• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Story Comic for 2016 April 25th

1 minute ago, jmucchiello said:

So, 6-8 months from now (in comic time), Elliot will remember to look at his spellbook and see he has a new spell, right?

Nah, it will happen about the same time you are pleased by something in the comic and post about it here. :)

I think the doll tucked in the skirt is just a doll at this point.  Nanase has left the building.

Is Elliot simply talking back to the GPS, talking to the voices inside the skull, or is there someone else on the phone?

And yes, Elliot should start wearing cargo pants filled with high end electronics at all times.,,, Or NO!  Even better than cargo pants would be a lab coat with lots of pockets.  I'm sure Tedd has few extra lying around.

Is anyone else concerned that the title of the book is now "A Perfectly Normal Book"?

It could be that it's just the way the title has always been, and this is like the "Totally Human" t-shirt gag....but what if it means that the spell book is no longer a spell book, and Elliot is now stuck with only his current spells?

20 minutes ago, Circe said:

Is anyone else concerned that the title of the book is now "A Perfectly Normal Book"?

It could be that it's just the way the title has always been, and this is like the "Totally Human" t-shirt gag....but what if it means that the spell book is no longer a spell book, and Elliot is now stuck with only his current spells?

I want to think that Elliot's spellbook was always titled "A Perfectly Normal Book" and the final panel means Elliot got something new.

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I want to think that Elliot's spellbook was always titled "A Perfectly Normal Book" and the final panel means Elliot got something new.

Actually that is just the short form of the title. The full title is "A Perfectly Normal Book And Not A Spellbook Full Of Profoundly Personal Magical Formulae That In Many Ways Reflect The Personality Of Its Owner."

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

If I had a spellbook, I'd want it to have "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters on the cover...

The only spell in that one would be the one that lets you communicate with anyone, regardless of language.

And possibly allow you to break all laws of probability.

31 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Actually that is just the short form of the title. The full title is "A Perfectly Normal Book And Not A Spellbook Full Of Profoundly Personal Magical Formulae That In Many Ways Reflect The Personality Of Its Owner."

Some of the formulae would have to reflect the opposite of the book's owner's personality, since Elliot had to do the opposite of how he felt (i.e., he had to start liking girly spells) in order to get what he wanted (i.e., non-girly spells). That is, assuming that the new spell doesn't turn him into a horse or something similar.

31 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Some of the formulae would have to reflect the opposite of the book's owner's personality, since Elliot had to do the opposite of how he felt (i.e., he had to start liking girly spells) in order to get what he wanted (i.e., non-girly spells). That is, assuming that the new spell doesn't turn him into a horse or something similar.

Personally I think an equine form for Elliot would be great!

I may be somewhat biased.

Yes! Finally! Elliot should have listened to Tedd when he explained this to him months ago, but it doesn't matter anymore, he finally got there. Elliot has officially become 100% genderfluid and learned to love his girly spells. Heck, maybe this means that his power buildups are finally over too! I can't wait to see what his new spell is. Maybe a cat spell?

2 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

So, 6-8 months from now (in comic time), Elliot will remember to look at his spellbook and see he has a new spell, right?

Oh please God no. I would be very surprised if he didn't read his spellbook tonight.

13 minutes ago, Circe said:

Personally I think an equine form for Elliot would be great!

I may be somewhat biased.

Well, we've already seen half of the Main Eight as ponies, so seeing Elliot as a pony is pretty much inevitable. He'll probably be an Earth pony like Ellen. I wonder what his Cutie Mark will be. We've only seen Grace's and Justin's CMs so far (three acorns and a d20, respectively).

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Nah, it will happen about the same time you are pleased by something in the comic and post about it here. :)

I've been busy.

Speculation: New spell allows him to cloud minds of mortals into believing "he" has always been a woman. Move over Ellen, Elaine is in town.

Obviously Elliot has a new spell by the way the page shows his spellbook and the link posted in the comment suggests that it should be a non-girly spell. Part of me however thinks that it could be a red herring, and while he does get a new spell based on his accepting that the girly spells he has are cool, cute and sexy, I wouldn't be surprised of the new spell upgrades the cat form into a catgirl form. Elliot probably couldn't care less at this point though. :D

Also from the commentary, I'm hoping Dan meant that he decided to not make this the last page in the story, cus I really want to see Elliot and Ashley end their date properly.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Obviously Elliot has a new spell by the way the page shows his spellbook and the link posted in the comment suggests that it should be a non-girly spell. Part of me however thinks that it could be a red herring, and while he does get a new spell based on his accepting that the girly spells he has are cool, cute and sexy, I wouldn't be surprised of the new spell upgrades the cat form into a catgirl form. Elliot probably couldn't care less at this point though. :D

That's one thing I've never understood.  How do you get non-girly spells by making girly spells a part of who you are?

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

That's one thing I've never understood.  How do you get non-girly spells by making girly spells a part of who you are?

Yeah, that doesn't seem to make any sense. Still, I'm sure that Elliot won't mind learning some non-girly spells even though he likes his superheroine spell now.

Edit: Well, actually he's always liked that spell, but now he truly loves it and is completely okay with his girly side.

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

The way I understand it is that if you're a magic person, you periodically get new spells as you learn and grow, based on your needs. Elliot isn't inherently magical - he (or she, at this point in time) was made magic by an outside force (see sister, iirc ) which gave him the magic ability to change gender. He became more powerful, but wasn't happy with his spells, so his magic tried to modify the spell to make him happy with it - from girl form to full shapeshifting to a super form to alter egos, he got better and better variations on his ability to turn female. His magic would continue this pattern until his need to turn female was met, not understanding that he didn't want to be a girl. As of this comic, Elliott is happy to be a girl. Now, his magic will start to fill his other needs, having satisfied his initial, artificial need.