• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Just now, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Does it count as a slay if I do not alter any of the text, or any of the pictures, or the chronological order of them, but it _implies_ something different?

The thing about this is I was inclined to believe that Dan intentionally had this line of interaction in mind  so I don't think it could be a slay. Dan's made it clear that Tedd and Elliot are close friend and that Tedd really looks up to Elliot, maybe not in the same sense that Justin had fallen in love with Elliot, but I could see Tedd having always cared about what Elliot thinks of him and not wanting to do anything to make Elliot push him away. So Tedd's reaction to Susan's comment fits the "I don't want to mess things up with Elliot!" which also fits Tedd being so worried about what Elliot thought about his gender changing, worried that Elliot wouldn't understand. After Elliot confirms that he undertood what Tedd was going through, Tedd had a moment of increased affection but could have been reminded of what Susan had said and was like "nope this could still mess things up between us".

Oh yeah? I just read that cartoon as "uh, heterosexuality added to female form ... attracted to male ... awkward ... back off quick ..." in keeping with his comment two frames later (I'll stay male. It has less potential awkwardness).  I thought "There's another way to make you stay female" was a forgotten piece of lore gathering dust on a shelf.

Just now, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Oh yeah? I just read that cartoon as "uh, heterosexuality added to female form ... attracted to male ... awkward ... back off quick ..." in keeping with his comment two frames later (I'll stay male. It has less potential awkwardness).  I thought "There's another way to make you stay female" was a forgotten piece of lore gathering dust on a shelf.

We can add the fact that Tedd was quick to deny that his jealousy of Nanase had anything to do with things she's done with Elliot, and then when Elliot was talking to Tedd about his love issues with Sarah, Tedd needed a hug too badly to make the obligatory gay hobbits joke after Elliot said that he loved Tedd in a close friend way, but Tedd also thanked "goodness for small favours" when Elliot assured him that his feelings for someone else wasn't Tedd or Grace, not sure why Elliot would need to specifically say Tedd after he had already said his feelings for Tedd were like a really close friend, though Ellen's revelation later probably indicates that Elliot also had a bit of denial over how he really felt about Tedd.

It's like if conditions were more favourable, Tedd+Elliot would be a thing....wait a moment, is this the real reason Dan went with having Alternate Universes in EGS, to show us all the different Tedd+Elliot relationships?

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

though Ellen's revelation later probably indicates that Elliot also had a bit of denial over how he really felt about Tedd.

I had totally forgotten about Elliot's realizations about his sexuality and gender. That's weird, considering I so seldom (read: otherwise never) see characters who are agender like me, at least not in any way that is ever established. (Well, these days I say "nongender," i.e. no gender identity, because I've gotten sick of the fact that "agender" refers to both a gender identity and a lack of a gender identity, and the two aren't actually even similar.) Then again, there's plenty of characters that we don't really know to be male or female, where we're just assuming.

(On a side note of being a nerd nobody asked for, "inflammable" originates as "inflame-able," i.e. "able to be inflamed." Then language evolved and people started dropping the "in" sometimes, because it sounds like a negative prefix, and now use of "inflammable" is discouraged because it confuses people about what you're trying to say.)

Spelling Conventions?

I've been to Political conventions.  Floral conventions.  Sci-fi conventions.  Chili conventions...

I even thought about attending the Procrastinator's convention, but never got around to it.

But I have never heard of a Spelling Convention.  Is that an event for Wheel of Fortune fans?

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But I have never heard of a Spelling Convention.  Is that an event for Wheel of Fortune fans?

It's the sort of place where they argue about stuff like whether 'Akhenaton' should be spelled with one or two flatulent ibises.

25 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is ridiculous.

The second Ibis would make the name feminine.

Well, he did tend to have himself portrayed in an androgynous fashion in art, so that might not be completely inappropriate.