• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

I was afraid that my cat, Explorer, would live up to her name with regards to open doors leading to the out side. Doesn't seem to and in fact seems to almost be afraid of doors being opened. She must want not be a barn cat any more. Not warm and dry like she is now.

I haven't had the time or money to have Explorer fixed, it's on my schedule for February. Given that I think she is in heat now. Seem to be the quiet "I love every body and I'm going to make cooing sounds" sort of heat, not the screaming "BOY CAT NOW" sort of heat. Just need to make sure she doesn't go out side, which is a given any way, but I really need to make sure she doesn't door dart on me.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I haven't had the time or money to have Explorer fixed, it's on my schedule for February. Given that I think she is in heat now. Seem to be the quiet "I love every body and I'm going to make cooing sounds" sort of heat, not the screaming "BOY CAT NOW" sort of heat. Just need to make sure she doesn't go out side, which is a given any way, but I really need to make sure she doesn't door dart on me.

Not your usual spin on, "I had my Explorer fixed."

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

And there are boy cats out side getting into fights.  Jokes on them, as I'm not letting her go out for any reason.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:58 AM, mlooney said:

Day 2:  She is a little more vocal about her wants and needs today, but still not as bad as some cats I've had in the past.  On the other hand she is loud enough this morning that I'm quite sure she is getting fixed as soon as I get my big check and/or get my monthly disability payment.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:58 AM, mlooney said:

On 1/25/2020 at 6:42 AM, mlooney said:

Day 2:  She is a little more vocal about her wants and needs today, but still not as bad as some cats I've had in the past.  On the other hand she is loud enough this morning that I'm quite sure she is getting fixed as soon as I get my big check and/or get my monthly disability payment.

Day 3 of Explorer's heat: About the same level of volume about her wants and needs, but she is a lot more "aggressive" in her mock attacks on my hand and wanting to head butt/ chin rub every thing in sight.

Also I don't seem to need to worry about her door darting, as she acts as if she was afraid of a door to the outside being opened.  I'm still making sure she stays an inside cat, but it's sorta a relief to not have to worry about it quite so much.

Day 5 of my cat, Explorer's heat: She is back to being loud about her wants and needs. Still very into rubbing her head on any surface she can get to, including this keyboard as I type.  She also wants to knock my desk top lap off my desk.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Day 5 of my cat, Explorer's heat: She is back to being loud about her wants and needs. Still very into rubbing her head on any surface she can get to, including this keyboard as I type.  She also wants to knock my desk top lap off my desk.

Possibly she wants to get into your lap and top you from there? :danshiftyeyes:

47 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Possibly she wants to get into your lap and top you from there? :danshiftyeyes:

No she jumps straight from the floor on to the desk.  When she's not in heat she jumps in to my lap about 2-3 times a day,.

Alert! Explorer, my cat, doesn't like vacuum cleaners and is iffy about the smell of Simple Green. She has been in hiding for about 30 minutes now, a good 15 minutes after the cleaning was over.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Alert! Explorer, my cat, doesn't like vacuum cleaners and is iffy about the smell of Simple Green. She has been in hiding for about 30 minutes now, a good 15 minutes after the cleaning was over.

I think the deal with dogs and cats and vacuum cleaners is high frequency noise we cant even hear.

58 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

All Nature abhors a vacuum cleaner

58 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I think the deal with dogs and cats and vacuum cleaners is high frequency noise we cant even hear.

31 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Or simply that it’s extremely loud even at the frequencies that humans do hear.

She has just now come out of hiding and is still acting like this is a new place to, well, explore.  I think the fact that the floors were cleaned with Simple Green is bothering her more than the noise that the vacuum made.

I love how "my cat" seems to be a part of her name!  Every reference is to "Explorer, my cat," or "My cat, Explorer," pretty much without fail.  Kind of like how my Patrick was never Pat.  After the fifth or sixth time one of our receptionists tried to call him "Saint Patrick" and ended up saying "Sir Patrick" instead, that became part of his name, too, his full title being "Sir Patrick the Fuzzy-Mouse Slayer" for his fondness for the little fake-fur cat-toy mice we carried then.  

23 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I love how "my cat" seems to be a part of her name!

Well, I like to make each post standalone, so I don't assume that the reader has read any of my other posts.  Plus saying "my cat" dates back to my previous 2 cats, Ashley and Susan, which I did not want to be confused with Ashley and Susan, the EGS characters.

On 30/01/2020 at 2:57 AM, CritterKeeper said:

I love how "my cat" seems to be a part of her name!  Every reference is to "Explorer, my cat," or "My cat, Explorer," pretty much without fail.  Kind of like how my Patrick was never Pat.  After the fifth or sixth time one of our receptionists tried to call him "Saint Patrick" and ended up saying "Sir Patrick" instead, that became part of his name, too, his full title being "Sir Patrick the Fuzzy-Mouse Slayer" for his fondness for the little fake-fur cat-toy mice we carried then.  

That happens so often. One of my Burmese cats tended towards being fat, so the first time my wife saw him, she called him Fatso. I instantly turned it into Catso and the poor thing was stuck with that for the rest of his life.

Her current cat is even less fortunate. Her full name is by now Precious Princess Pretty Kitty Meow-Meow. :laugh:

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Sounds like a name for a Magical Girl anime.

We more or less had that in mind. Also, that name didn't just appear in one go. It grew gradually. First the poor cat got called Meow-Meow, then Kitty Meow-Meow... you get the idea. And then we came up with the idea that it was the official title of some Imperial Princess in some sort of shoujo anime, and then things went entirely out of hand and we imagined the Empire christening its biggest battleship after the beloved Princess.

News reporter: "And here the Fleet sets out to save our homes, led by the battleships Yamato and Precious Princess Pretty Kitty Meow-Meow."

Things went rapidly downhill after that. :danshiftyeyes:

Is it even possible?

Is it even possible to Win a game of Tic-Tac-Toe without the loser making a mistake?

No Special Rules
No Trivia Games like Hollywood Squares
No Five Square Wins

Just straight Three-In-A-Row Tic-Tac-Toe
Can it be won without a mistake?

Or will two competent competitors wind up in an endless series of draws?

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is it even possible?

Is it even possible to Win a game of Tic-Tac-Toe without the loser making a mistake?

No Special Rules
No Trivia Games like Hollywood Squares
No Five Square Wins

Just straight Three-In-A-Row Tic-Tac-Toe
Can it be won without a mistake?

Or will two competent competitors wind up in an endless series of draws?

Endless draws.

First player's best move is the center square.

After that, second player's best move is any corner.

After that, if either player loses they are probably trying to lose.

11 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

First player's best move is the center square.

After that, second player's best move is any corner.

After that, if either player loses they are probably trying to lose.

The solution is clearly speed tic-tac-toe. No turn order, just a start signal and then the players just put down noughts or crosses as fast as they can, winner takes all. Bonus points for successfully punching the opponent in the face.