• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

5 hours ago, Drachefly said:

I got the courier one, but I don't get the elephant one.

It's referring to the commentary below the comic.  (The comic may or may not contain an elephant.)

I did say my next set would be something else...

large.58df4c12c3849_WaluigiTime.png.fdbc
Waluigi is back! Now the forum is funny again!

large.58df4c1d8b024_WaluigiDuck.png.3e6c
:demonicduck: (are emoticons broken? the demonic duck didn't work)

large.58df4c19c7906_WaluigiArtist.png.a5
Intentionally bad editing is a staple of my Waluigi slays.

large.58df4c21c21f7_WaluigiKitty.png.29e
I'd be terrified too.

large.58df4c2654ca6_WaluigiShrinking.png
Another Waluigi panel. Real funny.

large.58df4c2a442a0_WaluigiSmilingLikeTh
Look at all that glorious empty space! Waluigi is both pleased and not pleased!

large.58df4c31d0f2a_WaluigiZappyMakeover
Mostly Waluigi with something that barely even qualifies as an EGS panel? Sounds about right.

large.58df4c61c5815_WaluigiMV5.png.2ddf7
Mostly EGS with something that barely even qualifies as a Waluigi panel? Sounds about right.

large.58df4caf16431_SarahZappedtoWaluigi
Waluigi hates this!

large.58df4cb4bc217_WaluigiintheVideoSto
The most work I ever did for an intentionally terrible editing job. Waluigi likes this.

large.58df4ce73e792_ISummonWaluigi.png.3
The most recent Waluigi slay I ever made.

large.58df4cc70a397_Waluigisister.png.38
I had like four slays that used the "Waluigi's Back" panel and one that used a similar "Waluigi is back from vacation" panel. I settled on this one being the funniest.

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled Waluigi. I mean slays.

I think emoticons broke when the forum was down for a couple days that one time (when the background changed to light blue).  Also attachments and avatars from before then are gone as well. :(

8 minutes ago, TamarTree said:

elliotellenstudy.jpg

HA! I said that Elliot's morphing in the pinup might have been payback for Ellen making things awkward for him. This is that plan backfiring. :D

On May 2, 2017 at 8:11 PM, TamarTree said:

elliotellenstudy.jpg

I see Victoria's Secret catalogs can also be disguised as "perfectly ordinary books".

(It might be an oversight, but it seems appropriate...)

3 hours ago, chridd said:

I see Victoria's Secret catalogs can also be disguised as "perfectly ordinary books".

(It might be an oversight, but it seems appropriate...)

It might have also been an inability to make it fit without some fancy finagling. ;)

2 hours ago, podian said:

Too easy, can't resist:

nVH9Hhq.png

I'm honestly shocked that it took this long for anyone to censor slay that. That said, it didn't cross my mind until just now, but in hindsight it did scream "censor slay me!"

7 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

You know, even if I was 100% sure I would get away with it I wouldn't put hidden cameras in the shower and take pictures of people. That's just wrong.

If I had Sarah's mark, however, I'd abuse it so hard Pandora would blush.

I'm having trouble rationalising that.

I'm not sure it can be rationalised. Maybe it is simply the level of temptation and the knowledge that you are not doing it in the real world but only in your head. That way it becomes a sin of thought rather than a sin of action, and churches and religions notwithstanding, it is hard to convince the self that they are the same thing. I personally would likely also find the temptation irresistible, for that matter.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I'm not sure it can be rationalised. Maybe it is simply the level of temptation and the knowledge that you are not doing it in the real world but only in your head. That way it becomes a sin of thought rather than a sin of action, and churches and religions notwithstanding, it is hard to convince the self that they are the same thing. I personally would likely also find the temptation irresistible, for that matter.

A photo uses photons from the environment to make a record of the environment and I can then look at the record and see something I would not otherwise see.

Sarah's spell uses magic to make a record of the environment and she can then look at the record and see something she would not otherwise see.

Those are very similar and I don't think I find "thought vs action" a valid excuse here. It's more "magic vs machine". That still doesn't help me rationalize anything though. Maybe I'm just being irrational?

6 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

A photo uses photons from the environment to make a record of the environment and I can then look at the record and see something I would not otherwise see.

Sarah's spell uses magic to make a record of the environment and she can then look at the record and see something she would not otherwise see.

Those are very similar and I don't think I find "thought vs action" a valid excuse here. It's more "magic vs machine". That still doesn't help me rationalize anything though. Maybe I'm just being irrational?

Or maybe you are simply too honest to accept that rationalisation.

The difference between magic and science is even worse than that. If you used science to gain illicit knowledge, it could be traced. With magic, it cannot be. The difference is that it is all going on in your mind and no-one save you could ever know what you learned. The camera cannot be uncovered, its film cannot be stolen or copied.

There is no easy explanation or justification. It is an act you must live with. Perhaps we should be glad that we do not really have magic in our lives.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The difference between magic and science is even worse than that. If you used science to gain illicit knowledge, it could be traced. With magic, it cannot be. The difference is that it is all going on in your mind and no-one save you could ever know what you learned. The camera cannot be uncovered, its film cannot be stolen or copied.

There is no easy explanation or justification. It is an act you must live with. Perhaps we should be glad that we do not really have magic in our lives.

I think it's like Pandora's rationalization "Not that he'd ever find out, but I'd know" that makes it a big deal, sure, Sarah's ability won't let her get physical evidence of something, but people who know about her having that spell could still worry that she'll find out some dark secrets about them, people who don't know would be unaware until Sarah suddenly tried to blackmail them or something which I don't think she'd do unless it was trying to prevent someone from doing harm to others, I can totally see her attempt to get a crooked business person to stop being crooked by claiming she has evidence of the crookedness. But as for using the ability to act out fantasies, only those who know about her spell might feel uneasy about Sarah possibly using it for that purpose, Susan especially would know what Sarah would be capable of, she wouldn't have suggested the "Hollow Pursuits" episode if she didn't think Sarah would use the spell for fantasy, or maybe Susan wanted to encourage Sarah to use the spell for it, with the caveat of "as long as you leave me out of it."

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This. 

It's saying "There's things I wouldn't do if I had to plan and think about it, but I might or would do if I could make it happen on spur of the moment."

10 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

This. 

It's saying "There's things I wouldn't do if I had to plan and think about it, but I might or would do if I could make it happen on spur of the moment."

That is not quite what I meant, but I can see that I included this thought without realising it. Mind you, since I agree fully with it, I shall take credit for it by saying that my subconsciousness obviously wanted to say it.

To be slightly more serious, what I meant was that the temptation to perform a given deed grows stronger in inverse proportion to the risk of getting caught. Understand, I do not mean that temptation automatically becomes irresistible -- only that it is at its strongest when one believes there will never be any consequences for one's acts. In many ways, we truly are what we do when we think we are unobserved in the dark.

But as Vorlonagent states, it is also a factor if the temptation is available to one at whim in nearly any situation. In the technological variant of this scenario, you would need to prepare a place with cameras and/or listening devices; it would take some preparation and cost money. In the magical variant of it, it is basically anywhere and any time. It is the difference between being in a candy store where the counter is staffed and the candy is on display behind glass or being alone in one after closing hours where all the candy is lying around in open boxes.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

[...] the temptation to perform a given deed grows stronger in inverse proportion to the risk of getting caught [...]

It is in anticipation of that argument that I opened with "even if I was 100% sure I would get away with it" but I acknowledge your point.

3 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

It is in anticipation of that argument that I opened with "even if I was 100% sure I would get away with it" but I acknowledge your point.

Er, just in case I was not being clear enough -- I was in no way seeking to either refute you or cast any blame on you. I was simply taking the thought experiment through various steps to look for paths it might lead to. My apologies if you thought I was attacking your argument!