• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Drachefly

Word of Dan Discussion

Re the comment from Dan about the Sarah and Sam not-a-date, "The "plot" not being moved forward is Sarah and Sam's characters, and other characters I can't mention because spoilers (there's one other character who is put into an awkward position by this whom I haven't seen mentioned anywhere)."

Any guesses who the one other character is going to turn out to be?  Grace, who knows Sam is trans?  Elliot, who used to date Sarah and thinks of her as a sister?  Tedd, who has the power to grant Sam's fondest wish?

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Tedd, who has the power to grant Sam's fondest wish?

This is actually a big problem for me. With magic going mainstream, it becomes possible for Tedd to grant that wish not just for Sam but for any trans people who wish a complete transition. Obviously this would result in a huge legal mess (just to point out one consequence) as well as backlash from the religious right, but to help just one and then stop seems... wrong to me.

At the very least, they should realise that this is a fight they will have to face at some point and prepare for it.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Any guesses who the one other character is going to turn out to be?  Grace, who knows Sam is trans?  Elliot, who used to date Sarah and thinks of her as a sister?  Tedd, who has the power to grant Sam's fondest wish?

My guess would be Elliot who got that email from one of the review show viewers, many of us think it was Sam that sent it, so that could be the tie-in. Especially if Sarah introduces Sam to Elliot at some point, would Sam freak out if he believed that Elliot would put 2 and 2 together and figure out Sam is trans.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Especially if Sarah introduces Sam to Elliot at some point, would Sam freak out if he believed that Elliot would put 2 and 2 together and figure out Sam is trans.

That seems kind of sad. Especially since we know that what Elliot is really good at is adding two and two together and get the cube root of watermelon.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That seems kind of sad. Especially since we know that what Elliot is really good at is adding two and two together and get the cube root of watermelon.

Eh....give the kid some credit, he's learned how to tell when Tedd's female.

Though the sad part is the idea of Sam being afraid of his secret coming out when we know Elliot wouldn't do that intentionally, I would at least hope that if Elliot suspected Sam being trans, he'd ask privately rather than tell Sarah behind Sam's back.

Edit: Crap, I forgot that Elliot's told Ellen about the message, which the person was hoping Elliot wouldn't tell anyone...wait a moment, what if Sam (or the person that messaged Elliot) met Ellen first and assume she was Elliot transformed?

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

So watermelon is 64?

My guess is Tedd.  While magic is preparing to go mainstream, I'm not sure if everyone's ready for it to go mainstream yet... remember, Tedd still has to work out how to increase defenses.  ...so there still could potentially be an issue about whether to reveal magic to Sam (someone who they just met and who, as far as we know, doesn't yet know any more about magic than anyone else watching the news).  It also seems possible that Tedd having just learned of her gender identity and not yet being used to the concept might cause some awkwardness.  Tedd is also part of the ship-tease threesome with Sarah; on the other hand, I can't remember Tedd expressing interest in this, so if that was the source of awkwardness it'd probably be Grace.  This is mostly just speculation, though.

(On the other hand, it's possible that the "other" and "haven't seen mentioned" parts mean it's referring to someone besides the obvious Tedd, Grace, Elliot, Sarah, and Sam, rather than just someone other than Sarah and Sam.  Is there anyone less obvious who might be put into an awkward situation by this?)