• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday April 27, 2016

4 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Soon the living shall envy how merciful Damien's death was.

She's gotta have good unarmed combat by now, it wouldn't matter if she can't use guns very well.

It's actually amazing how many people I've seen complain that Bethesda didn't give the Legion a "good ending" (by which they mean an ending as satisfying as any of the others).  They genuinely think that the Legions methods should have been able to result in a better world.

1 minute ago, showler said:

It's actually amazing how many people I've seen complain that Bethesda didn't give the Legion a "good ending" (by which they mean an ending as satisfying as any of the others).  They genuinely think that the Legions methods should have been able to result in a better world.

The little I've seen from NP alone tells me the exact opposite. I'd wonder how could there be people who genuinely believe that incorporating the worst aspects of old civilisations would result in a better world, but then I see the news.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

The little I've seen from NP alone tells me the exact opposite. I'd wonder how could there be people who genuinely believe that incorporating the worst aspects of old civilisations would result in a better world, but then I see the news.

Better for those on top. 

While there was probably way that the Legion could be redeemed, they were so far down the wrong path that it would take years post game to start to correct them. Just listen to what their captured general says when he is being interrogated, they are the worst parts of humanity with a coating of old culture to look a bit classy. 

53 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Frankly speaking, I think even a post-apocalyptic world would be better off without the Bromans. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

NV is better off without most of the factions. 

The only ones I would think are fine as the stand (aside from the communities) that are trying to improve things are : 

Followers of the Apocalypse
Bright Brotherhood
Kings
Westside Militia

The White Glove Society, NCR and BoS all have issues but could be redeemed but the NCR have to much internal corruption, and the BoS are to out of touch to improve much as they stand. White glove just has that internal faction to put down, and their arrogance. 

Grace make sure you (do what ever it is you are going to do) without letting anyone else see you do it.

If you kill with an audience, you will end up recreating the Roman tradition of Gladiators.

Ave, Cæsar, morituri te salutant
(Hail Cæsar!  We who are about to die salute you!)

5 hours ago, partner555 said:

Arguably, if they can improve the wasteland situation than they've made things better. Sorta. In one way.

I'm generally a man of peace, but these guys are so vile that I will make an exception and gladly cheer on their hopefully violent end.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I would feel bad for the Bromans if I did. Only I don't, so I don't.

Bromans is such a good name for them.

In hindsight Grace's attempt to do a peaceful run was doomed from the start just because of these guys. She may be a hippie but she'll tear you a new one of she thinks you deserve it. Just ask all those turtles she's gone through to rescue the princess. ;)

7 hours ago, partner555 said:

Warning! Rant coming up...

I watched an interview with a man who had been a prisoner of ISIS. I he was kidnapped and held for ransom and it took something like 14 months before he was released. When asked about how he was treated and what kind of people the ISIS soldiers were he said that very few of those he met seemed to care about the religion other than going through the motions. What they did care about was having free access to people to torture and humiliate. He himself had been tortured in many ways and had been through nine mock executions. Usually he was told in the morning that he would be executed as they hadn't got the money, or alternatively they had got the money and had no further use for him. They then left him to stew for a day. When evening or whatever time they claimed he was to be executed at came they put a hood over his head and dragged him outside, got him on his knees, put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Usually it was just a click, a few times they fired a gun just next to him. These mock executions wasn't ordered, it was just the guards having fun.

Nine times he went through this, with some variations thrown in to keep him scared. Nine times different guards got their jollies from playing with mock executions, and that was just one prisoner. These guards came from all over, many from European countries, and they joined ISIS just so they could be assholes and torture people. Now this was a man, what they do to women isn't better in any way.

Having heard that, I'm not surprised that some people might find it fun to join a bunch of misogynistic fascistic sadists in a video game. Hopefully there are very few of those who feels it's OK to do this in the real world. Unfortunately though there are some who do, and organizations like ISIS or Boko Haram and The Lord's Resistance Army in Africa are just too happy to recruit them.

Sorry for the rant... I just had to say that there are people out there that are worse than what we like to imagine is possible.

43 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Sorry for the rant... I just had to say that there are people out there that are worse than what we like to imagine is possible.

Do not apologise. They are everywhere. Many Danes were quite happy to join the Hipo (Hilfpolizei) during the Nazi Occupation, and they were just as charming as the individuals you describe above.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=452

Well, there's goes the peaceful run. Go get em Grace!!!

I'm not sure this faction counts as "people" from the viewpoint of peace and pacifism.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Just ask all those turtles she's gone through to rescue the princess.

Note that you will need necromancer for that.

2 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

These guards came from all over, many from European countries, and they joined ISIS just so they could be assholes and torture people.

I hope someone will deal with ISIS in way which prevents them from returning back.

While the Legion's fate was likely sealed from the beginning, I have to wonder what faction Grace sides with in the end, assuming she doesn't give up on principal of failing a run she set out to do without Killing. My bet is that Dan is going to at least cover Mr.House (and maybe a bit more of the N.C.R.) before closing off the storyline. That or he takes a swing at Some of the DLC. I have to wonder how Grace would react to Ulysses.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Never having played the game, I'm more than ready for the storyline to end.  What I'm seeing of the game here makes me far less likely to ever try playing it, or anything like it.

The pacifist route removes allot of the fun options in the game, as there a bunch of quest lines/exploration you just can not do since you need to kill the flora and fauna on top of the raiders/legion/whatever to get through them. 

That said the Legion is a result of a problem that Sandbox Games have, if you want to make it so you can do anything or as much as possible in game, you have to be able to chose factions, which often means you have to be able to side wit the villain, which leads to horrible options.