• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Waffle House #4741

Time to try and resurrect another RPG from the old EGS Mayhem forum—Waffle House #4741!

Setting:
Waffle House #4741, next to the main highway in whatever town it happens to be located (location and/or universe may change at any time). Check out this link if you're unfamiliar with the chain. It's the classic American greasy spoon / short-order restaurant. Open 24 hours a day, every day.

Employees:

• Vern, the cook - a 50-year-old veteran short-order cook. Has worked at the Waffle House for 30 years. Tall and thin, with greying hair and lots of premature wrinkles. Not very talkative, but everyone listens when he speaks. (Played by the GM, ProfessorTomoe.)
  • Dora, a waitress - a 55-year-old waitress who's been around the block a few times. Typical southern waitress in the mold of Flo from the TV series "Alice." Sassy but friendly. Doesn't put up with BS, but is willing to play along sometimes. Basically runs the place, unless Vern has something to say. Looks human, but who really knows? (Role open for volunteers, played by GM at first.)

Official Rules:
It's a restaurant, and a cheap one at that. Order something and eat it. Socialize a bit. Engage in food fights or other mayhem.
Anyone is welcome, and that really means anyone - any character, from any place, and from any time. The Waffle House has a strict "no discrimination" policy.
Reality in this RP is used mainly to keep the eggs from floating off of the plates. Other than that, who knows what could happen?
Please keep in mind the following:

1. The staff of Waffle House #4741 are infinitely strong and invulnerable to any and all attacks. They're also well armed. In other words, don't bother trying to hold the place up (or blow it up) - you'll get your arse handed to you on a platter. With a side order of hash browns.
  2. Weapons should be left outside. See rule #1 for the reason why.
  3. All action takes place inside the restaurant. Anything that happens outside stays outside.
  4. Anyone loitering without ordering will be vaporized to make room for another customer. As long as you order something, though (and pay for it - see rule #5), stay as long as you want. Nurse a cup of coffee or something.
  5. Pay your bill when asked. Any character trying to run out without paying will be instantly vaporized at the door (i.e., out of the RP permanently).

That's all there is to it. Enjoy!

:Dora smacks her gum, pulls out her order pad, and saunters over to the AM guy:

Dora: "This here's a restaurant, not a dentist. We ain't got root canals. We got yer dino milo, though—what species?"

Edited by ProfessorTomoe
Screwed up Dora's name - d'oh!

A swirling portal appearing on the wall next to the washroom seems to have just spat out an 8 ft tall jet black humanoid feline, wearing what appears to be a slightly singed variation of a medieval tabard in navy blue and lavender, who has subsequently been launched across the room before coming to rest upsidedown in one of the window-side booths... somehow without knocking anything over along the way.

"<Owwwww... Where the heck did I end up this time?*>" She grumbles as she straightens herself out, muttering in something that is definitely not English.

(*translated from ????)

I and eight members of my Uncle Snefru's rowing team enter through the front door (by conventional means).  We immediately seek the following items:

1. The current FEMA Waffle House Index rating for this unit.
2. The smallest available booth into which we can fit my party.
3. Garum.  Once you've lived through the Roman Empire, you just expect it on everything.
4. Any indication this establishment accepts Akhenaten Express.  Otherwise I'll need to find a Cirrus ATM to pay this bill.

:Vern gets tired of waiting and serves the AM guy a regular milk Milo with a scoop of powdered triceratops extract:

:Dora hands the feline a menu and moves over toward the rowing team:

Dora: "Vern, we got another bunch of those FEMA guys again."

:Vern points to the plethora of health and safety documents posted on the wall above the coffee pots:
:Dora shoves the new arrivals into a two-person booth and hands them small packets of garum from her apron pocket:

Dora: "We'll take anything you got that adds up to your bill. Our Quantum Cash Register is hooked into every network there is for payin'."

At first the cat seemed a bit confused, looking almost like she might leave back the way she came before a growling stomach and he smell of food convinced her that maybe this was a good place to end up for a while.

Looking over the menu, She scowls. Of course it's not written in anything I recognize... She mentally grumbled to herself as she flipped through it, hopefully she could muddle her way through by pointing at pictures that looked tasty.

OOC: The real Waffle House menu is a thin, single two-sided sheet with plenty of pictures. In this reality, the menu is the same design, but lets you scroll through many pages. Sort of like a two-sided OLED, but fancier and more durable.

We offer the cat some garum and place an order for John Denver Omelets to the tune of "Annie's Song"

Ham, peppers, and onions
On an cheddar cheese omelet
Sourdough toast with
Some jelly or jam
Sweet and Low packets
For the decaf that's too hot
Orange juice and bacon
Spam, baked beans, and Spam

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

I'll take the T-Rex Milo. What kind of food do you serve?

Vern: "Mostly Waffles." :replaces AM guy's Milo, hands him a menu, and goes back to the grill:

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

an order for John Denver Omelets to the tune of "Annie's Song"

Dora: "Sorry, baked beans are off. Will ya take refried?"

A trio of large humanoid citrus fruit pull up in a nondescript vehicle outside. They walk in and take the seat nearest the door.

Jeff, the orange, orders tomato juice and a plate of bacon.
Barry, the lime, decides to go with an iced coffee and a five-pepper omelette.
Lemmy, the lemon, orders a slice of lemon meringue pie.

Jeff:"Really? You're going to eat something made from the closest thing to our ancestors on this planet?"
Lemmy:"Yep. They call it cannibalism. I always wanted to try it."
Barry just looks at Lemmy for a moment before taking a sip of coffee and pretending that nothing was said.

Lemmy additionally orders a glass of orange juice, much to Barry's dismay.

Some minutes pass as Jeff picks at the bacon.
Barry stares awkwardly at the rowing team, unsure of what they're actually doing.
Lemmy takes a bite of the pie.
Lemmy:"Oh, this is so good. You've gotta try some. Dora! Pie for everyone who wants it, please."
Jeff invites the feline to the table to share the bacon.

looking over at the... um... well, she wasn't exactly sure what they were, beyond looking edible...
noticing one seemed to be focused on her, but not sure what was being said, she answers with "<Um, hello? I'm sorry, i'm not sure what you're saying...>*" 

(*translated from ????)

:Dora delivers the John Denver omelet orders (refried beans, sorry, no baked beans), serves more pie to the Citronoids, then pops another stick of gum into her mouth:

Dora (in the feline's native language): "<They're offering to share part of their meal with you if you'll join them at their table.>"

A perky dark-haired woman in a blue waitress uniform pops out of a door no one had noticed before next to the kitchen, behind which is a brief glimpse of a white room with circles on the walls.  She walks over to the jukebox and pops behind it, muttering in an English accent.

"Funny, the Telepathic Translator circuit usually kicks in automatically...."

After rummaging in the workings behind the jukebox for another moment, she pops back out, gives a cheery wave, and calls out, "Try it now!" before disappearing back through the door, which everyone present immediately forgets was ever there.

Oddly enough, to everyone in the room she sounds as if she is speaking their native language, sounding rather like their favorite schoolteacher from childhood.

"Oh! Well, I suppose it would be rude to refuse..." she comments, trailing off and mostly mumbling the second part. Getting up and walking over, she offers a polite wave and a hello to the, um... bipedal food people? still not certain exactly what they are...

I offer the cat my plate with the omelet and a lot of garum (fermented fish sauce) on the side,

Having lost my eggs, I'm going to need a waffle and an order of Hash Browns.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling