• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Waffle House #4741

Jeff, to the as of yet unnamed feline: Hi. I'm Jeff, this is Barry and Lemmy.
Barry and Lemmy, in unison: Hi.
Barry: I love your fur. It looks so smooth!
Lemmy finishes the first slice of pie and moves on to the second, eating in a frenzy.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Having lost my eggs, I'm going to need a waffle and an order of Hash Browns.

:Vern cooks up a pecan waffle with an order of hash browns "all the way" and serves it to the rowing team member who shared the omelet:

The cat seems a bit surprised that she can actually understand them now. She's silent for a moment before answering with, "It is nice to meet you. My name is Rheya. I-"

At which point she's interrupted by a plate of food randomly thrust at her...

"Um..."

Not sure what to say, she decides to sit down, next to the fruit people, before anything else happened. Smiling a bit a Barry's compliment.

"Oh, thank you. Father often says one should look their best when traveling... so... um..." she starts to ramble, trailing off.

Lemmy continues eating pie, oblivious to everything happening.
Barry, to Lemmy: Lemmy. Lemmy. LEMMY!
Lemmy looks up, slightly startled.
Lemmy: What?
Barry: You kinda almost went into on of your "modes" again. Figured you might want to avoid that.
Lemmy laughs awkwardly.
Lemmy: Thanks. I really should work on better control of that.
Lemmy suddenly realizes there's an extra person at the table and is slightly embarrassed.
Jeff, to Rheya: Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? We're Luumens, from the planet Frutia.

"Planet? I don't recognize that word, what's a planet?" She asks a bit confused. tilting her head to one side slightly and staring for a moment. "I'm from the Imperial province of Rekorha, It's near the northeastern edge of The Shade." She explained, wondering if that reference point will mean anything to them. Sniffing at the plate she had been given, she dips the tip of one of her claws in the strange sauce and tastes it to see if it's any good.

(She's from a magic-driven single-world setting... The Shade is where the world 'stops' and the laws of reality break down. it's where both magic & monsters come from.)

Jeff: I can't say I know where that is. Ah well.
Lemmy catches a whiff of something, then looks up.
Lemmy: Rheya, was it? Your uh... shirt seems to be smoking.

"w-what?" she asks confused, looking around and finding one of the singed ares smoldering slightly.

"damn..." she mumbles, putting a hand over the spot and freezing the fabric so it goes out. too distracted to notice the other comment, not that she would have understood it anyway.

On 23/04/2016 at 7:12 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One of the girls on the Rowing team cries out, "what is this fly doing in the orange juice?"

On 23/04/2016 at 8:56 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

:Vern walks over to the rowing team and examines the orange juice, finding a pair of very small pants floating in it:

Vern: "Waiting to be zipped up."

((*applauds*))

An orange-furred anthro cat walked in, stepping out of a ripple in the air that momentarily took the place of the front door.

She stood about 5'6", and was dressed in a belt with a pouch attached, and sandals. A pendant around her neck bore the name "Keri" picked out in tiny gems.

She looked around, and smiled. "Lovely, Just like I remember it."

She took a seat at a nearby table, and ordered an omelette.

((This is a character who made her debut in the Mayhem version of the Waffle House. Keri practically inhabited the place during its run.))

A second potential goddess in the same restaurant?
And before I even place the big to-go hot cocoa order for my team?

I rise from the booth and approach the new feline.  Approach, but not too close.  If this one is a goddess, I do NOT want to offend or alarm her.

"Hello Miss  (notices pendant) Keri.  You wouldn't happen to be related to Bastet of Bubastis?"

: Vern cooks up an omelette and hands it to Dora, who sets it in front of Keri :

: Dora walks away, but keeps an ear open to the person talking to Keri :

Ya never know when to shout "DUCK!" around this place, Dora thinks.

: A demonic duck of some sort enters, sees the two felines, and exits as fast as he can :

Since her shirt has been put out, and there don't seem to be any other spots causing trouble, Rheya decided to try the eggs she was handed earlier...

Only to be distracted by a certain creature entering. If the fruit people had looked kinda like food to her, this new being didn't look like food, it was food. In fact, Duck was one of her favorites.

One should never do anything that makes them look chaseable when they appear to be food and have the attention of a hungry feline... Instincts tend to get in the way of civil behavior. Especially when one's culture encourages hunting skill.

The moment the duck tried to bolt she was out of the booth, claws out and kicking off of the seat into a pounce straight for it.

Keri gave the inquiring person a friendly smile. "I don't believe so, although there are a few stories in my family that suggest we might have a distant connection way back."

Jeff: So, um...
Barry: Let me guess, you invited her over with no idea where you were going, didn't you?
Jeff: Yeah.
Lemmy facepalms.
Barry: Way to go, Captain Awkward McNoPlans.
Jeff: Ugh, I should've never brought you two along.
Barry and Lemmy in unison: But you did!
Jeff: And I regret it more and more every passing moment.

On 5/2/2016 at 1:17 AM, InfiniteRemnant said:

actually my point was that her trajectory has only been slightly altered, and you now have potentially sharp mirror chunks on the floor.

The mirror chunks morph into a shiny liquid, reflecting multiple images of Rheya and distracting her.

The demonic duck capitalizes on the split second of distraction to escape through the front door.