• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Hadn't read this comic since before Dan added commentaries to (some of) the old stuff, so I hadn't really given much thought to what the sign behind Phill says.  However, if Dan himself cannot recall what it was supposed to say, this makes it a ready target for our own speculation and guesses.  Who knows, we might even come up with something Dan would agree with!  ;-)

I'm not so sure that what's in the panel is the whole sign, the letter before the E could be a W, but could also be a V, if it's VE then the word could be HAVE, SAVE or GIVE . The first letter in the next word is either an F or A. It can't be P because it doesn't look like the P that's visible. As for the bottom line, the second letter looks like an I, the last letter though could be an H, it's not another U because I just took the image into Paint and tried lining them up, they don't. Maybe the bottom line is 2 separate words?

It's certainly not the same font Dan used in the dialog bubbles, and it's not comic sans, though my font collection is quite limited.

2 hours ago, AFNB said:

"WE FILL'R UP

WHILE YOU

WAIT

Is that just a guess, or is there some reason you think it's that? It's a pretty good idea either way

In the commentary, Dan guesses this "WE A---------UP W?--------?"
but he also says he has no idea what it is, so. 

"We aren't up w......." is what I thought, though "we fill'r up while you wait" might make more sense. There's a good chance that that guess is accurate, and if so, in the words of Strider:

DAVE: thats a hell of a mystery no one thought was a mystery and didnt even really need solving 
DAVE: but damn if it didnt just get solved so nice work 

On 4/23/2016 at 11:20 AM, Wildcat said:

Is that just a guess, or is there some reason you think it's that? It's a pretty good idea either way

In the commentary, Dan guesses this "WE A---------UP W?--------?"
but he also says he has no idea what it is, so. 

A little bit of both - the name "Phill" suggests that it's a gas station (Phil --> Phill ---> Fill), and from there I went by what was visible - so maybe, logical deduction.

On 4/24/2016 at 9:47 PM, AFNB said:

A little bit of both - the name "Phill" suggests that it's a gas station (Phil --> Phill ---> Fill), and from there I went by what was visible - so maybe, logical deduction.

Wait, Dan turned the panel into a freakin' rebus??

Huh.