Photo

Poll: Weekly Small Comics VS. Biweekly Big Comics

poll

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Half a Page Every Week? Or a Full Page Every Two Weeks? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like getting half a page every week? Or would you prefer to have a full page every two weeks?

1. Things are fine as they are, just keep it up! (19 votes [90.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.48%

2. A full page every two weeks sounds better! (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joe England

Joe England

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

So yeah. How do you feel? You want a half-page every week? Or a full page every two weeks? My fate is in your hands.
-------------------------
http://www.zebragirl.net

#2 Smiling Ahab

Smiling Ahab

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I voted for a full page every other week, because while the weekly schedule gives us more reasons to bicker at each other here, the half pages break continuity and reduce the possibilities within a space.

Don't get down about the handful of votes; if I remember the last alexa research I did, it's something like a half-percent to 2 percent that read a comic go on to participate in the forum (comparing domain traffic to repeating traffic to the domain's forums for about 50 webcomics).
Posted Image

#3 Lord Jaguar

Lord Jaguar

Lord of Darkness

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

50-50 how conclusive, ha
I was there when the strength of keenspot failed
Posted Image

#4 ShardZ

ShardZ

910 Reader

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'll be the tie-breaker for now, but whatever is easiest for you to keep as a schedule is fine by me, Joe. The schedule does seem to work for you, and we usually get double the cliffhangers that way. On the other hand, suffering withdrawal every other week could be a good way to force myself to interact with the forums more often.

Edit: I hadn't considered the half-pages as "reducing the possibilities within a space," but I guess it makes sense. Maybe I've just gotten used to the "new" format of having more-or-less horizontal sections. Borders still get played with, like when Inky grabbed Mabel; we're just less likely to see that in a vertical format. I'm sure if Joe ever wants to do something like this again, he'll find a way.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

Posted Image

#5 Tyr

Tyr

910Neophyte

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Zebra Girl, of course

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

How about a combination? Continue as it is most of the time, but take a week more for whole pages if necessary. :)

#6 SleepyOrigami

SleepyOrigami

The Paper Owl of Mayhem

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Origami, sleeping, hockey, hunting, television, Greek mythology, food, computers, video games, travel, and hot tea

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

The pages just get combined into full pages in the archives anyways. If someone really wants to see a full page every two weeks, they just need to hang back an update or two and its essentially equivalent. There is no advantage to the reader with the full page every two weeks that is not presented by the half page weekly option as far as I can tell. The half page every week already comes with the full page every two weeks, its just the full page is like a week behind the half page. On the other hand, the full page every two weeks removes the weekly half page.

Am I misunderstanding the question? (I probably am. I am bad at logic.)
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C

Posted Image

#7 Triancia

Triancia

910Neophyte

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Zebra Girl

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

All I know that this is getting /exciting/. As much as I'd love to see full pages, I can't wait to see what happens next! So I'd vote for less involved updates more frequently.

#8 Jazz

Jazz

910 Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Honestly whatever works for you Joe. I'm fine with you sticking 'em up as and when, and no one can keep to a schedule all the time anyway. So in short, I'm easy (as my friends will attest to).
"I'd like to answer your question in two parts if I may. First, are you calling me a liar...?" - President Max in Sam & Max

#9 jmucchiello

jmucchiello

Obsessive 910 Reader

• Members
  • 1,986 posts
  • Favorite Comic:EGS

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

I picked 1/2 each week because when something inevitably comes up to mess up the schedule, Joe can just post a full page the following week without messing up the page/2-weeks ratio. Move it to 1 per 2 weeks and delays totally push everything backwards.

#10 Magugag

Magugag

910Neophyte

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm of the above opinion that you should post half a page every week unless the update really calls for a whole page, at which point you should go ahead and wait two weeks to post that full page.

Gotta say, love the comic and your amazing art.

#11 Briareos

Briareos

910 Reader

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

What Maguagag said - otherwise it'd be like one of Wapsi Square's friday cliffhangers (I take it you know how that feels), but stretched out over almost two weeks instead of two days... :(
Posted Image

#12 Revereche

Revereche

910 Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Favorite Comic:fffffffff

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Half-page, definitely.
Posted Image
ペロペロペロ

#13 Darklore

Darklore

910 Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

keep at it joe, its better to see the good work you do you actually making excuses that are witty then rather no witty remarks at all and yay finally sandra back!
Posted Image
I was there,lurking in shadows,when she flew...

#14 Smiling Ahab

Smiling Ahab

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

It felt so one-sided, I decided to switch my vote.

Also, I just did 60 hours this week in a factory, I can sympathize with how much back-breaking labor can interrupt one's life.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users