• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Maplestrip

Deepart.io

So there is this website called Deepart.io that allows people to submit photographs and artworks, and renders photographs as they would look if painted in the artstyle of the second picture. The front page explains it quite well, and the list of latest created images has plenty of boring but pretty examples: https://deepart.io/latest/ It takes over three days to generate an image, or less if you want to pay up ^_^

Naturally, all I'm trying to do is abuse the system, with incredibly ugly results. Don't try to render a photograph in Super Mario World graphics. the results are horrendous. I tried to do some fun stuff with webcomics (like El Goonish Shive), but it just doesn't work well. I don't think the algorithm likes solid outlines and simplistic coloring. It just doesn't work at all, but I love trying: image

Trying to render Ted as a photograph of a regular human being, however, resulted in something surprisingly pretty. I'm alright with this one: https://deepart.io/result/636347/ I have a few more in the work, but I doubt any of them will look any better than this one.

So I'm challenging you guys to do better! I'd love to see someone using the El Goonish Shive artstyle to render something like Dan drew it, or to render an El Goonish Shive image in a different style. (or, you know, you can do something else with the algorithm - anything interesting :p)

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Link gets redirected to a login page.

Likewise.  Are you able to screenshot it, perhaps?

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Link gets redirected to a login page.

3 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Likewise.  Are you able to screenshot it, perhaps?

Also likewise.

1 hour ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I dunno, you might be able to pass that off as some kind of neo-cubist abstract nonsense.

It looks like there is a face in the wing and I'm not even sure how it even got there.

I don't even know where to begin for where John's face is concerned.

Italics.

So yeah, I guess so.