• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Drachefly

Word of Dan Discussion

49 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

The genetic mutation producing this new color morph is a fairly recent one, but it appears to be establishing its own niche, distinct from its progenitors

The Moderator: Eh? You saying something about my family there?

On July 21, 2016 at 9:18 PM, The Old Hack said:

The Moderator: Eh? You saying something about my family there?

Oh, look, this color morph appears to be some form of camoflage, immitating the coloration of the non-moderator posts surrounding it!

On 21 July 2016 at 11:46 PM, rhjason said:

*I gotta stop playing Pokemon....*

Heresy!

Seriously though, Pokemon is a beloved franchise, the overnight sensation that is Pokemon Go is proof of that.

On 05/26/2016 at 0:42 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

For example, I'm a Patreon donor and check the comic almost every day.  But I am certainly not "regular".

If Dan posts on Monday, why check in Tuesday? (Besides OCD of course.)

On 05/26/2016 at 11:43 PM, Matoyak said:

Yeah, that...plus RSS is a real pain to deal with. Either you have a ton of bookmark folders that have a ton of pages in them, or you have a giant conglomeration of hundreds of webcomics, news sites, and other assorted things in a reader. Plus RSS feeds break all the time, and so they're unreliable enough to be untrustworthy to me, and I'd feel the need to check the site as it was anyways.

You underestimate the power of programming. I created special reader optimized for "checking which comics changed today". It has just two problems ... it doesn't work well if I don't check every day and it doesn't work well if I want to check several times per day. But I'm sure I can fix both when I get to it ... ok, maybe the reader is less optimized and more something I'm using because it's mine.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

the reader is less optimized and more something I'm using because it's mine.

Never underestimate the power of a bored programmer and a personal project.  That gave us Linux.

The student body of most colleges and undergraduate schools at Universities in the US today is about 57% female.  Unless they have a student body entirely of one sex.

So how do we get the Mopervillians into a school that would provide predominantly male new cast members without going to an all male school?

They are all going to West Point.

I do not see Tedd or Sarah being able to handle the aggressive physical and emotional environment of a military academy.

That said, I could see out Main Eight attending a special training school for magical government agents...

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

That said, I could see out Main Eight attending a special training school for magical government agents...

Sarah would be the only one not to attend that unless she or someone else tells Edward about her spell. While cutting to Sarah training under "Box" will likely happen anyway, it'd still be weird if she's isolated from the rest of the group like that.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sarah would be the only one not to attend that unless she or someone else tells Edward about her spell. While cutting to Sarah training under "Box" will likely happen anyway, it'd still be weird if she's isolated from the rest of the group like that.

Her summer work with Ted means she probably knows enough about using artifacts by now that they would still want her... for training as an R&D tech

Dan talking about name based affinities:

So guess that settles the discussion about how name based affinities work, Magic is apparently paying attention to when babies are born and if they like the name, they get an affinity, Catalina Bobcat would have been a no brainer maybe because Magic knew that it annoyed some, if not all Immortals? :)

30 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

Slight digression but I have to wonder what magic would have done with Aurelius Shrapnel.

As TVTropes  (very bottom of the page) does point out, that can be translated as "Gold Dust", which might be cool as well.

Dan on the subject of when EGS takes place:

By this, the idea that EGS's first year was 2013 and is now in 2014 seems more plausible, however he returned with " I might actually settle on a year if I wind up narrowing it down enough, though it will never perfectly match our own timeline." Which would mean that he could say the first year was 2011 going into 2012, and explain the dates not lining up with ours as being "it's an alternate universe with a slightly different calendar system"

Hmm, while I could cheerfully accept Dan not being able to talk about any new games in-comic, as the gaming strips are rather meh to me, I would regret if he tied his hands regarding ever discussing any post-SW:TFA movies....

24 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, while I could cheerfully accept Dan not being able to talk about any new games in-comic, as the gaming strips are rather meh to me, I would regret if he tied his hands regarding ever discussing any post-SW:TFA movies....

Who knows, Dan might throw in another time skip or two to advance the timeline and give him leeway to include new stuff. Like the 6 month timeskip could have allowed Skyrim to be included, especially if we went with my example of EGS taking place in 2011-2012, we'd just have to accept the fact the days in EGS don't line up with our timeline.

Not saying he actually planned it that way, but that would be a way to go if he wanted to restrict how he includes more recent topics.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:56 PM, Matoyak said:

It was bad. I left for 3 or 4 years to avoid it, and lurked for a good 6 months or so to make sure it'd been cleaned up. You don't really want to know. Suffice to say, there's a reason we have a single thread for complaints/discussions about pacing, scheduling, fan-service, and other such stuff.

There were two or three major offenders. I kept to the City of Tandy and EGS Off Topic/Games subforums because of them myself.

16 hours ago, Price said:

There were two or three major offenders. I kept to the City of Tandy and EGS Off Topic/Games subforums because of them myself.

I figured out how to block them.

Elliot has need to take on female forms for some time now to control the magic build-ups.

Even if the cat-form is no longer painful, I wouldn't be surprised if Elliot rarely uses it.  If only because it sheds cat hair all over the house and Brownie makes a big enough mess by himself.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even if the cat-form is no longer painful, I wouldn't be surprised if Elliot rarely uses it.  If only because it sheds cat hair all over the house and Brownie makes a big enough mess by himself.

If the fur exists by magic, then it should disappear after a while from not being attached to Elliot, it may be like when Nanase's super long hair lost it's enchantment and reverted, there was still some left because it was long to begin with. In Elliot's case, any hairs left behind would probably amount to what would normally fall off a human.