaction to being in the same yard with a semi trained German Sheppard that was trying to chase her down.   It's sort of funny watching her freak out and go run and hide in the bathroom closet, that being as far from the windows as she can get.  I go get her, pet her and give her some milk and she calms down for an hour or so.  Then it's back to hiding in my shirts.  I know it's not her just trying to get milk, she more or less gets that on demand if I walk into the kitchen nook and she's awake.

Yesterday, I went into the bank to deposit a cheque, and the lady there showed me how to do it with a Smart ATM. Impressed, I asked if all of the bank's ATMs could do it and she replied:

"Only if it says Smart ATM. If it says Dumb ATM, no it can't".

9 hours ago, partner555 said:

Yesterday, I went into the bank to deposit a cheque, and the lady there showed me how to do it with a Smart ATM. Impressed, I asked if all of the bank's ATMs could do it and she replied:

"Only if it says Smart ATM. If it says Dumb ATM, no it can't".

I refer to my current cell as an "average phone."  It's got a little 2-3cm screen, not touch, and a slide-out keyboard, and can theoretically go online, so it's not a dumb phone (like those simplified models marketed to the elderly and technophobes), but it definitely isn't anywhere near a smartphone, either.

The highlight of tonight's Family Feud:

Grant Denyer: Name a sport in which animals compete.

Contestant: Duck shooting?

On 11/08/2016 at 9:46 PM, mlooney said:

Effective, oh, July 14th +/- one strip, the odds of a Grrl Power/El Goonish Shive cross over series just went up about 200%

You volunteering?

Doc ODs on caffeine (link is to the start of a story line)
One of the best slapstick comic series done. Yes, 1/2(mass × velocity2) is a harsh mistress.
I must have read that whole series of strips at least a dozen times. It makes me giggle even when I am in a bad way.

This statement from a Facebook post:

"So the next Olympics is going to be set in Japan. Well, I'm sure that the games will take a long time to finish; all of the athletes will be having flashbacks before they start playing!"