• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

If there are any Worm/Parahumans fans around here, how do you think the PRT would respond to Moperville's powered population? Also, do you have any preliminary ideas about what kind of ratings they would have? 

I mean, EGS seems to be one of the few superpowers comics that might actually survive, and the large number of Changer or Changer-related powers could put Moperville on a PRT watchlist.

Reference for PRT powers ratings: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/prt-threat-assessment-worm-multicross.311887/

Examples of powers and their ratings (some spoilers): http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Classifications

Nanase, Sarah, Grace, and Elliot all have competent Stranger powers. Ellen is a Changer-Trump-Blaster, Tedd is a Trump-Thinker and a Changer-Tinker, and Sarah is a Thinker-Stranger. Elliot and Grace offer the same threat: walk into any facility in the form of any worker they want, transform into a flying brick to out any defenses, then transform into someone else to get away.

Security at PRT Moperville would have to be tight.

If the teens are on the defensive, there's also the angels to consider.

additionally, More than half the cast have access to environment resistant bodysuits and disguise themed abilities, or could have them at a moment's notice, beyond their own spell list thanks to Teds watches and those three uryom suits he has. that would also need to be factored in.

2 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

If the teens are on the defensive, there's also the angels to consider.

additionally, More than half the cast have access to environment resistant bodysuits and disguise themed abilities, or could have them at a moment's notice, beyond their own spell list thanks to Teds watches and those three uryom suits he has. that would also need to be factored in.

Grace is also fireproof in her squirrel forms. But she'd also be one of those that wears an Uryuom suit.

On 4/25/2016 at 11:56 AM, KerPop42 said:

Nanase, Sarah, Grace, and Elliot all have competent Stranger powers. Ellen is a Changer-Trump-Blaster, Tedd is a Trump-Thinker and a Changer-Tinker, and Sarah is a Thinker-Stranger. Elliot and Grace offer the same threat: walk into any facility in the form of any worker they want, transform into a flying brick to out any defenses, then transform into someone else to get away.

Security at PRT Moperville would have to be tight.

Reading the list of power categories...

• Mover (unusual means of travel): Elliot, Grace, Nanase (flying/hovering).
  • Shaker (battlefield control, area effects): none.
  • Brute (able to hit harder and/or take being hit better): Elliot (superhero form); Grace (claws, toughness); Nanase (magically strong, guardian form); Justin (flame fists); Susan (summoned weapons, stun-hammers).
  • Breaker (can change their own abilities): Elliot, Grace, Nanase (powers in some forms that don't work in some other forms) ; Ellen (copy).
  • Master (controls others): Susan (fairies), Nanase (Fox).
  • Tinker (makes/alters gadgets in ways that can violate laws of physics): Tedd, obviously. Grace, maybe.
  • Blaster (has ranged attack): Ellen (FV5 beam), Susan (explosive fairies), Nanase (fae punch).
  • Thinker (enhanced knowledge, skills, or perception): Tedd (magic-reading), Grace (talk with animals), Nanase (guardian combat-sense), Sarah (telepresence), Ellen (knowledge of powers she copies).
  • Striker (has a touch attack that does something abnormal not explained by the force of the touch): Susan (stun-hammers), Tedd (sex change).
  • Changer (shape-shifter): Elliot, Ellen, Grace, Tedd, Nanase (actual shifts); Justin (illusions).
  • Trump (alters or interacts with powers of others): Ellen (copy).
  • Stranger (disguise/infiltration): Elliot, Ellen, Tedd, Grace (shapeshifting); Susan (fairies); Sarah (telepresence); Nanase (hair & clothing changes, fairy).

Pivoted version:

• Ellen: Blaster, Breaker, Changer, Stranger, Thinker, Trump
  • Elliot: Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger
  • Grace: Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger, Thinker, Tinker
  • Justin: Brute, Changer
  • Nanase: Blaster, Breaker, Brute, Changer, Master, Mover, Stranger, Thinker
  • Sarah: Stranger, Thinker
  • Susan: Blaster, Brute, Master, Stranger, Striker
  • Tedd: Changer, Stranger, Striker Thinker, Tinker

Summary version for professionally paranoid government agents:

• Run away!
  • Run away!

Edited by Don Edwards
added Susan/Master and Nanase/Master to both lists, Nanase/Thinker to first list, Tedd/striker to both lists. Took out Ellen's copied powers, made more allowance for the copy ability. Added some explanations.

54 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

• Mover (unusual means of travel): Elliot, Grace, Nanase, and sometimes Ellen.
  • Shaker (area effects): none.
  • Brute (able to hit harder and/or take being hit better): Elliot, Ellen, Grace, Nanase, Justin, Susan.
  • Breaker (can change their own abilities): Elliot, Grace, sometimes Nanase, sometimes Ellen.
  • Master (controls others): none.
  • Tinker (makes/alters gadgets in ways that can violate laws of physics): Tedd, obviously. Grace, maybe.
  • Blaster (has ranged attack): Ellen, Susan, sometimes Nanase.
  • Thinker (enhanced knowledge, skills, or perception): Tedd, Grace, Sarah.
  • Striker (has a touch attack that does something abnormal not explained by the force of the touch): Ellen, Susan.
  • Changer (shape-shifter): Elliot, Ellen, Grace, Tedd, Justin, Nanase.
  • Trump (alters powers of others): none.
  • Stranger (disguise/infiltration): Elliot, Ellen, Tedd, Grace, Susan, Sarah, Nanase.

Pivoted version:

• Ellen: Blaster, Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger, Striker, Thinker
  • Nanase: Blaster, Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger, Thinker
  • Susan: Blaster, Brute, Stranger, Striker
  • Tedd: Changer, Stranger, Thinker, Tinker

• Run away!
  • Run away!

This analysis only counts the main 8.
there's also Raven, Edward, The agents, Noah, Greg, Rhoda, Dex, Luke & Luke's friends.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I think that Elliot should be under Blaster as well--remember the Tamashii Gekido?

Based on the description of the categories, I'd say Tamashii Gekido falls under Shaker (Area Effect) since it is a close range area effect around the user, and both Elliot and Ellen can use this.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

• Mover (unusual means of travel): Elliot, Grace, Nanase, and sometimes Ellen.
  • Shaker (area effects): none.
  • Brute (able to hit harder and/or take being hit better): Elliot, Ellen, Grace, Nanase, Justin, Susan.
  • Breaker (can change their own abilities): Elliot, Grace, sometimes Nanase, sometimes Ellen.
  • Master (controls others): none.
  • Blaster (has ranged attack): Ellen, Susan, sometimes Nanase.
  • Thinker (enhanced knowledge, skills, or perception): Tedd, Grace, Sarah.
  • Striker (has a touch attack that does something abnormal not explained by the force of the touch): Ellen, Susan.
  • Changer (shape-shifter): Elliot, Ellen, Grace, Tedd, Justin, Nanase.
  • Trump (alters powers of others): none.
  • Stranger (disguise/infiltration): Elliot, Ellen, Tedd, Grace, Susan, Sarah, Nanase.

Pivoted version:

• Ellen: Blaster, Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger, Striker, Thinker
  • Nanase: Blaster, Breaker, Brute, Changer, Mover, Stranger, Thinker
  • Susan: Blaster, Brute, Stranger, Striker
  • Tedd: Changer, Stranger, Thinker, Tinker

• Run away!
  • Run away!

For Susan, I guess if you count unsummoning faeries as a ranged attack, that only relies on Susan actually using that tactic in combat, and it might not be an effective use of that quirk. Otherwise I'm not sure she has any ranged abilities, also I'm not entirely sure how she'd fall under striker either as she doesn't seem to have any touch ability  (unless she has mastered the vulcan neck pinch) as far at the category descriptions go, summoning things doesn't seem to fit any of it.

For Ellen under Breaker, I'd say remove the sometimes, the copy spell certainly allows her to take on the abilities of others.

For Justin, how would he fit Changer? I've never seen him shape shift under his own power, the illusions we've seen him use early on seems to fall under Stranger.

For the Thinker Category, not entirely sure, but Nanase probably fits here too, she may not have the tech savvy that Tedd has, but a 4.0 GPA must account for something. could also have "sometimes Ellen" because of the rare moments that Ellen thinks of something that no one else ever would have considered. :P

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Based on the description of the categories, I'd say Tamashii Gekido falls under Shaker (Area Effect) since it is a close range area effect around the user, and both Elliot and Ellen can use this.

For Susan, I guess if you count unsummoning faeries as a ranged attack, that only relies on Susan actually using that tactic in combat, and it might not be an effective use of that quirk. Otherwise I'm not sure she has any ranged abilities, also I'm not entirely sure how she'd fall under striker either as she doesn't seem to have any touch ability  (unless she has mastered the vulcan neck pinch) as far at the category descriptions go, summoning things doesn't seem to fit any of it.

For Ellen under Breaker, I'd say remove the sometimes, the copy spell certainly allows her to take on the abilities of others.

For Justin, how would he fit Changer? I've never seen him shape shift under his own power, the illusions we've seen him use early on seems to fall under Stranger.

For the Thinker Category, not entirely sure, but Nanase probably fits here too, she may not have the tech savvy that Tedd has, but a 4.0 GPA must account for something. could also have "sometimes Ellen" because of the rare moments that Ellen thinks of something that no one else ever would have considered. :P

I abbreviated the definition of "Shaker" a bit too much perhaps; the full definition talks about control of the battlefield. For me to say Tamashii Gekido qualifies it would need to be at least one of: longer range, larger area, and longer lasting in its effect (of making an area a bad place to be). However, it IS an area effect, so saying it qualifies is also reasonable.

Yes, I was counting Susan's fairies as both Stranger (infiltration) ability (can get in through small openings, hide easily once in position, don't need line-of-sight to Susan) and ranged attack (unsummon). For striker, I was thinking of the stun-hammers, and any of her other summoned weapons' enhanced effect on aberrations..

I don't think Justin's illusions (that we've seen so far) would be much help in infiltration. But I wanted to put them someplace. They do change his appearance. Changer seemed the best (albeit not great) category. Plenty of room for disagreement on that one too*.

I already put Nanase in the Thinker category (oops, I guess that only got into one of the two versions of the list - I'll fix that in a moment). But I did so specifically for her enhanced combat-awareness (including assessing people's combat abilities) in guardian form. There's no evidence that the 4.0 GPA is a result of magic, so it doesn't count. Similarly, there's no such evidence regarding Ellen's occasional intuitive flashes, so she gets the "sometimes" for when she's copying a form with abilities she doesn't normally have, including both guardian form (combat awareness) and Brownie form (sense of smell).

I'll also agree with someone else's comment that there's no place in that list of power categories to put a summoner. However, it may not matter, with one exception: Susan may qualify as a Master because of her control of summoned fairies. (Yeah, I'll add that to the lists too.) Aside from that, the point of a summoning is what one does with the thing summoned. The only powers we've seen Susan use involved summoning, and I had no trouble categorizing her use of them.

* Actually, there's plenty of room for disagreement on any of them that anyone wants to disagree with me on. However, some have even more room for disagreement than most.

3 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I'll also agree with someone else's comment that there's no place in that list of power categories to put a summoner. However, it may not matter, with one exception: Susan may qualify as a Master because of her control of summoned fairies. (Yeah, I'll add that to the lists too.) Aside from that, the point of a summoning is what one does with the thing summoned. The only powers we've seen Susan use involved summoning, and I had no trouble categorizing her use of them.

Nanase falls under summoner as well because of Fox which works the same way as Susan's fairies. Even down to being able to manually control them. Susan being able to go first person mode with her fairies is from the whole "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter" side effect of summoning Nanase's fairy doll which I guess is the same as Ellen's copy spell? Maybe if Susan goes first person mode with Lil' Nase, she'd have access to fae punch and such?

3 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Pandora = Class 9 Thinker/Trump/Master (remember the incident with Dex?)

I think Immortals in general cover all categories to varying degrees.

And the fact that she's bored and insane, the other Immortals have the potential to be just as powerful if they allowed themselves to live that long.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Nanase falls under summoner as well because of Fox which works the same way as Susan's fairies. Even down to being able to manually control them. Susan being able to go first person mode with her fairies is from the whole "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter" side effect of summoning Nanase's fairy doll which I guess is the same as Ellen's copy spell? Maybe if Susan goes first person mode with Lil' Nase, she'd have access to fae punch and such?

Ah, I forgot about Fox! I'll go add the appropriate entry. I think "Master" is appropriate (possibly along with other things) when the summons are capable of acting separately from the summoner, which Fox definitely is. Susan also got "Blaster" from being able to explosively unsummon the fairies, but as far as we know there's nothing equivalent for Fox.

55 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Would Susan fit blaster (ranged ability) by virtue of being able to magically summon say, a bow, machinegun, or cannon?

11 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

can't she summon ANYTHING in a case she has marked?

What if she went to a gun shop and discretely marked one of the display cases?

There are stated restrictions on what she can summon (which potentially could be out-of-date) that would keep that from working. Aside from the little problem that a typical gun shop is as fussy about firearm safety as a typical police station (if not more so) and probably doesn't store guns & ammo in the same case let alone store loaded guns, Susan's summoned weapons are good for one solid blow each; a bullet firing would count as the one solid blow for both the bullet and the gun.

6 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Precisely a gun would never work because of the way it functions. The charge of the ammunition makes a small explosion that kicks the bullet out of the gun's barrel. This would also cause the gun and the bullet itself to unsummon. That is, if she could summon gun and ammunition and make it count as one object.

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Trump

SO many bad jokes offered themselves here. *sigh*

8 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Guns, no because of the reasons stated Don and Hack. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Susan could keep a loaded crossbow in the chest (one of those small hand crossbows at least) that she could summon and fire once. Maybe she'd get an upgraded spell that lets her fire multiple "magic missiles" that way eventually. ;)

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Ah, I forgot about Fox! I'll go add the appropriate entry. I think "Master" is appropriate (possibly along with other things) when the summons are capable of acting separately from the summoner, which Fox definitely is. Susan also got "Blaster" from being able to explosively unsummon the fairies, but as far as we know there's nothing equivalent for Fox.

Well Fox has the ability to cast whatever spells Nanase can cast as long as the energy cost of the spell isn't more than Fox's energy reserve (which would cause Fox to unsummon) so if Nanase ever got an actual ranged spell (aside from being able to create and inhabit fairy dolls*), Fox should also be able to cast it.

*Nanase's Fae Punch shouldn't really be considered ranged because the fairy still needs to be in close quarters to be able to hit someone with it, but I can see the act of creating faeries at a distance and fae punching (like what Nanase was doing to Abraham in Sister II) as a combo being a ranged attack, Fox likely isn't capable of doing so as the energy cost of creating the doll would be greater than she's capable of, that and it's probably not possible for Nanase's subconscious to extend that far.

On another note, it occurred to me that Tedd should also be a striker, his mark spell also lets him enchant others by touch.

12 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Pandora = Class 9 Thinker/Trump/Master (remember the incident with Dex?)

Actually, I think that Pandora goes up to eleven.

On 4/26/2016 at 7:18 AM, Scotty said:

On another note, it occurred to me that Tedd should also be a striker, his mark spell also lets him enchant others by touch.

Agreed - and in addition to being extremely disconcerting to many people, Tedd possibly could significantly alter the target's physical strength - and for certain activities working around exorbitantly large breasts is definitely a skill that must be developed. (I wonder if he can enchant a normally-ambulatory person into a wheelchair-bound person.)

That's right, Tedd is a Striker. An important thing to remember is that the PRT classifications are centered around how you fight them: for example, Panacea has the ability to alter the biology of anyone she touches (she uses it primarily for medicine). Normally, she'd be a Striker. However, if she were to grow an organism to spread through the sewers that grants her the ability to affect the ground around her, she'd be reclassified as a Shaker.

Also, Thinker implies any way to take in information, which could take any form. They're main threat is that they can give their side the advantage on information. This could be telepathy, like the Martian Manhunter, or any other way to gain information (like Superman's X-ray vision). I think Tedd's a Trump-Thinker because they can understand a superpower as it's being used. They can sit in the back during a fight, watch someone use their powers, and instantly understand their power better than its owner, then relay that information to the rest of the team. On top of that, they make machinery that gives them more of a wildcard status, so Tedd's defensive bunker could be filled with transformative traps, making it tough to get into.

Also, since Ellen's copy beam allows her to copy spells, that's a definite Trump-Blaster rating. If you know the Wormverse, imagine her using her copy spell on Eidolon. Or Behemoth. Or the Simurgh. Talk about an angel form, since Ellen can be as powerful as the most powerful person on the battlefield, she could become her own class-S threat if she got near an Endbringer.