• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

Pinup: Sunday, May 1, 2016 (Charlotte Chillin')

Guessing she's wearing contacts? Because the way she described her vision as being pretty nearsighted in the comic she should have that phone almost in her face to see it well.

I'm only going by my own vision, I'm nearsighted as well, but not that bad, things are a bit fuzzy at a distance and certain letters and numbers are hard to make out sometimes but otherwise I can tell what's what. Charlotte needed clarification about what happened to the spider vampire because it was all blurry to her so I can only imagine her nearsightedness being worse than mine.

A few things.

First, there are some people who (to me) look entirely different when not wearing glasses.  Charlotte is very much in that group.

Second, a "Pin Up" pic?  This is not a particularly attractive pose.

Third, while there is something to be said for candid pictures, this looks more like an invasion of privacy.

Tedd's the same way with his glasses, and I think it's mainly because in both Tedd and Charlotte's case, we never saw their eyes when they wore glasses, of course Tedd's glasses were much more extreme but the effect of hiding distinguishing details is there. If we look at Luke, his glasses don't hide his eyes so if he happened to take off his glasses the difference in his appearance wouldn't be as jarring. Heck panel 1 of that link is halfway there by Dan forgetting to draw the arms of Luke's glasses. :P

Yeah, this is not so much a pinup in the sense of what pinups are supposed to be. It is more fitting for the sketchbook section, but this is what was suggested and voted for and I'm not sure how Dan could make "lazy" look sexy.

I know people who can still see without wearing glasses, but in case of gadgets it is the other way around.

Really focus on the face and you will never know the difference of someone with and without glasses.

On 05/01/2016 at 9:14 PM, Scotty said:

Guessing she's wearing contacts? Because the way she described her vision as being pretty nearsighted in the comic she should have that phone almost in her face to see it well.

That, or she is testing Tedd's new watches - oh wait, she doesn't have any. Seriously though, Tedd should be able to make transformation correcting vision.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

It is more fitting for the sketchbook section, but this is what was suggested and voted for and I'm not sure how Dan could make "lazy" look sexy.

If it would be just clothes and not Charlotte being lazy ... although Charlotte likely isn't type for sexy poses anyway.