• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Friday April 29, 2016

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

What, exactly, is an "unarmed weapon"?

New Vegas considers weapons that still require you to punch to be "unarmed weapons". Things like brass knuckles, various kinds of gauntlets, and even boxing gloves.

Well, I'm not surprised Grace went postal on the Legion. That was pretty much a foregone conclusion the moment they showed up.

41 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

That was actually a little MORE brutal than I anticipated... but at least I was right about how Damien's death was more merciful than theirs.

Not sure how it could be merciful, he basically committed suicide and tried to kill Grace at the same time. Sure, Grace tried to be merciful, but it didn't turn out that way.

Because war... war never changes.

You can try to play nice, and be the peaceful mediator, but eventually, you'll realise you're a lone Courier in a world forged in flame into an awful temper.

Especially when idiots who model themselves after Romans in dress but fail to understand Roman philosophy, tactics, even ethics. Sure, the Romans weren't great, but still. There's more to Rome than crucifixions and mangled Latin.

If this false Caesar was not into Romans, he might well have been into Native American stuff. Or arab stuff. Or modelled himself after the British empire. The wasteland could do with a cup of tea.

And the outcome would have been the same. A gang of mad dog killers, aping their betters from history, but failing to learn from it.

Maybe they were going for a cargo cult, by shaping themselves to be reminscent of Rome, they would attract the trappings of the rest of Rome, but alas, all they've done is proven is that their version of Rome can burn down into nothing in just one day.

28 minutes ago, Stature said:

Can I say that the ending is a bit too predictable?

Certainly it was abrupt.  I would have liked to see Tedd's reaction to Grace suddenly abandoning her pacifism.  (I suspect he'd be cheering her on in this case, but I'd have liked to see it).

28 minutes ago, Stature said:

Again, giant lizards as weapons. Jurassic Park experimental.

I like the way you think!

3 hours ago, EmberQuill said:

New Vegas considers weapons that still require you to punch to be "unarmed weapons". Things like brass knuckles, various kinds of gauntlets, and even boxing gloves.

Also, IIRC, baseball bats and a glove that is essentially a battering ram. Also swords in fallout are unarmed weapons as well? That one I'm less sure about.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Certainly it was abrupt.  I would have liked to see Tedd's reaction to Grace suddenly abandoning her pacifism.  (I suspect he'd be cheering her on in this case, but I'd have liked to see it).

Yeah I don't think Tedd would have been surprised by this outcome either. Though I would expect Grace to be a little upset that she failed to finish the game without killing anything. But I'm sure she understands that when a game is designed around a post apocalyptic setting, there's likely to be some very undesirable NPCs.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Not sure how it could be merciful, he basically committed suicide and tried to kill Grace at the same time. Sure, Grace tried to be merciful, but it didn't turn out that way.

I meant by comparison.

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:
8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I meant by comparison.

ehh... even then, I don't think 'driven to suicide' can be considered merciful by any standard.

Granted, it was because the guy had a God complex that was crushed by loosing, and it would have been impossible to defeat him without doing that either directly or indirectly, which pretty much means any attempt at mercy would be doomed from the get go...

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=453

Yep, hell hath no fury like Grace when some people just aren't worth trying to redeem.

It's a good thing she knows the difference between video games and real life.

I suspect she might get on killing spree on meeting similar kind of jerks in real life as well. Luckily, this level of jerkdom is not so common.

18 hours ago, EmberQuill said:
18 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

What, exactly, is an "unarmed weapon"?

It sounds like oxymoron but from skill point of view it makes sense. (When I first saw it, I looked what that means on Fallout wiki.)

16 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

Because war... war never changes.

You can try to play nice, and be the peaceful mediator, but eventually, you'll realise you're a lone Courier in a world forged in flame into an awful temper.

Trying to solve issue peacefully is good, but some issues can only be solved by complete annihilation of one side of dispute.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah I don't think Tedd would have been surprised by this outcome either. Though I would expect Grace to be a little upset that she failed to finish the game without killing anything. But I'm sure she understands that when a game is designed around a post apocalyptic setting, there's likely to be some very undesirable NPCs.

He might actually already predicted this when he was recommending her the unarmed combat. I mean, he knows Grace more than we do.