• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

STORY: Wednesday April 27, 2016

Just think of how shocked Susan and Diane are going to be when they find out that they were decanted from a big egg.

Yes, yes -- I know most of you think the hypothesis is cracked, but we still need to explain their resemblance to Raven. I don't think it was a red herring.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Supposedly the adverb can also apply to the use of disposable razors. But I have not yet found a reasonably priced blade that fits the description when operated.

DE Safety razor blades. Personna brand ones can be purchased for 5-10 bucks for 100 blades. Feather brand ones 15 bucks for 50. Both definitely fit "smooth", Feather in particular.

22 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

Just think of how shocked Susan and Diane are going to be when they find out that they were decanted from a big egg.

Yes, yes -- I know most of you think the hypothesis is cracked, but we still need to explain their resemblance to Raven. I don't think it was a red herring.

It's probably a hint about SOMEthing, I just doubt it's a hint about Susan being related to Raven, especially considering the commentary:

Dan said:

This is another one of those moments I have been waiting a long time to get to. While this story has evolved over time, the fact that Raven would want and/or need to conceal Grace's furriness has been a constant, as was his feeling the need for a way to explain her other than "she's my student". Whenever I attempted to picture a "Ravenized" Grace, Susan would come to mind.

Of course, whether that fact has inspired anything beyond this moment remains to be seen. Maybe it inspired a big huge convoluted plot twist that will one day reveal that Raven is Susan's father oh wait he can't have kids. Well, it could still have inspired something equally convoluted. Or not. Maybe. Perhaps. Tacos.

18 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

So we know that Grace is part Squirrel.  Are you suggesting that Susan and/or Diane may be part Red Herring?

8 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That would be ridiculous. Next we are going to learn that I am actually part Norwegian Blue.

At long as you are not part turtle.

We've theorized about Susan and Diane's parents so many times that all I really have to say about this page is that I'm very proud of both Nanase and Diane. I love how Nanase explained Diane's affinity to her and then instantly brought up Susan, clearly intending to spill the beans, but Diane beat her to it. Also, if Dan is not joking and the next canon storyline is not about Susan and Diane meeting, I will be very... displeased.

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

We've theorized about Susan and Diane's parents so many times that all I really have to say about this page is that I'm very proud of both Nanase and Diane. I love how Nanase explained Diane's affinity to her and then instantly brought up Susan, clearly intending to spill the beans, but Diane beat her to it. Also, if Dan is not joking and the next canon storyline is not about Susan and Diane meeting, I will be very... displeased.

The next storyline is going to be recapping what just happened, it'll likely be the meeting with Edward letting him know what they learned about the energy buildup in Moperville and the increased vampire activity, I can see Diane and Susan meeting in the second half of the storyline though. I do wonder if Diane will be present at the meeting with Edward, Nanase might want him to see Diane again to verify she's Susan's sister. Oooh, maybe Susan will get called over to the Verres household as well.

2 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:
2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That would be ridiculous. Next we are going to learn that I am actually part Norwegian Blue.

Hey, turtles are awesome

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Lovely plumage...

19 hours ago, Scrapyard_Dragon said:

I have to wonder what type of weapon Diane would prefer. I feel like Dan would toss her some ranged weapons to parallel Susan using melee weapons. All of this is assuming she does end up with magic. I got a bad(good?) feeling that Pandora is going to show up and do her ninja marking shtick again.

I would also like to see summoned ranged weapons, but I'm not sure if it's possible. (It's not possible with Susan's spell, of course Diane can get different one ...)

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Unless Helena and Demetrius beat her to it. It's probably unlikely it'll happen that way but considering they've done it before.

Why not? Or Jerry can mark her.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Anyway, Diane is definitely wondering how it is that Nanase isn't 100% sure Susan is adopted, I'm guessing the next page will hopefully have Nanase explain Susan's situation, having caught her father cheating, the divorce, being attacked by a vampire and learning about magic at 15 years old. The first two experiences are probably reason enough for Susan's mom to not want to add the fact that Susan's adopted on top of that.

Isn't it sort of something Nanase isn't supposed to tell anyone?

18 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Then again, Diane might just charge over to Susan's house (where Susan is asleep with several fairies) and go for a face-to-face confrontation, either with Susan or with her mother.....

I actually think she's not going to BECAUSE Susan is not asleep YET. On the other hand ... maybe she does and that's why Susan isn't smiling despite being surrounded by fairies.

3 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Also, if Dan is not joking and the next canon storyline is not about Susan and Diane meeting, I will be very... displeased.

With him not only denying it but also directly denying he's protesting too much? I would be very surprised.

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:
3 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Hey, turtles are awesome

Also, they allow much better explanations of the world than tortoises.

10 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Truth be spoken here. What would be worse? The biological father had a divorce, kept Susan but gave up Diane, remarried, and later left Susan with his second wife. This sounds like the kind of spin that Dan would put on the story. ;)

Kind of a pet theory i came up with a while back, mostly to try and get a worse one out of my head (see: tv cliches argument):

Couple are together but not married yet.
GF has two girls, BF wants to get married, so the girls will have a proper family.
GF panics about money, does something stupid, gets arrested.
GF is sent to Prison and the girls are taken away, BF tries to get them back, but some kind of snag prevents him from getting both.
BF finds somone else while GF is in prison. they get married. Child grows attached to new mom and forgets real mom.
GF does five years, gets out, wants to pick up where they left off. BF can't really say no cause that torch never really went out...
shit hits the fan.

the main reason i didn't like the "the blonde is their mom" scenario is i couldn't come up with a way for it to work without at least one cliched manipulative bastard involved. then i thought of this.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That was before Diane was attacked and Nanase decided that Susan really needs to know about Diane. Come to think of it though, we've only seen Susan mentioning her parents being divorced to Tedd, Elliot and Sarah, but has she told Nanase? I guess it's possible that the only thing Nanase can go on is just that Susan has never indicated whether she's adopted or not so she assumes Susan doesn't know. That'd be a twist "Um Susan, not sure how to tell you this, we were hoping your mom would tell you first but things kinda happened and we need to know if you're..." "Adopted? Yeah, I know, that something that came up during the divorce."

Actually, Susan being adopted would have been a subject of the divorce wouldn't it? I would think that would have been mentioned when it came down to who would keep custody, right?

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Actually, Susan being adopted would have been a subject of the divorce wouldn't it? I would think that would have been mentioned when it came down to who would keep custody, right?

I would think it would only possibly be relevant if one parent were the birth parent and the other was not.  If they adopted her together, then it really wouldn't have any bearing at all.

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I would think it would only possibly be relevant if one parent were the birth parent and the other was not.  If they adopted her together, then it really wouldn't have any bearing at all.

Yeah I guess it would have come up if Susan's dad was her biological father, unless Mrs Pompoms had leverage to keep him from forcing the issue. Still, my theory about about Mr Pompoms and the woman he cheated with being Susan's biological parents isn't quite as strong anymore.

7 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

How's this for a wild guess: The blonde is Susan and Diane's human DNA donor. She and Susan's adoptive father both worked at the corporation doing the mad science with the Uryuom eggs. Raven, of course, is the half-immortal DNA donor.

Uryuom can have multiple parents. Hell, maybe Susan's mother, Susan's father, the blonde father cheated with AND Raven are all Susans and Diane's parents.

... wait. Can Uryuom have twins?

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Uryuom can have multiple parents. Hell, maybe Susan's mother, Susan's father, the blonde father cheated with AND Raven are all Susans and Diane's parents.

... wait. Can Uryuom have twins?

Er, that's a good question actually.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I would also like to see summoned ranged weapons, but I'm not sure if it's possible. (It's not possible with Susan's spell, of course Diane can get different one ...)

Um... Please remind me why this isn't possible? All I remember is that the original mark allowed her to summon a copy of whatever was placed in the appropriately marked box. I don't remember that there were any limit on what could be summoned other than it had to fit inside the box.

When she awakened I seem to remember that one of the first two spells was basically a copy of the ability the mark had given her, and the second spell was the ability to call the hammers even after Jerry dispelled the shrine.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I'm with you there.

Nanase might say that Susan has never mentioned anything about being adopted, and Nanase certainly hasn't asked about it. So no, they are not certain. If Diane presses on with questions about what powers Susan has I'd say it would be OK if Nanase said something about how having powers isn't always a pleasant experience, sometimes bad things happen, and that she should keep that in mind when talking to Susan about it.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I actually think she's not going to BECAUSE Susan is not asleep YET. On the other hand ... maybe she does and that's why Susan isn't smiling despite being surrounded by fairies.

Hug them! Got to hug them all!

42 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Um... Please remind me why this isn't possible? All I remember is that the original mark allowed her to summon a copy of whatever was placed in the appropriately marked box. I don't remember that there were any limit on what could be summoned other than it had to fit inside the box.

Because she can only summon ONE thing, duh ... while we never get canon set of rules, it make sense that crossbow and arrow would be two things. Also, the force needed to fire the arrow would likely make it vanish.

59 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

two possible problems, first one is the rebuttals made to my gun case idea. short version, firing mechanism causes weapon to unsummon due to one-hit rule.

other possible problem is that for a manual-fire weapon like a bow or crossbow the ammunition isn't internal, and may be considered a separate object as a result. Which would conflict with the one-at-a-time rule.

1 hour ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

How's this for a wild guess: The blonde is Susan and Diane's human DNA donor. She and Susan's adoptive father both worked at the corporation doing the mad science with the Uryuom eggs. Raven, of course, is the half-immortal DNA donor.

I am very much growing to despise egg theories...

the resemblance existing solely as justification for explaining the No-Children limitation still makes INFINITELY more sense than introducing that limitation solely to find a way to circumvent it later.

3 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

two possible problems, first one is the rebuttals made to my gun case idea. short version, firing mechanism causes weapon to unsummon due to one-hit rule.

other possible problem is that for a manual-fire weapon like a bow or crossbow the ammunition isn't internal, and may be considered a separate object as a result. Which would conflict with the one-at-a-time rule.

True, though thrown weapons could work, such as javelins or throwing axes.

7 minutes ago, Drasvin said:
16 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:
1 hour ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

True, though thrown weapons could work, such as javelins or throwing axes.

hmm... okay that works.

And unlike a normal throwing weapon you don't have to retrieve it afterwards you can just summon it back to your side.