• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

I had a bear as a client!  No, not as a patient.  More correctly, I had a Bear as a client.  As in a football guy.  He had a teeny little five to six week old puppy, absolutely adorable!  Not quite as glamorous as the vet I know who saw Oprah's pets, but still, kinda cool.

Of course, the one person I know well who would probably have appreciated it the most is my dad, and I had the strong impulse for a moment to call him and tell him about it.  But it's a good way of remembering him, not a bad one.  He'd have loved the teeny little puppy, too!

25 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I had a bear as a client!  No, not as a patient.  More correctly, I had a Bear as a client.  As in a football guy.  He had a teeny little five to six week old puppy, absolutely adorable!  Not quite as glamorous as the vet I know who saw Oprah's pets, but still, kinda cool.

Of course, the one person I know well who would probably have appreciated it the most is my dad, and I had the strong impulse for a moment to call him and tell him about it.  But it's a good way of remembering him, not a bad one.  He'd have loved the teeny little puppy, too!

My wife has a wonderful vet named Dr. Asiz. He is so nice and warmhearted and loves dealing with his patients. One must make allowances for him, mind you, for occasionally he'll spot clients arriving and pause for a moment while he exclaims about how adorable the dog, puppy, cat or other animal they are bringing along is. :)

Susie, my cat, was sleeping in bed with me, around my hips or rib cage all night. She even stayed in bed when I go up around 3:00 AM to make a light snack. Dawn hit and *poof* off to the cat cave she goes. I never see her in bed during daylight hours, and almost never see her in her cat cave at night. It's the rules man, caves are for daytime.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I never see her in bed during daylight hours, and almost never see her in her cat cave at night. It's the rules man, caves are for daytime.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Maybe she's afraid of the dark?

Obviously she prefers the dark.  But she doesn't like being in the dark in the dark.  If it is dark outside her cave, then there is no advantage to being in the cave.  She enjoys the dark inside the cave when she can't enjoy the dark outside the cave.

Have you tried using blackout curtains?  Or would that just be playing feline head games?

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Have you tried using blackout curtains?  Or would that just be playing feline head games?

The bed room is pretty close to blackout curtains, but not the living room.

On 12/15/2017 at 11:32 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Of course!  So are Gremlins, Sneakers, and Nightmare Before Christmas.  Any others that should be on the list?

Iron Man 3

Also Harry Potter, but mostly Iron Man 3

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

There is that Christmas movie supreme, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

It is truly a movie supreme, but is it a Christmas movie?  The fact that I ask myself that question tells me it's been too long, I must rewatch to see!

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

It is truly a movie supreme, but is it a Christmas movie?  The fact that I ask myself that question tells me it's been too long, I must rewatch to see!

For me it captures the spirit of Christmas: peace, love and mutual acceptance, which was the entire point of the music of the Wyld Stallyns.

Susan, my cat, has developed an intense fascination with the upper right hand part of my low book case, to the extent that she crawls into it about once a day and spends quite a lot of time sniffing at it. Just that part, not the rest of the case. Susan is a special cat.