• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

Just now, The Old Hack said:

How do you figure? You do own a cat.

For that matter, it really shouldn't be hard to test for cat ownership. :danshiftyeyes:

No, I mean I've been tested for the parasite and came up negative. 

Of course, they could have used liking roller coasters, or skydiving, or joining the military or police force, or becoming a firefighter, or any of so many other ways a reduction in fear and in avoidance of dangerous situations might manifest.  It was purely for titillation they chose being into BDSM.

Voicemail message from a client.  I am amused at how happy/excited/enthusiastic a person can be that their cat pooped.  "A wonderful bowel movement, I don't think I've seen that type of bowel movement out of him for years!  It is terriffic!"

I'm definitely leaving this one on the voicemail for the receptionists to hear tomorrow.  They'll get a kick out of it too!  :-D

(In case anyone here has an old cat who gets constipated, we used a mix of warm water and lube, passing a red rubber catheter up past the blockage, doing several of these mini-enemas throuhout the day instead of one big one the cat would have to be sedated for.  It's a wonderful trick every vet should know about!)

Today's Whiteboard, I had a feeling when the guy said the marker had passed through a camel's digestive system that it'd probably be easier (and probably cheaper) to just buy a new one. :D

I was reading an article about weird and misfired tabletop RPGs and came across this gem. Somehow it manages to perfectly explain why this game failed.

LEG's Phoenix Command is one of the most complex role-playing systems ever devised, to the point of unplayability - with mechanics such as varying times to aim based off square root of a firearm barrel length. After the financial failure of LEG its founder/author, Barry Nakazono, went back to designing rockets for the aerospace industry.

Somehow this also seems like one of the most perfect places to say "This isn't rocket science" ever.

There are a dozen Ibis walking across the yard in front of me, feeding as they go along

What I find amusing is that they originally roosted on and around a lamp post on the other side of the parking lot

Two of the birds stayed perched on top of the lamp post, while the rest slowly walked and pecked their way across the cold and hard lot, finding nothing as they went

When the flock reached the other side of the lot and actually started eating things they found the the recently mowed grass, the two perched bids swooped down and joined the breakfast party

Somehow, this seems like it should be a management motivational poster

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Somehow, this seems like it should be a management motivational poster

I can just see it on a large papyrus scroll with the text in hieroglyphics with the ibis in the foreground and the Grand Pyramid visible in the distance.

My next door neighbour is working on fixing a lawn mower, like you do in mid January. He's been banging on it and using power tools on it for about an hour now. Explorer, my cat, is Not Happy with this as it keeps waking her up.

Explorer, my cat, is moving at warp 7 this morning. Has been for a couple of hours now. Woke me up by running across the room and jumping on me in bed, then blasting to the other side of the room.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer, my cat, is moving at warp 7 this morning. Has been for a couple of hours now. Woke me up by running across the room and jumping on me in bed, then blasting to the other side of the room.

UPDATE: Explorer has gone to bed. In my bed, right where I would be if I wanted to take a nap.

My cat, Explorer, has spent most of this morning either on my WW2 American/UK tank book on my book shelf or in the window sill. More on the window sill than on the book, but enough on the book that I'm not putting it back in the normal book shelf slot for it, because she seems to like it on top of the smaller shelf. Any rate, she is bird watching and making the odd chittering sound every once and a while.

I have an ottoman as part of my over stuffed chair. Explorer, my cat,  just blasted out the bedroom, charged across the living room and jumped over the ottoman, ending up in the kitchen, with enough hang time as to be noticeable. She has done this like 3 times in the last 5 minutes.

41 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I have an ottoman as part of my over stuffed chair. Explorer, my cat,  just blasted out the bedroom, charged across the living room and jumped over the ottoman, ending up in the kitchen, with enough hang time as to be noticeable. She has done this like 3 times in the last 5 minutes.

She must have worn herself out, as she is now sleeping in the chair. She was maximum active for about 30 minutes.