• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

I was about to start a game of Civilisation 4. I opened the start menu and for some reason read the first option as 'Single Payer' instead of 'Single Player.'

Then I shut the game down again. It comes to something when you can't play a simple game of global conquest over the centuries without it getting politicised. :demonicduck:

Translation devices never cease to amaze me. Twitter has an exceptionally talented one.

I received a tweet that was basically a mocking comment on a previous one. It went something like, "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *gasp for breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."

At the bottom of the tweet, Twitter kindly offered, "Translate from Filipino."

To think that I could have gone my whole life without knowing that that was actually Filipino. I am truly blessed. :icon_eek:

The Whiteboard.   If you checked it this week end, you know that there is going to be an "Action Filled" story line "With Lasers and Robots" after Doc's date night story line is done.

autotwb2426.png

Notice the red line in middle panel armed with that bit of information.

Just now, mlooney said:

The Whiteboard.   If you checked it this week end, you know that there is going to be an "Action Filled" story line "With Lasers and Robots" after Doc's date night story line is done.

autotwb2426.png

Notice the red line in middle panel armed with that bit of information.

My guess? Swampy found an alternate method of opening that door. ;)

I'm gonna need some verification here, I was just hitting "like" on the last 3 posts here and could have swore I saw the word "seconded" flash by the cursor when I clicked one.

Anyone else notice that or am I just seeing things? Would certainly be amusing if true.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm gonna need some verification here, I was just hitting "like" on the last 3 posts here and could have swore I saw the word "seconded" flash by the cursor when I clicked one.

Anyone else notice that or am I just seeing things? Would certainly be amusing if true.

Well, I tried it and didn't see anything, but then, I'm on my iPad, so that might work differently.

autotwb2445.png

Good luck Doc.

Speaking of sports, TSN (The Sports Network up here in Canada) has apparently started doing Monty Pythonesque routines with the return of Jay and Dan who'd spent the past few years working for Fox Sports.

http://www.tsn.ca/jay-and-dan/video/jay-and-dan-ask-will-a-canadian-team-win-the-stanley-cup-this-year~1212031

It's the matter of fact way of speaking that Roger uses that makes me giggle when I hit this one while doing a re-read of TWB.

And I don't want to know what ratwaffles are.

autotwb1314.gif

39 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I find the new storyline in The Whiteboard a bit mystifying but quite entertaining. @mlooney, it looks like your spirit animal has gotten in over his head. Not that this is in any way new for him.

I wanna say Roger's become Iron-Badger.

19 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Which would be quite a trick, given he is a raccoon.

It looks like a not quite finished Iron Raccoon suit. Also I hope he finds a power outlet he can use soon. That used to be a plot device in older Iron Man comics, that he was running low on power and then somehow managed a full recharge from a car battery or a 110 volt wall outlet.

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Which would be quite a trick, given he is a raccoon.

Huh....the head shape looked more badger like to me.. but now that I look at the tail...D'oh!

So, way back when, Tedd once teased Susan for wearing a Trek shirt but mentioning that Captain Picard was suppose to be French but instead had a British accent and asked "Doesn't that just ruin everything?"

Well, Patrick Stewart shows us why he didn't go with a French accent, saw it posted on the unofficial EGS Discord, thought I would share: