• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

STORY: Wednesday April 27, 2016

I have to wonder what type of weapon Diane would prefer. I feel like Dan would toss her some ranged weapons to parallel Susan using melee weapons. All of this is assuming she does end up with magic. I got a bad(good?) feeling that Pandora is going to show up and do her ninja marking shtick again.

Just now, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

I have to wonder what type of weapon Diane would prefer. I feel like Dan would toss her some ranged weapons to parallel Susan using melee weapons. All of this is assuming she does end up with magic. I got a bad(good?) feeling that Pandora is going to show up and do her ninja marking shtick again.

Unless Helena and Demetrius beat her to it. It's probably unlikely it'll happen that way but considering they've done it before.

Anyway, Diane is definitely wondering how it is that Nanase isn't 100% sure Susan is adopted, I'm guessing the next page will hopefully have Nanase explain Susan's situation, having caught her father cheating, the divorce, being attacked by a vampire and learning about magic at 15 years old. The first two experiences are probably reason enough for Susan's mom to not want to add the fact that Susan's adopted on top of that.

Well, it does save Nanase from having to explain the reasons why she believes they're sisters again, like she did with Elliot.

7 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Way to take the wind out of Nanase's sails, Diane.

Given that Diane has privately come to the conclusion that she's sisters with Susan... I find the end of this conversation slightly... I think ironic actually does apply here?

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I got a bad(good?) feeling that Pandora is going to show up and do her ninja marking shtick again.

Unless Helena and Demetrius beat her to it. It's probably unlikely it'll happen that way but considering they've done it before.

They did at least do Susan the courtesy of explaining what they were doing before Marking her.  They even gave the girls a choice, albeit based on very biased and incomplete information.  Pandora, on the other hand, makes a habit of Marking people who have no idea they've got a spell until they use it accidentally.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, Diane is definitely wondering how it is that Nanase isn't 100% sure Susan is adopted, I'm guessing the next page will hopefully have Nanase explain Susan's situation, having caught her father cheating, the divorce, being attacked by a vampire and learning about magic at 15 years old. The first two experiences are probably reason enough for Susan's mom to not want to add the fact that Susan's adopted on top of that.

I doubt Nanase will tell quite that much personal information.  Hopefully Diane will appreciate how delicate it could be to tell her sister she might be adopted if she doesn't know it, and will help figure out how to bring it up as gently or positively as possible.

Then again, Diane might just charge over to Susan's house (where Susan is asleep with several fairies) and go for a face-to-face confrontation, either with Susan or with her mother.....

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Then again, Diane might just charge over to Susan's house (where Susan is asleep with several fairies) and go for a face-to-face confrontation, either with Susan or with her mother.....

Diane knocks of the door of the Pompoms residence, Mrs Pompoms opens the door, and we find out whether or not she knew Susan had a twin.

44 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Diane knocks of the door of the Pompoms residence, Mrs Pompoms opens the door, and we find out whether or not she knew Susan had a twin.

Like anything in this comic would ever be so blunt and direct. There has to be a rigamarole first. It is written. VWWM.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Ah, suddenly, I'm not sure the meeting will go smoothly.

Oh, there is NO doubt in my mind about that.

The meeting WILL NOT go smoothly.

Well, they think Susan's adopted because giving only one twin to adoption would be a really shitty thing to do, specially because we know Susan's family is well off so they don't have the excuse of "not being able to raise both girls".

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

What is this 'smoothly' word you are using? Is it English?

Without interruption,

The situation is going downhill smoothly and picking up speed ahead of the inevitable crash.

Supposedly the adverb can also apply to the use of disposable razors  But I have not yet found a reasonably priced blade that fits the description when operated.

47 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Supposedly the adverb can also apply to the use of disposable razors  But I have not yet found a reasonably priced blade that fits the description when operated.

I thought you Pharaohs all had these full beards? Well, except for Hachupset, maybe.

Am I the only one going to comment on Diane's expression in that last panel? I can't help but read that as Diane thinking something like: "You're not `sure´ she's adopted? You mean that not only does my twin, who I didn't even know existed, live in the same town for all these years, but she might be living with our biological parents? WTF?"

AFAIK no one has told Diane about Susan's parents being divorced.

IF it turns out that Ms. Pompoms really is the biological mother then I foresee a very tense meeting with her daughters in the near future.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I thought you Pharaohs all had these full beards? Well, except for Hachupset, maybe.

As I understand it, I think female pharaohs used fake ceremonial beards.

2 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Am I the only one going to comment on Diane's expression in that last panel? I can't help but read that as Diane thinking something like: "You're not `sure´ she's adopted? You mean that not only does my twin, who I didn't even know existed, live in the same town for all these years, but she might be living with our biological parents? WTF?"

AFAIK no one has told Diane about Susan's parents being divorced.

IF it turns out that Ms. Pompoms really is the biological mother then I foresee a very tense meeting with her daughters in the near future.

Truth be spoken here. What would be worse? The biological father had a divorce, kept Susan but gave up Diane, remarried, and later left Susan with his second wife. This sounds like the kind of spin that Dan would put on the story. ;)

Yeah Susan is going to take this very hard either way, for Diane its the possibility of her feeling that her parents might have chosen Susan over her for whatever reason, which is pretty hard to take but still pretty easy to recover from compared to Susan, who if she was adopted, doesn't know and finding out will basically crush her entire perception of her mother and make her wonder if who she is, is based on a pack of lies. Even if it turns out she wasn't adopted, Susan would likely still feel she was lied to about the fact that she had a sister that her parents didn't want. It is possible Mrs Pompoms wanted to tell Susan at some point, but I would expect the whole ordeal of Mr Pompoms cheating and the divorce might have made her second guess whether it was right to add more fuel to that fire, and that might be a redeeming point for her but still Susan's going to have a hard time of it.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Aren't the images mostly of chin beards, with the cheeks being clean?

The Ancient Egyptians were also obsessed with hygiene and hair removal. 

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Most Pharaohs did not resemble Yul Brynner

That we know of.  Not that there is any reason to suspect artists might slant the images of a dictator-king who could have them tortured to death.