• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Wednesday, April 20, 2016

You may trust Voltaire, Dan, but I don't! And you're the friggin' one writing him!

Now we know that Abner might not be entirely loyal to ol' Volty and that can only be a good thing. Even if they've worked together before, that doesn't necessarily make them friends. Apparently Volty didn't even tell Abner what Sirleck is and I guess it's because Abner isn't comfortable with working for vampires. However, he seems to have guessed that Sirleck is a bad guy, so maybe that's one reason why he was willing to be a double agent. Abner might think that Voltaire wants to stop Sirleck (which, to be fair, is probably a part of his plan) and he probably believed him at first when he told him about the bigger picture and the greater good.

Still, you should never trust a guy when he says he wants to make the world a better place with an evil grin. I hope Voltaire meant it when he said he doesn't need anything from Abner anymore. He might leave him alone long enough for Abner to do a little snooping on his own.

20 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

and then two years from now our time when Tara and Andrea make another appearance, it's discovered that Phil was the one who caused the clog in the first place! 

...By spraying grafiti in his teen years, which unintentionally wound up in the shape of a magic seal, that Edward and his people have been maintaining ever since thinking it was there for a good reason and sealing away something important/dangerous.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm sure he's a janitor at either MNHS or MSHS, maybe both? ;)

It was other way around: he cleaned up some magic symbol, or maybe even worse, cleaned it up partially.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

a griffin is just par for the course around here and at least she wasn't violent" ;)

Ok. I have two answers for this:

1) unlike Dame Tara :)

2) tell that to the spider vampire and the other six vampires.

6 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Still, you should never trust a guy when he says he wants to make the world a better place with an evil grin.

People who says they want to make the world a better place and are implying they know how are not trustworthy no matter what face expression they have.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
8 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Still, you should never trust a guy when he says he wants to make the world a better place with an evil grin.

People who says they want to make the world a better place and are implying they know how are not trustworthy no matter what face expression they have.

are we even sure what his definition of better even IS? 

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Better for himself. ;)

It's obvious that Abner was never at the mall as he told Sirleck. So Abner doesn't know that Voltair was called out on manipulating Tara into thinking Elliot was responsible for her wife missing. I'm hoping that Abner is smart enough to know that something is janky when an Immortal claims to be doing stuff for the "greater good" while being vague about it.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Better for himself. ;)

It's obvious that Abner was never at the mall as he told Sirleck. So Abner doesn't know that Voltair was called out on manipulating Tara into thinking Elliot was responsible for her wife missing. I'm hoping that Abner is smart enough to know that something is janky when an Immortal claims to be doing stuff for the "greater good" while being vague about it.

He wasn't there, but he "hear" what happened there - which likely includes or soon will include seeing the videos. Something may be missing, but the part about manipulating Tara seems to be exactly what he is referring to when he says "the greater good angle's looking a bit murky".

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

He wasn't there, but he "hear" what happened there - which likely includes or soon will include seeing the videos. Something may be missing, but the part about manipulating Tara seems to be exactly what he is referring to when he says "the greater good angle's looking a bit murky".

Oh yeah, I forgot he did say that. My statement about hoping Abner's smart enough to know that something is janky still applies though.

28 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

More likely, it'll be a bunch of teenagers being screamed at by Edward. ;)

There will be no need for Edward to raise his voice.  However, we MAY discover the absolute maximum number of charts Agent Verres can produce in a single lecture.

57 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There will be no need for Edward to raise his voice.  However, we MAY discover the absolute maximum number of charts Agent Verres can produce in a single lecture.

He'll number the spaces the charts could be in, move each chart to the space with the number 2X the number of its pre-move space, and have an infinite number of odd-numbered spaces left vacant for more charts.

58 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

He'll number the spaces the charts could be in, move each chart to the space with the number 2X the number of its pre-move space, and have an infinite number of odd-numbered spaces left vacant for more charts.

The forum system seems to have messed up with the entity-escaping of the apostrophe in the link target: if it fails for anyone, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel ought to work (with the ' changed to its URL escape before the forum software gets hold of it).

4 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I kinda hope the next scene is a bunch of teenagers talking to Edward.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

More likely, it'll be a bunch of teenagers being screamed at by Edward. ;)

That's for sure happening the next day (possibly the recap storyline Dan mentioned which would happen after the Q&A). The next scene will likely be Elliot getting to Charlotte's, Nanase would have filled the others in on what Tara and Andrea said off panel, Diane might have something to say, then Elliot taking Ashley home.

I just had a thought regarding this comic. What if Pandora wasn't the one controlling Dex? What if it was Voltaire? I know the urn symbol on the pendant hints towards Pandora with the old roots of the Pandora's Box myth, but I'm not sure we've had a definitive yea or nea if that is what the symbol means.

Meanwhile, Dex was mentioning 'for the greater good.' Pandora doesn't really seem like the type to care about the greater good. She cares about her son and things being interesting. I imagine she could use 'for the greater good' as means to manipulate someone into doing something interesting, but what we've seen of her direct action, she prefers to nudge things into motion and then let them develop organically (much more interesting that way).

Voltaire, on the other hand, is certainly willing to use 'for the greater good' to advance his agenda as seen in this comic. I don't know what he would have gained from killing everyone at the dojo, but little is known about Volty's plans or end goal.

You bring up a good point--Voltaire also seems to have no qualms about mortals dying for the fulfillment of his plans, so it definitely fits his style. The Pithos mark may have been a deliberate misdirection if so.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

You bring up a good point--Voltaire also seems to have no qualms about mortals dying for the fulfillment of his plans, so it definitely fits his style. The Pithos mark may have been a deliberate misdirection if so.

If Volty is responsible for that, it's likely to be misdirection, though it could be calling Pandora out. We do know that Pandora has been marking people without their knowledge or consent. So it's likely that she was the one who marked Dex. Voltaire might have noticed that Pandora marked poor Dex, and planted the amulet to control him, using the pithos mark as a kind of 'I know that you're the one who did this' towards Pandora. There's also the fact that Noah is Adrian's ward, and if Noah died, it would likely upset Mr. Raven, which would upset Pandora, because she cares deeply for her son, even  if she has an odd way of showing it. And if Pandora gets upset enough, she might make a mistake and break one of the Laws of the Immortals. Though that's assuming that Voltaire's plan is actively trying to stop Pandora instead of simply being at odds with her shenanigans.

Edited by Drasvin
Remember the original line of reasoning I had for the pithos pendant potentially being a 'calling out of'

5 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I just had a thought regarding this comic. What if Pandora wasn't the one controlling Dex? What if it was Voltaire? I know the urn symbol on the pendant hints towards Pandora with the old roots of the Pandora's Box myth, but I'm not sure we've had a definitive yea or nea if that is what the symbol means.

Meanwhile, Dex was mentioning 'for the greater good.' Pandora doesn't really seem like the type to care about the greater good. She cares about her son and things being interesting. I imagine she could use 'for the greater good' as means to manipulate someone into doing something interesting, but what we've seen of her direct action, she prefers to nudge things into motion and then let them develop organically (much more interesting that way).

Voltaire, on the other hand, is certainly willing to use 'for the greater good' to advance his agenda as seen in this comic. I don't know what he would have gained from killing everyone at the dojo, but little is known about Volty's plans or end goal.

OOoooh, I like that idea...

8 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Also, he was speaking about saving the world, while Pandora wanted to destroy it - while not literally, it could still be taken as hint it's someone else. Raven might be mistaken when he though Pandora is behind this. Of course, it would mean that Dan deliberately tried to confuse us by talking about Pandora under comic where Raven explained motivation of immortal who was behind this, but note that Dan didn't said DIRECTLY it was Pandora, so ... yes, very interesting idea.